EA Forums - Banner

Adaptive AI so play rec matters / Or have a guess route mechanic for madden 21

tosstamer1
314 posts Member
edited December 2019
Adaptive AI players for actual play rec

For Madden 21, I’m suggesting adaptive AI, so AI players won’t react the exact same way 40 times in a row vs the same play so there can be some type of real football strategy and so people can’t have 1-2 money plays they abuse. what’s play recognition supposed to be? Lolololol

Guess route mechanic

I know a lot of people don’t like the idea of AI players being able to actually have play Recognition (lol) so I’m also suggesting that instead of shading routes, that you can set players to individually look to cover a certain route vs a certain WR in man cov or a route that would fall in the defenders zone assignment in zone cov. Therefore if I’m in cov 3, I can have my deep blue cb look for a streak, comeback, stop or out vs the outside WR. I can have my nickel cb (in a purple zone) look for a curl, out, flat route, ect vs the slot WR. Same in man cov, have the player that is covering that certain WR guess the route the WR will run. If you guess right it should give the defender a huge advantage and of course if you guess wrong he should get beat badly. That could make people mix it up as well as be more strategic.

Right now in madden, the only thing that can defend an outside WR out route is a cov 2 concept. So players are literally throwing it every play unless you’re in cov 2. But then middle or deep middle is open because I can only cover one of them lol

People say just make adjustments, but that’s the reason it’s called a money play. If professional madden players can’t “adjust” to someone running 1-2 plays to stop it, what makes you think it’s possible for a majority of madden players to do it? That’s laughable lolololol

Replies

• ericedub
    143 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Play recognition and awareness never have worked in Madden correctly. That's why these cheesers run nothing but money plays all game. Its 2019 and EA still can't even get alignment correct. That's why we can"t have true defensive assignments like putting CB Stephon Gilmore on TE Travis Kelce. The run game is so OP because the pursuit angles and play rec and awareness are so bad. Users literally run the same 2 plays all game switching between right and left. The defense is as dumb as rocks and its so easy to run to the outside in Madden 20. In reality the toughest thing in the NFL is getting outside with the speed and pursuit of the defense. The game just stinks all around and its been like that since the 1st update.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4276 posts EA Community Manager
    @tosstamer1

I like the idea of forcing players to open up their playbook more if the opponents defense was able to pick up on the other users plays if they either used it so many times in a row or if it was used X amount of times in a game when it hits a certain threshold. You don't want to punish a team executing a great play that can be countered if the other player can figure it out, but I can see how it's frustrating and less enjoyable when someone is running the same 3 plays all game.

Maybe the MLB will call out the exact play type as a tell so the other player will have to audible out of it. When the offensive player is picking their plays, it should give them a warning that it's at risk of getting picked up by the defensive coordinators.
  • @tosstamer1

I like the idea of forcing players to open up their playbook more if the opponents defense was able to pick up on the other users plays if they either used it so many times in a row or if it was used X amount of times in a game when it hits a certain threshold. You don't want to punish a team executing a great play that can be countered if the other player can figure it out, but I can see how it's frustrating and less enjoyable when someone is running the same 3 plays all game.

Maybe the MLB will call out the exact play type as a tell so the other player will have to audible out of it. When the offensive player is picking their plays, it should give them a warning that it's at risk of getting picked up by the defensive coordinators.

That would be pretty cool, but a lot of those times, it’s just a run play as ericedub stated earlier. You know the play, it’s just hard to stop because you have to make 10+ adjustments to stop a run to the strong side, then they switch sides then you’re super out of position and give it up to the weak side.

Late 2000s early 2010s maddens were working on AI adjusting to players spamming plays. I would love a guess route feature as well because some routes just can’t be covered with zones and mans get killed like deep crosses out of gun tight. By the time the crosses are near the sideline the purple and light blue zones are too far under and the deep blues are too far down the field. Only thing that covers an outside WR out route is a cov 2 concept or if you have a great press cb.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4276 posts EA Community Manager
    Rewarding a player for correctly guessing their play by nearly shutting it down to zero or negative yards doesn't sound bad at all imo, but the only thing I'm concerned about is what would happen if they were using audibles to get to a play they ran repeatedly and then changed routes.
  • Then they should call a different play. If someone calls the same play and changes the routes, it has to have a route in there that’s tough to stop.