Animations Ruin Madden

2Next

Replies

• Topgamer87
    80 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Erased
  • WR catching vs user lurk

why is it that the defense have the upper hand if you're throwing in the direction of a user defender? I noticed this online h2h and offline H2H sim/comp its way easier to click over an sang a int than it is for the WR to react to the pass..

I personally feel user lurk is overpowered and is not a skilled based feature so it should be removed(maybe turn lurk into a ability) how do you guys feel about user lurk?
  • Topgamer87 wrote: »
    Do you all think of height made a significant difference in a successful catch, than players would only go after the tallest receivers in Madden and only throw jump balls?

Size, weight, height, momentum... all aspects of physics should be an integral part of the game as they are in the actual sport, wouldn’t you agree?

That makes so much sense. People have been calling for weight and momentum to matter for years but I don’t think they can or they won’t because maddens the only football game. Height mattered until madden 16. 5’8 WRs could get the spec catch animations over 6’2-6’3 DBs.
  • 0ldPizza wrote: »
    how do you guys feel about user lurk?

You mean how do we feel about a user being able to play with a linebacker who can cover the entire field, turn on a dime without losing momentum, PI at will, beeline to the ball carrier and yet still be able to pick off passes that would be about 10 feet over their head, with their back to the play, all just by holding triangle? It's so realistic!
  • Do you all think of height made a significant difference in a successful catch, than players would only go after the tallest receivers in Madden and only throw jump balls?

Um... yeah, it is called strategy. Ermm. .. and how you play football. You know, what most people want, a simulation of nfl football, not this nonsense you call madden football.
  • My favorite animation is the quarterback fumbling when the gamer decides not to slide safely and keeps running at my defense.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • I have to admit you guys have listened over the years & user POV on defense has been one of the most rewarding gaming experiences out there. being able to read & react to the great qb/play animations. It’s probably why I always come back after I get frustrated a few weeks in.

It just becomes overwhelming.
    my players get combo blocked & are all sort of stunned for a few seconds & then I get stuck in animation land where, even if get them where they’d trip or get blocked themselves they just animate through it, & there I am, I can’t move for 2-3 seconds.

Or they don’t run the right coverages, or it’s the pass doesn’t even go near where I think I’m throwing it half the time. Or they don’t seem to listen to your adjustments. It becomes something where I’m asked to watch instead of being able to user & to me that’s the antithesis of gaming.