EA Forums - Banner

Rebuilding Franchise Mode

What features does Madden 21 desperately need to improve Franchise and enhance replayability? I’ll start.

•Practice w/practice squad for xp.

•Real week to week game planning.

•Weekly Wrap-up Show

•Playbook editing through Franchise; adding plays throughout the season.

•Expanding formation subs to plays and allowing more positions to play ST

This is just a start, let’s get this going!

Replies

• Fixing creating a player would greatly enhance the custom draft classes, it’s very rare you find a prospect who fits one of the few choices of generic faces and the create-a-player feature hasn’t been updated in at least 5 years maybe longer (equipment doesn’t count) and when creating a player it’s shameful you can’t create a player and customize his superstar abilities... that brings me to my next point, in Franchise as a coach you should be able to customize your players abilities or at the very least select the abilities for newly developed superstars. Little things like this makes me feel like EA doesn’t understand its community.
  • I'd like to see greater control over scheming on a positional level. Some position groups like RB and WR in most good teams are a mix of different archetypes, so giving an XP boost to players of just one of the possible archetypes for a single scheme seems to be disconnected from reality, and in fact from other updates to the games in recent years. For example, Running Back roles in the Depth Chart have been split out into the standard HB role, but also adding PWHB and 3DRB roles too which acknowledges that many teams use a mix of different types of RB. To then arbitrarily provide XP boosts to players with Elusive Back archetypes in a given offensive scheme like a Zone Run scheme, when instead running these plays successfully could give an XP boost to all players on the field for that play. I'd also like to see Training Camp return (but maybe reworked a bit) and OTAs introduced to help evaluate new players acquired earlier in the offseason.

On a more general note, I want more generalisation of positional groups, i.e. Quarterbacks, Running Backs, Wide Receivers, Tight Ends, Offensive Linemen, Defensive Linemen, Linebackers, Pass Rushers (maybe), Defensive Backs. Most of the player archetypes would still be the same but some would be accessible to more players, e.g. DBs would have access to Man-to-Man, Slot, Zone from CB and Hybrid and Run Support from FS/SS.

Above all else though I want to see the Career Clock stuff fixed/re-worked. I got sick of having the same interactions with coordinators and my players and then having unrealistic goals set for a game only to be punished for not meeting them. It seemed in my seasons that the top 3 WRs all thought they were a potential No. 1 guy and had to consistently get 150+ yard games or 2+ TD games to stop their morale plummeting (and this was the Redskins WR group so not much star power there!). As a player I created a QB (undrafted talent) and turned off Instant Starter to make it more realistic. Every interaction I had with the Coach was off the back of the starting guy's performances and I never made it past the preseason because it set me goals of a 250+ yard game when I wasn't even playing.
  • b1gengl1sh wrote: »
    I'd like to see greater control over scheming on a positional level. Some position groups like RB and WR in most good teams are a mix of different archetypes, so giving an XP boost to players of just one of the possible archetypes for a single scheme seems to be disconnected from reality, and in fact from other updates to the games in recent years. For example, Running Back roles in the Depth Chart have been split out into the standard HB role, but also adding PWHB and 3DRB roles too which acknowledges that many teams use a mix of different types of RB. To then arbitrarily provide XP boosts to players with Elusive Back archetypes in a given offensive scheme like a Zone Run scheme, when instead running these plays successfully could give an XP boost to all players on the field for that play. I'd also like to see Training Camp return (but maybe reworked a bit) and OTAs introduced to help evaluate new players acquired earlier in the offseason.

On a more general note, I want more generalisation of positional groups, i.e. Quarterbacks, Running Backs, Wide Receivers, Tight Ends, Offensive Linemen, Defensive Linemen, Linebackers, Pass Rushers (maybe), Defensive Backs. Most of the player archetypes would still be the same but some would be accessible to more players, e.g. DBs would have access to Man-to-Man, Slot, Zone from CB and Hybrid and Run Support from FS/SS.

Above all else though I want to see the Career Clock stuff fixed/re-worked. I got sick of having the same interactions with coordinators and my players and then having unrealistic goals set for a game only to be punished for not meeting them. It seemed in my seasons that the top 3 WRs all thought they were a potential No. 1 guy and had to consistently get 150+ yard games or 2+ TD games to stop their morale plummeting (and this was the Redskins WR group so not much star power there!). As a player I created a QB (undrafted talent) and turned off Instant Starter to make it more realistic. Every interaction I had with the Coach was off the back of the starting guy's performances and I never made it past the preseason because it set me goals of a 250+ yard game when I wasn't even playing.

Yeah I really like the training camp idea, a way to improve players throughout the offseason like in real football and I could way to bring back position battles. I think a weekly practice would be cool to, a way to progress players who won’t see much playing time and I think they should expand all positions and position groups, such as hands team, kick off... plus look at a player like Tayum Hill who plays special teams, QB, TE, RB, and Reciever, imagine a Utility Player position where you could sub him in whatever position you wanted because he truly does it all and EA limits him A LOT!!

• Mkeys26
    1 posts New member
    Please make a coaching role playing development system. With ocs dcs and special teams coach's.

Please make an expansion league option, complete with full create a logo and uni's in any city. Crate a stadium. Make it fun again for Christ sakes.