Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Kyle Rudolph End Zone Fade mismatch to win the wildcard matchup vs saints

2Next

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    1458 posts EA Community Manager
    0ldPizza wrote: »
    @EA_Blueberry: What do you think about a field goal like meter for fade throws where you have to let go of the receiver button once it's within the green area, improving your chances of a successful catch? This could mimic improved ball trajectory, perhaps?

•after awhile people will find ways to exploit the meter but what if I want to check down if the coverage isn't in my favor wouldn't really like that

I normally highpoint(L1/Lb) fades work for me most of the time... ball placement need to be reviewed when throwing fades touch/lob pass should sail to the back of the endzone instead of the route tree path leaving only the WR/TE able to catch leaving the DB only to be able to swat ball(if the wr is smaller the chance of it getting in INT are high) so it is timing and match up based•

I was imagining the meter moving extremely fast if the QB was fatigued and the speed of it could also be based off the combination of the QB's skill & WR's attributes for catching those type of passes. Maybe hold down the button to cancel it out if you want to check it down?

I agree with you though, it would be nice to observe the the DB and WR battle it out for a 1-2 seconds to help you determine if and where you should throw it. I guess you could move the stick in the direction you want to throw the ball in and that is where the skill could come from.
    Topgamer87 wrote: »

@EA_Blueberry , I just think franchise as a mode isn’t evolving or growing enough from a year to year basis, there’s much more immersion in formal titles. Defense/Offensive Coordinators, Senior Bowl, Restricted FAs... and outside of franchise you could create a stadium, create a team w/ legends, create a fan, create a play.. and as far as creation goes, they haven’t developed create-a player at all in years other in Face of the Franchise which begs the question why couldn’t they incorporate that throughout the game and inside franchise, it would enhance the custom draft classes, as of now Madden just has generic faces with limited hair styles. Also if licensing is an issue for legendary teams, how do they license players for MUT and in older titles players they couldn’t name you could put the name in yourself.

@Topgamer87

I've seen a lot of requests here for the offensive and defensive coordinators. I'm right there with you on that and it could also be something to add to MUT too. That's something we'll bring up to the team. Face of the Franchise received some great feedback which always makes it easier for the team to determine whether they should continue to build on that. I know a lot of answers from us here might come off as vague and I wish we had more to share on what future plans are, but overall this is great feedback and it's great to get this conversation going.
  • Afrom3ister
    118 posts Member
    edited January 9
    I was imagining the meter moving extremely fast if the QB was fatigued and the speed of it could also be based off the combination of the QB's skill & WR's attributes for catching those type of passes. Maybe hold down the button to cancel it out if you want to check it down?

I agree with you though, it would be nice to observe the the DB and WR battle it out for a 1-2 seconds to help you determine if and where you should throw it. I guess you could move the stick in the direction you want to throw the ball in and that is where the skill could come from.

No meter is needed, nor is another 1-2 seconds of free time for the offense. That extra time is why everything's already deep shot after deep shot in passing.

This is a presnap determination. A QB sees a matchup he likes and makes a timing throw. There is no reading it during the play. If you're worried about novice players learning this, you need to put it into the skills trainer and encourage them to learn how to make presnap reads and other skills in the skill trainer by giving them better MUT rewards.

I get that you're trying to bring in casuals and hardcore players, but competitive gameplay and a realistic product is only hurt when you try to appease novice players through dumbed down mechanics.

This isn't that complicated. Throwing a fade is simply a calculated risk. If you're worried about the mechanic being too OP, have play rec matter and try to reflect the success rate fades have in the NFL, then look over individual players to determine their success rate on both sides.

Make ratings matter and stop having route animations dictate success over the actual players themselves.