EA Forums - Banner

Dive and bouncing outside

tosstamer1
314 posts Member
edited January 2020

I had my defense like set up like this because he’s choosing to either run dive right through my tackles whom were Suh and Vea, or if I squeezed that, he would just immediately bounce outside and go score. This time I forced a bounce outside and he ran into the OL which stopped him or he was about to go score again. Very OP.

Also check out Shaq Barrett on this play. His pursuit just stops playing for like 5 seconds mid play.

Anyone else having these issues?

Replies

• This is what everyone in my leagues do. The pursuit angles and play recognition are terrible.
  • ericedub wrote: »
    This is what everyone in my leagues do. The pursuit angles and play recognition are terrible.

Ima chill so I don’t get banned again lol but yea. Dive is insane because it can turn into stretch if you need to.
  • With all Seriousness! You gotta search YouTube for the cheese Defense in order to match that up with the cheese offense. It’s ways to stop Cheese but you must first become a cheese machine yourself.
  • I have a set-up that creates a free rusher on runs out of 3-4 odd. You have to have one MLB blitzing (make sure he's blitzing towards the center). Send your LBs our and manually brint the blitzing LB over the guard center. Crash the d-line in and have them rush in the opposite direction on the blitzing MLB.

This creates a free rush to stop the RB and as long as that LB isn't too slow, that RB can't on cut outside.

Now, there are drawbacks to this set-up (powers and stretches can be killers), so you need to know tendencies and what's the meta out of certain formations.

• I have a set-up that creates a free rusher on runs out of 3-4 odd. You have to have one MLB blitzing (make sure he's blitzing towards the center). Send your LBs our and manually brint the blitzing LB over the guard center. Crash the d-line in and have them rush in the opposite direction on the blitzing MLB.

This creates a free rush to stop the RB and as long as that LB isn't too slow, that RB can't on cut outside.

Now, there are drawbacks to this set-up (powers and stretches can be killers), so you need to know tendencies and what's the meta out of certain formations.

All that set up to stop a dive. And if the person runs something different you get gashed lolololol
  • Afrom3ister
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    I have a set-up that creates a free rusher on runs out of 3-4 odd. You have to have one MLB blitzing (make sure he's blitzing towards the center). Send your LBs our and manually brint the blitzing LB over the guard center. Crash the d-line in and have them rush in the opposite direction on the blitzing MLB.

All that set up to stop a dive. And if the person runs something different you get gashed lolololol

It's a quick set-up. If you know a person's or a formation's tendecies, it shouldn't be a problem.

I just gave you a pretty good tip. You either try it out for yourself or can continue to get abused against the run.

Just for the record, I said there's a chance the a power or stretch beats you. This set-up still limits plays to 2-3 yards, but it does produce a ton of TFLs.
  • [/quote]

It's a quick set-up. If you know a person's or a formation's tendecies, it shouldn't be a problem.

I just gave you a pretty good tip. You either try it out for yourself or can continue to get abused against the run.

Just for the record, I said there's a chance the a power or stretch beats you. This set-up still limits plays to 2-3 yards, but it does produce a ton of TFLs.[/quote]

I'm sure it works or whatever; its just annoying how madden works. To stop certain plays, you have to have this manual set up with line shifts, manual blitzes, manual LB positioning, and control a certain player to help fill a gap. When they can just run another play and you can possibly be completely out of position because your entire defense and set up was to counter one play.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4302 posts EA Community Manager
    I like to use the linebacker and make it look like I'm blitzing the QB from the left side while run committing to the right so the other player runs into my trap. ;)
  • The minute I see you do that, I take a mental note and run that same formation later in the game and burn you for a TD.

I don't know if run commit is more effective post-patch because the risk of getting a stop with it is simply too great. If it's a pass, you're gonna get burned on a one-play. Not worth it.
  • EA_Blueberry
    The minute I see you do that, I take a mental note and run that same formation later in the game and burn you for a TD.

I don't know if run commit is more effective post-patch because the risk of getting a stop with it is simply too great. If it's a pass, you're gonna get burned on a one-play. Not worth it.

Well, you have to bait the player by rushing in with your linebacker from the left side before you can set yourself up for the run commit on the left side. (BTW, I'm using left/right side merely as an example)

The great players know when to use run commit because like you said, you can get burned on it in one-play. When I'm in a slugfest though where we are exchanging touchdowns, when I'm in the red zone and they've been running the ball, I'd say it's worth the gamble to mix in a run commit because you have nothing else to lose. Using it is always situational.
  • tosstamer1
    314 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    What about Shaq Barrett standing still mid play in the video?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @tosstamer1

That was really odd. The RB ran into the lineman and after he breaks off you can see the lineman target Shaq again, so it was almost as if they were still assigned to block each other in the code but RB left some weird space in between.

Great read bouncing to the outside though, shame it ended up like that. The linebacker came through the middle so fast you made the correct decision imo.
  • tosstamer1
    314 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I was on defense. I got lucky it ended that way because the guy I was playing ran that every play. Either bounce out and go for a huge gain if I stuffed the middle, or run between my DTs (Vea and Suh) vs a normal base set for like 8-12 yards. Vea and Suh were getting kicked out every rip.
  • EA_Blueberry
    tosstamer1 wrote: »
    I was on defense. I got lucky it ended that way because the guy I was playing ran that every play. Either bounce out and go for a huge gain if I stuffed the middle, or run between my DTs (Vea and Suh) vs a normal base set for like 8-12 yards. Vea and Suh were getting kicked out every rip.

That's right. I read it a few days earlier and this time just took a quick look at the video to refresh my memory, thought you were on offense the way the conversation went. I guess it worked out for you in the end, but looks to be a bug nonetheless.

Do you ever use the CB blitz from the Nickel formation when they're running bounces to the outside? That can be effective if they run into the CB that's blitzing.