EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

WE NEED A GOOD CAREER MODE. Why isnt this game immersive either? ideas for future titles.

i have been trying to reach EA Tiburon employees and possibly executives for a while but when i call they either hang up or have no answer. if you can't get around to seeing my post no problem! i attached ideas down below if you can review them and offer feedback that would be much appreciated. if i post the enhancements again i will most likely be flagged as i have posted them before and have gotten flagged for making 2 posts about the same thing. hopefully this list can be used in any type of way. thanks for the reply and ill make sure to document it in the video thank you!!
-Endorsements

-Sponsors

-Being traded

-my franchise player should not be 99 injury, which means he cant get hurt. totally unrealistic and career modes for every other game allows the user to possibly get injured

-Interviews

-Press conferences (this is such a major part in sports, you barely gave us any in qb1 and just decided not
to include anymore.)

-Salary Management for signed contracts basically career mode currency (like VC in 2K you can make money on this MLB the show does the same thing)

-Commercials when players are good enough and notable

-no create a team/expansion????????? this is such an obvious feature that is missing. not really relevant to a career mode but every other football game gives you the option to create a team with your own logo, uniforms, stadium etc. i shouldn't have to wait to relocate to do this. insane how ea can miss such an obvious feature players have been asking for. franchise would be so much more enjoyable.

-Cut Scenes (only a small amount offered in the first 20 minutes of playing qb1. there were no more once it was turned to franchise mode.)

-Social Media revamp and POSTS. not just 3 posts about me after breaking NFL records. if you structured social media like UFC 3 which is a game you made. it would be so much more enjoyable.

-Recorded name audio we can select for our players (see mlb the show and 2k as an example. you already have soundbites of charles davis and brandon gaudin saying the names just let us pick them for our players if they're the same. again you already do this for ufc)

-Signature TD/INT/SACK celebrations we can choose (this is already included, whats the point of a signature celebration if we cant pick them)

-how come not a single lineman celebrates with the qb when they throw td passes? this happens in every single nfl game but no one madden game. the qb celebrations are also horrible. a fist pump and a couple dances by yourself with no teammates around you? again many missed opportunities for immersion.
posing for pictures in the endzone for a team td celebration? you have it on the sidelines for some reason but not in the endzone?

-interception celebrations are again cookie cutters of regular celebrations. rarely any teammates come up to you after you're tackled once again you're by yourself doing a dance move or clapping

-Custom cleats when you're good enough or something along those lines

-Post game interviews. this is such an obvious missed opportunity.

-Fan interactions (lambaeu leap for example, signatures post and pregame, selfies, etc.)

-jersey swaps??? come on now, how can this be forgotten due to the frequency of post game broadcasts including this.

-fan revamp. (if a team is playing bad with a bad record the fans in the stands should decrease. every other sports game does this. and why do fans wear jerseys in the stands when nobody has that number. there should be a code you can implement where they wear jerseys of the current qb,rb,wr,cb,dt etc why not any x factor player either.)

-Face scan (you already do this for UFC why not madden??????) plus 2k does this if you weren't aware

-what happened to the cheerleaders? not very immersive if you can't include an obvious part of an nfl game

-Refs are so generic. its like a mobile game the way they announce penalty's they're too generic. if you include actual human mannerisms it would make it way more realistic

-more attention to detail. patriots pre game shooting and many more examples as well.

- just more realistic to the actual NFL (include voices like 2k you did this only with patrick mahomes and some qb's) have them interact with the players theres so many opportunities to make the player feel as if they're in the nfl.

-when i win a superbowl. it feels so ungenuine and bland. the first lines are about the team then after that are a couple more lines and they're the same every year you win the super bowl same with the celebrations. it feels almost as a chore to win the superbowl. make it feel as if we actually accomplished something. not just add to the legacy. this is the perfect time to include interviews and a media day. this is the most important part of a football season and it just feels rushed through and the same as the last couple of years

- everyone skips halftime because its boring. and brandon gaudin addresses when you skip this which isnt immersive. include halftime interviews or possibly featured music videos like the Chrysler halftime shows on actual football games

-how can the game be immersive if brandon gaudin and charles davis break the 4th wall and mention that "this is madden" and other lines as well.

-why does my player always point in the wrong direction on first downs this has been a problem for years.

-why is my player model sideways in the player picture and i have to edit my players equipment to change it back

-why is it effortless to become a 99 in your rookie year. make it harder give us an actual challenge

- the endless repeat of bandon gaudin saying "they arent gonna groom him for a year or two they want him to play right away." line everytime i make a good play rookie year

-i believe the career modes the last two years with devin wade and qb1 had tremendous upside but you couldnt even make your own character you were stuck with Devin wade, you also had to compete on a tv show to get a nfl spot. i never have in 20 years of watching football and following it have i ever heard of that happening. and qb1 started off so good but it was almost as if the developers gave up and transferred it right to franchise mode. only thing that is different is i get texts every week about the same exact things.
i dont want any sort of recognition for these ideas at all i just want to be able to play an immersive career mode on my favorite game of all time. Blitz the league, 2k football, ncaa football even 2md virtual football for the oculus all have superior career modes in terms of feeling like you're a pro football player.
this franchise mode that i feel is being disguised as a career mode has made me dissapointed as a player. the term "simulation" which is a playing style for the game is not accurate based on the play. i apologize if i came off as a troll or an annoying poster, but it's just unfortunate that ive spent near 1,000 dollars just on the base game alone over the last 15 years and the only mode i really enjoy is the franchise mode disguised as a career. its upsetting. all i want is for my recommendations to be heard. i dont want any sort of publicity i just want someone who is a developer to just add at least one of the recommendations.

Replies

• daboyz99
    4 posts Member
    edited January 17
    franchise recommendations that are hopefully not flagged as spam because i was told to post these by a moderator to hopefully get more additions to franchise. i'm just trying to provide some recommendations that will hopefully reach a developer or an executive. i feel like many would benefit from this list and would enjoy the game. this was whole list sent to a moderator and they told me to post it so hopefully no spam flag on my end. the message is listed below

i have been trying to reach EA Tiburon employees and possibly executives for a while but when i call they either hang up or have no answer. if you can't get around to seeing my post no problem! i attached ideas down below if you can review them and offer feedback that would be much appreciated. if i post the enhancements again i will most likely be flagged as i have posted them before and have gotten flagged for making 2 posts about the same thing. hopefully this list can be used in any type of way. thanks for the reply and ill make sure to document it in the video thank you!!
    -Endorsements

-Sponsors

-Being traded

-my franchise player should not be 99 injury, which means he cant get hurt. totally unrealistic and career modes for every other game allows the user to possibly get injured

-Interviews

-Press conferences (this is such a major part in sports, you barely gave us any in qb1 and just decided not
    to include anymore.)

-Salary Management for signed contracts basically career mode currency (like VC in 2K you can make money on this MLB the show does the same thing)

-Commercials when players are good enough and notable

-no create a team/expansion????????? this is such an obvious feature that is missing. not really relevant to a career mode but every other football game gives you the option to create a team with your own logo, uniforms, stadium etc. i shouldn't have to wait to relocate to do this. insane how ea can miss such an obvious feature players have been asking for. franchise would be so much more enjoyable.

-Cut Scenes (only a small amount offered in the first 20 minutes of playing qb1. there were no more once it was turned to franchise mode.)

-Social Media revamp and POSTS. not just 3 posts about me after breaking NFL records. if you structured social media like UFC 3 which is a game you made. it would be so much more enjoyable.

-Recorded name audio we can select for our players (see mlb the show and 2k as an example. you already have soundbites of charles davis and brandon gaudin saying the names just let us pick them for our players if they're the same. again you already do this for ufc)

-Signature TD/INT/SACK celebrations we can choose (this is already included, whats the point of a signature celebration if we cant pick them)

-how come not a single lineman celebrates with the qb when they throw td passes? this happens in every single nfl game but no one madden game. the qb celebrations are also horrible. a fist pump and a couple dances by yourself with no teammates around you? again many missed opportunities for immersion.
    posing for pictures in the endzone for a team td celebration? you have it on the sidelines for some reason but not in the endzone?

-interception celebrations are again cookie cutters of regular celebrations. rarely any teammates come up to you after you're tackled once again you're by yourself doing a dance move or clapping

-Custom cleats when you're good enough or something along those lines

-Post game interviews. this is such an obvious missed opportunity.

-Fan interactions (lambaeu leap for example, signatures post and pregame, selfies, etc.)

-jersey swaps??? come on now, how can this be forgotten due to the frequency of post game broadcasts including this.

-fan revamp. (if a team is playing bad with a bad record the fans in the stands should decrease. every other sports game does this. and why do fans wear jerseys in the stands when nobody has that number. there should be a code you can implement where they wear jerseys of the current qb,rb,wr,cb,dt etc why not any x factor player either.)

-Face scan (you already do this for UFC why not madden??????) plus 2k does this if you weren't aware

-what happened to the cheerleaders? not very immersive if you can't include an obvious part of an nfl game

-Refs are so generic. its like a mobile game the way they announce penalty's they're too generic. if you include actual human mannerisms it would make it way more realistic

-more attention to detail. patriots pre game shooting and many more examples as well.

- just more realistic to the actual NFL (include voices like 2k you did this only with patrick mahomes and some qb's) have them interact with the players theres so many opportunities to make the player feel as if they're in the nfl.

-when i win a superbowl. it feels so ungenuine and bland. the first lines are about the team then after that are a couple more lines and they're the same every year you win the super bowl same with the celebrations. it feels almost as a chore to win the superbowl. make it feel as if we actually accomplished something. not just add to the legacy. this is the perfect time to include interviews and a media day. this is the most important part of a football season and it just feels rushed through and the same as the last couple of years

- everyone skips halftime because its boring. and brandon gaudin addresses when you skip this which isnt immersive. include halftime interviews or possibly featured music videos like the Chrysler halftime shows on actual football games

-how can the game be immersive if brandon gaudin and charles davis break the 4th wall and mention that "this is madden" and other lines as well.

-why does my player always point in the wrong direction on first downs this has been a problem for years.

-why is my player model sideways in the player picture and i have to edit my players equipment to change it back

-why is it effortless to become a 99 in your rookie year. make it harder give us an actual challenge

- the endless repeat of bandon gaudin saying "they arent gonna groom him for a year or two they want him to play right away." line everytime i make a good play rookie year

-i believe the career modes the last two years with devin wade and qb1 had tremendous upside but you couldnt even make your own character you were stuck with Devin wade, you also had to compete on a tv show to get a nfl spot. i never have in 20 years of watching football and following it have i ever heard of that happening. and qb1 started off so good but it was almost as if the developers gave up and transferred it right to franchise mode. only thing that is different is i get texts every week about the same exact things.
    i dont want any sort of recognition for these ideas at all i just want to be able to play an immersive career mode on my favorite game of all time. Blitz the league, 2k football, ncaa football even 2md virtual football for the oculus all have superior career modes in terms of feeling like you're a pro football player.
    this franchise mode that i feel is being disguised as a career mode has made me dissapointed as a player. the term "simulation" which is a playing style for the game is not accurate based on the play. i apologize if i came off as a troll or an annoying poster, but it's just unfortunate that ive spent near 1,000 dollars just on the base game alone over the last 15 years and the only mode i really enjoy is the franchise mode disguised as a career. its upsetting. all i want is for my recommendations to be heard. i dont want any sort of publicity i just want someone who is a developer to just add at least one of the recommendations.
  • I just want the ability to coach only. Call the plays and let my players play to their skill ratings. I can succeed with a low awareness player because i make those decisions. Let those players play to their abilitie, so making sure you have intelligent/ skillful players makes a difference
  • i want better character customization, the faces are weird and the hair is weird. Their should be more hair and face options, like long hair, semi long hair, dreads, middle parts, fades, and more. Their should be more face options. More gear like headbands, and specific sponsored gear. Custom Cleats. Tattoos. Career mode.