EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Is it possible that the field and endzones for the Chiefs and 49ers be updated in Super Bowl mode?

This probably won’t work and I know that EA isn’t gonna know what the fields/end zones will look like in the game way beforehand, but I was wondering if there’s any developers that are reading that can maybe include an updated field and end zones for the Chiefs and 49ers.

(I can’t post links since I’m a new user)

The field is almost done being painted and it’s very different than what’s in-game. For starters, the Chiefs endzone should be yellow, not red like it is in-game. The 49ers endzone should have a helmet logo and classic font like at Levi’s Stadium, not the regular 49ers font and logo shown in-game. Also, the NFL 100 logo at the 50 yard line is wrong. The IRL one on the field should be the regular one with the NFL logo below the 100, just like the NFL 100 badges on jerseys this year. In-game, the NFL 100 logo is Miami Dolphins colored and the shield is to the right of the 100, which is incorrect.

I know this isn’t priority and I know that there’s no possible way the developers could possibly know what the actual field will look like come through day of the Super Bowl, but I was wondering if it would be possible to update the look in a patch. I know they’ve updated fields this year (such as updating Soldier Field to have the Bears 100 logo at the 50 yard line in a patch).

Also I was wondering if it would be possible to update the stadium details such as sidelines, seats, etc to be similar to IRL during the Super Bowl. In every Madden I’ve played since they introduced a Super Bowl mode, the atmosphere is pretty bland, with barely any logos or color anywhere, while IRL the fields are often colorful and have logos everywhere. Again I know EA can’t possibly know what the interior will look like way ahead of time but it would be cool if they could update it before next Sunday.

Also, why have Super Bowl patches been on the wrong side? They are always on the left when they should be on the right. The only time the placement is correct is when the Chiefs or Steelers are playing since they have theirs on the left due to a permanent patch on the right. Or when teams like the Patriots in 2011 or the Ravens in 2012 had patches on the left due to a memorial patch on the right. It’s kinda weird to play as the 49ers and not see Jimmy Garoppolo with a captain patch. Oh, and in the past, players who were captains wouldn’t even have Super Bowl logos on their jerseys at all since they had captain badges on the left side. It wasn’t until recently that all players get Super Bowl logos, but now players that are captains get their patches removed entirely since EA refuses to put the Super Bowl logo on the correct side. I know EA is capable of correcting this: Madden 10 had the Cardinals’ Super Bowl XLIII jerseys as an option to wear, and the logos were on the correct side. I’m wondering if the only reason the patches are incorrect is due to the Steelers winning that year...
Also, could we get a decals for the game on the back of helmets? And the footballs themselves should have the logos on them. They never have.

This is probably really dumb to post about this and I doubt anything will be done but when playing in the Super Bowl, all these inconsistencies are kinda immersion breaking.

Replies

• imgur . com / a / 8m1G6DF
  • ^heres what I’m talking about

Had to format it like that since I’m new
  • This probably won’t work and I know that EA isn’t gonna know what the fields/end zones will look like in the game way beforehand, but I was wondering if there’s any developers that are reading that can maybe include an updated field and end zones for the Chiefs and 49ers.

(I can’t post links since I’m a new user)

The field is almost done being painted and it’s very different than what’s in-game. For starters, the Chiefs endzone should be yellow, not red like it is in-game. The 49ers endzone should have a helmet logo and classic font like at Levi’s Stadium, not the regular 49ers font and logo shown in-game. Also, the NFL 100 logo at the 50 yard line is wrong. The IRL one on the field should be the regular one with the NFL logo below the 100, just like the NFL 100 badges on jerseys this year. In-game, the NFL 100 logo is Miami Dolphins colored and the shield is to the right of the 100, which is incorrect.

I know this isn’t priority and I know that there’s no possible way the developers could possibly know what the actual field will look like come through day of the Super Bowl, but I was wondering if it would be possible to update the look in a patch. I know they’ve updated fields this year (such as updating Soldier Field to have the Bears 100 logo at the 50 yard line in a patch).

Also I was wondering if it would be possible to update the stadium details such as sidelines, seats, etc to be similar to IRL during the Super Bowl. In every Madden I’ve played since they introduced a Super Bowl mode, the atmosphere is pretty bland, with barely any logos or color anywhere, while IRL the fields are often colorful and have logos everywhere. Again I know EA can’t possibly know what the interior will look like way ahead of time but it would be cool if they could update it before next Sunday.

Also, why have Super Bowl patches been on the wrong side? They are always on the left when they should be on the right. The only time the placement is correct is when the Chiefs or Steelers are playing since they have theirs on the left due to a permanent patch on the right. Or when teams like the Patriots in 2011 or the Ravens in 2012 had patches on the left due to a memorial patch on the right. It’s kinda weird to play as the 49ers and not see Jimmy Garoppolo with a captain patch. Oh, and in the past, players who were captains wouldn’t even have Super Bowl logos on their jerseys at all since they had captain badges on the left side. It wasn’t until recently that all players get Super Bowl logos, but now players that are captains get their patches removed entirely since EA refuses to put the Super Bowl logo on the correct side. I know EA is capable of correcting this: Madden 10 had the Cardinals’ Super Bowl XLIII jerseys as an option to wear, and the logos were on the correct side. I’m wondering if the only reason the patches are incorrect is due to the Steelers winning that year...
    Also, could we get a decals for the game on the back of helmets? And the footballs themselves should have the logos on them. They never have.

This is probably really dumb to post about this and I doubt anything will be done but when playing in the Super Bowl, all these inconsistencies are kinda immersion breaking.
    If EA goes to the Grin Iron Database it shows now how the Super Bowl field is going to look so they can fix it in Madden all they have to do is change the nfl logo on the center of the field to the nfl 100 logo the rest is correct but they need to make the Super Bowl patches on the Jersey’s bigger why is it always so small and on the wrong side of there jerseys?