EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: April Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Updates needed to Franchise

Topgamer87
80 posts Member
edited January 26
Two players who have not shown any indication that they will retire yet Drew often does retire after one season and despite Brady insisting he will play until 45 no matter what he’s retires after two seasons, even if you control and refuse to retire.

Also, players like Matthew Slater and Tayaum Hill can’t play special teams despite both blocking punts this season and Matt Slater being a Pro Bowler this year for SPECIAL TEAMS!

Free agents Dez Bryant, Kelechi Osemele, Eric Berry, and more all are no longer in franchise mode. I have no idea why because both Dez and Eric have shared aspirations to play and Kelechi hasn’t said anything about retiring, he’s injured but would still be a good FA to pick up for the 2020 season.

It’s little things like this that add up and make the franchise community feel as if we are being ignored! Not to mention the big things that also add up. Any comments on why EA made these decisions or if they can fix these issues?
Post edited by Topgamer87 on

Replies

• Im more inclined to change the things that have been hanging for years that could easily be worked into the game.

Trainers : Why cant a good trainer have a special exercise to help your players to get back from injury faster? Or world class trainers add a bonus to strength?

Scouts : Each scout per level or what not has a percentage to find that 1 hidden talent in the draft. Each player they find they get xp and raise levels after so much. The bonus gets better in the area of expertise they are versed in …. qb, rb, wr … etc.

What happened to Offensive and defensive coordinators?

Players becoming co ordinators and coaches after they retire. I remember when a player would retire and then 5 seasons or so later they would show up in coordinator roles.

Being able to choose how many and what players jerseys are on sale in the souviner shops.

that's just a few I have.
    Bulldog911
  • DubNinerEmpire17
    48 posts Member
    edited January 31
    You should add Conference & Divisional realignment options also total schedule editing...

EA_Blueberry: Made slight edit to post title for improved search results
  • Topgamer87
    80 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Yeah I agree with you those would all be great additions to Madden 21 but I was talking about updates to this game. Considering MUT gets updates every other day and other games get big additions you’d franchise would get some love as well but throughout the whole year nothing really significant at all other than problems being fixed, it’s unfortunate. Good ideas though!
  • CFM is great but those two things would make it so much better. Being able to do fantasy drafts and season rookie drafts from mobile devices would streamline things so much. And Allowing teams to play each other within CFM as a scrimmage so you could try schemes with your squad would be awesome. Please consider it.
  • What immersive features franchise mode needs:

Better auto-generated rookie classes, with more than the select few heads they have now (too many players look the same).

Generated players’ names all need to be said by commentators... without this, the game becomes too generic.

More records (kicking, punting, team, etc.).

Playoff statistical records for players and team.

Super Bowl statistical records for players and teams.

Better Hall of Fame and stat tracking (Keeping the history of each player would be awesome)

All-Pro awards.

Team ring of honor, retired jerseys, etc.

Statistical Reset (bare with me)...
    Ability to start NFL off in year one with everyone as rookies.

Ability to reset record books and start it from scratch.

Player statistical and career reset: the ability to take a veteran player, erase their stats and records, and start them over as rookies.

Legends as rookies in auto-generated draft classes (no duplicates)

Ability to customize and edit team conferences and divisions.

Ability to add expansion teams.

Maybe a list off the top 100 players each year.

These are just some of the basic things that would make franchise mode AWESOME.
  • What immersive features franchise mode needs:

Better auto-generated rookie classes, with more than the select few heads they have now (too many players look the same).

Generated players’ names all need to be said by commentators... without this, the game becomes too generic.

More records (kicking, punting, team, etc.).

Playoff statistical records for players and team.

Super Bowl statistical records for players and teams.

Better Hall of Fame and stat tracking (Keeping the history of each player would be awesome)

All-Pro awards.

Team ring of honor, retired jerseys, etc.

Statistical Reset (bare with me)...
    Ability to start NFL off in year one with everyone as rookies.

Ability to reset record books and start it from scratch.

Player statistical and career reset: the ability to take a veteran player, erase their stats and records, and start them over as rookies.

Legends as rookies in auto-generated draft classes (no duplicates)

Ability to customize and edit team conferences and divisions.

Ability to add expansion teams.

Maybe a list off the top 100 players each year.

These are just some of the basic things that would make franchise mode AWESOME.

I really hope more generated names are said especially on defense where they some none! It’s ridiculous! Do a name database like NBA2k has.
  • Madden 20 is a disappointment. It’s unrealistic, micro transactions (spending way too much money), lack of attention to franchise mode, lack of options in character customization, line backers are some how faster than everyone and can jump really high in the air to pick off balls 20 feet in the air, unrealistic offense in defensive, while playing zone defender will cover their zone and when someone is wide open they’ll see it but won’t cover it and stay in their zone, no create a team or jersey or playbook, superstar and x factor should be removed, seems like they’ve put all their attention to ultimate team, EA won’t listen to their community even though it might seem rude we just want EA to fix their game. Can someone from EA please answer, the i’ve been trying to tell people from EA but they don’t listen or they’ll say they’ll do something but won’t. So please, answer and fix these things so we can have fun playing madden and enjoy a sport that we all love... football!
  • Madden 21 is ready for preorder. :)
  • @The-Sporty-Hero you mean Madden 19 3.0
  • Let me type that in the gamestop search box topgamer and see if that's a new game.
  • Why is it that in all the franchise stuff my receivers cannot catch the ball if their lives depend on it. And the defenders like auto snap to the ball, and the linemen don’t block at all?
  • The linemen in franchise and receivers suck so bad and the defense is like nfl all star team so It’s not even fun to play and I will not be buying madden again 👎👎👎👎
  • EA_Blueberry
    1990 posts EA Community Manager
    Why is it that in all the franchise stuff my receivers cannot catch the ball if their lives depend on it. And the defenders like auto snap to the ball, and the linemen don’t block at all?

What difficulty setting are you playing on, @CmanGamer11? There are sliders in Madden 20 where you can adjust difficulty settings for specific aspects of the game, like the secondary's reaction time and offensive line blocking. If those 2 are giving you some trouble you might want to increase the blocking for your line and lower the defense for the AI.
  • Gixxer75011
    4 posts New member
    Madden 21 wishlist
    I have been playing madden for 20+ years and all my interest is in the offline franchise mode. With that said I love playing the game almost as much as doing all the offseason stuff and running the team.

GAME PLAY: always look forward to seeing better more realistic graphics and better mechanics. Get rid of the pro bowl and start giving first and second team ALL PRO nods if the player earned it and that could great boost the players overall. Have a hall of Fame voting or just inductions.Tackling could use a bit more work along with keep a secondary stat sheet for a players playoff stats. Better blocking by the OL. Also players being hit well catching the ball almost always drop it that needs to be fixed. Giving out fines for off field issues or league can hand out suspension if he is a off color character. I would like a more intense feel for games like the Super Bowl it should be put on a stage it’s the Super Bowl people. Playoffs and division games etc... ( half time shows or Super Bowl winner celebrating better analysis before the game picking winners and comparing teams)

RUNNING TEAM(owner): would like to be able to hire full coaching staff( GM, offensive and defensive coordinators ,QB,CB,OL,DL coaches etc...
    Would like to see more done with the stadiums more options for upgrades or renovations and be able to rebuild your stadium. More detail with merchandise and concessions. Changing team logo or uniforms making new designs that fans can vote on. also would like to see computer teams relocate and to see more and better options with the relocating. Would like to see sponsorship and media contracts. Ring of honor and retiring numbers.

OWNER & LEAGUE: coming up with a new CBA and owners and player negotiating and voting every so many years to increase salary cap, expansion teams, league rules and increasing league year or roster size

COMMENTARY: Need more commentators from all the broad casting networks with a larger amount of things they can say. Better music! Maybe even instead of music playing and repeating maybe analysis taking about games or players that had big weeks or them talking about college prospects.

PLAYER PROGRESSION: Needs to be revamped along with the training. Maybe give each player per week a number of training options that range differently for how many attribute points they earn based off of how hard the training is also playing in to the players development traits

SCOUTING: needs to be changed!!! Make every player every player 100% scouted and give each team 30 some interviews with players they have the most interest in. By interviewing the player you find out to deep down athletic abilities and personalities, off field issues and good or bad influence in the locker room. also a post of combine grades that show players moving up and down the boards.

DRAFT: things to improve would be computer teams calling in offers for trades giving more time so these trades and offers can play out desperate teams give up more like the real game. Also maybe make the draft over 3 days to also allow for more transactions to happen. Being able to sign undrafted rookies that slide in the draft for whatever reason. Compensatory draft picks!!

FREE AGENCY: need small improvements most noticeable make player more real in how they decide what team to pick make it more than just about the money with some players. Make it so older player are more likely to go to a winning team in hopes of winning a super bowl. Also put in a legal tampering window which can change players minds about resigning with their teams or not. Also even if a player first rejects a contract allow to negotiate or match offers. Having RFA would be nice and be able to tender players. XFL signings.

CONTRACTS!!!! This is huge for me I want options just like real football. Salary, signing bonus, roster bonus, incentive deals being able to put no trade clauses and options. the 5th year options on first round picks franchise and transition tags. Home town discounts because the player want to help the team win. Be able to restructure contracts to make cap room.

WEATHER: let’s make it more realistic. Have the weather change during the games and more often and let’s have it affect players catching, footing, etc... every player will be affected more or less depending on position and their overall.

MEDIA: Need more and better media questions some addressed to coaches, owners, GM, players, etc... the answers shouldn’t affect sales of any kind. But maybe have more of a personal affect between fans and the coach player etc...

TRADES: Couple of notes here. First off make it real in madden 20 some teams will give you the house for a ok player well on the other hand I can’t trade a 96 overall for a guy that’s a 86 overall because he is 2 years younger. Also a option to rework a players contract as part of a trade. More computer trade offers.

FINAL NOTES AND REQUEST: Also adding a training camp or rookie camp. Also during the preseason be able to set playing time for first,second,third string players for those games to see how they do and to improve their overalls. Oh yeah how about the seen of the coach on the phone well you work through your weekly progressions he does the same thing over and over. How about skipping around the stadium showing the team practice or the weight room or guys padding up in the locker room post game and weekly interviews anything!!!! Medical staff coming out to the field for hurt players and the cart depending on the injury. Weekly game planning based off game tape of opposing teams. More realistic sideline detail from players, coaches to equipment and the red phone lol.
  • We need to be able to create our own teams!!! I am tired of only being able to relocate and choose from a few predetermined names, logos, and jerseys. Please add a create a team feature like NHL, so we can customize our own name, logo, and jerseys. Please add this to Franchise mode as well so when you relocate you can customize everything like logos, jerseys, names etc. Maybe also make it so you can be an expansion team so you don't have to start out as a already existing team and wait a year to relocate and play as your new team.