EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

PROPOSAL TO MAKE “enforcer” hit sticks only apply to user

It’s getting pretty tiring that we play on Competitive, yet so many users have their defense with “enforcer” and all the players do is run towards the ball carrier and then switch off the “enforcer” allowing the CPU to then make the hit stick! If it’s competitive and rewards user plays. Why not make it to where the user has to actually play?!

Reply would be greatly appreciated. At least think about it.

Replies

• Guess my thoughts behind it would be similar to how “LURKER” applies to users on the player. If enforcer applies only to user hit sticks it would force people to actually make user plays
  • Stop crying. Just play the game like we all do not everyone is going to like everything. Just like I don't like how users can change direction faster then a wideout or really fast te, especially linebackers that dont have that kind of agility no matter what chems but when I do it they dont change direction even remotely as fast. And my lbs are 99 luke 96 shazier and 92 white riddle me that
  • Or even when I user my 98 Tillman
  • tosstamer1
    309 posts Member
    edited February 14
    How is wanting the game to be more user skill based crying? @shahidj729
  • EA_Blueberry
    1415 posts EA Community Manager
    @shahidj729

No need to inject that comment on fair feedback around a game feature up for discussion.

@mr_brooks206

Not going to lie, but I tend to switch to the CPU at the last second for those open field 1 on 1 tackles myself. It's the safe option but there have been times where I was burned because the opponent performed a skill move which juked my defender. I'm pretty sure the CPU has a higher risk of being juked so there is a trade-off.

The proposal to make the Enforcer hit-stick only apply to user controller players is really interesting though. If you feel that is the meta it can help add a little more balance to those relying on the CPU to make big hits, distinguishing a wider skill gap.

Thoughts?
  • I don’t know what it is, enforcer or reinforcement but Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley are way to over powered, 6 forced fumbles in one game, ridiculous! They should make these skills to make players individualistic and stand out instead of just being an overall based off numbers but at the same time Jamal Adams has never forced 4 fumbles in a real NFL game which I can’t factly verify but I can almost guarantee he hasn’t. It’s frustrating. And why does my QB lose his X Factor ability from another players turnover?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Topgamer87

6 forced fumbles in one game is either a result the ball carrier being a significantly lower OVR than the defender, not protecting the ball, or maybe even performing skill moves in situations where they shouldn't.

Just because Jamal Adams has never forced 4 fumbles in a real NFL game means it still can't happen nor should there be some forced cap in game once he reaches 2 fumbles. The QB is the leader on the field and it's a team sport. The way I see it, if your teammate loses the ball that stalls the momentum for your entire team. That doesn't mean your X-Factor QB still doesn't have the skill set to help the team score on the next drive and the X-Factor is a bonus when the team is on sync.
  • @EA_Blueberry The games broke. I’ve lost my X-Factor after fumbles that were overturned. I intercepted a pass and on the return the DB fumbled out of bounds, it was reviewed for some reason, they reversed the fumble but it was still my ball only it was second down despite the fact I hadn’t ran an offensive play yet and my DB wasn’t credited with the INT. Say what you want but 6 forced fumbles in probably 10 drives doesn’t replicate real football.
  • EA_Blueberry
    Topgamer87 wrote: »
    @EA_Blueberry The games broke. I’ve lost my X-Factor after fumbles that were overturned. I intercepted a pass and on the return the DB fumbled out of bounds, it was reviewed for some reason, they reversed the fumble but it was still my ball only it was second down despite the fact I hadn’t ran an offensive play yet and my DB wasn’t credited with the INT. Say what you want but 6 forced fumbles in probably 10 drives doesn’t replicate real football.

Strange it resulted in a lost down, thanks for raising that up to us. To be clear, is this MUT or Franchise?
  • Topgamer87 wrote: »
    @EA_Blueberry The games broke. I’ve lost my X-Factor after fumbles that were overturned. I intercepted a pass and on the return the DB fumbled out of bounds, it was reviewed for some reason, they reversed the fumble but it was still my ball only it was second down despite the fact I hadn’t ran an offensive play yet and my DB wasn’t credited with the INT. Say what you want but 6 forced fumbles in probably 10 drives doesn’t replicate real football.

Strange it resulted in a lost down, thanks for raising that up to us. To be clear, is this MUT or Franchise?

Franchise and just played another game versus the Jets, any guess how many fumbles Jamal Adams forced this game?