EA Forums - Banner

Check out our Official Gameplay Deep Dive for Madden 21

Check out the Madden 21 news on here & discuss it here!

Madden 21 Wishlist

Prev13456789
Franchise

- we need to be able to customize our jerseys and coaches 

-we need a rookie mini camp to see if they will work in our system

-we need a NFL combine just like you have in your QB1 mode in franchise

-we need more things to do with contracts with players like NBA 2k has in there game

-need an update on created stadiums, we need more customization for created teams & stadiums

-we need new announcer teams in the game as well for different games

- we need better break down of players in the nfl draft, maybe added a mock draft in franchise mode

- we need more time to be added to the picks like maybe 3 minutes would be fine to me.

- we need to get rid of the generic playbooks and just use the nfl live to be honest.

If you can get this small things in your Madden 21 game it would go a long way for us franchise guys to be honest.

QB1

- they need to add more college teams to pick from

-like a more story base once you get drafted in the nfl

-Maybe add an open world like for your created qb1

-need to add a rookie mini camp when your a rookie especially if you don't get drafted in round 1

-a path way to the hall of fame

-Get introduced to the hall of fame if you have a great nfl career

-Get to hire your own agent instead of getting appointed one

-I would say open qb1 to other positions you can play in the nfl

-Also you should have situations you have to complete on/off the field

Online h2h

-we need to bring back lobbies to be honest

-we should be able to pick which mode we want to play on simulation, comp or arcade

-mirror matches should not be allowed in h2h matches 

-Better match making when it comes to matching us up online

Replies

• rumka74
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    i know it too early but i feel if i get it out early you guys may think about it

here is my wish list for madden 21

1. put a age limit in mut/ultimate team the only reason its fair cuz little kids shouldn't be gambling.

2. please focus on franchise mode please we deserve it

3. please add features back into franchise mode like
    . training camp
    . talk show
    . improve scouting
    .bring in realistic scoreboard we been asking for it for years now
    .better game play. pass rush is great but these it the area you guys need to work on man and zones coverage
    .fixed the offensive line
    . fix the tackling mechanic
    . tune down the animations
    .fine a fine balance for offense and defense
    .bring back the 90 man rosters and add every player that is on the team im tried of not having the players that should have be in madden so please bring back the 90 man roster.
    . fix preseason give us more option where we choose to let the second strings play first or the first team offense and defense play and fix it where in the 3rd quaters third stringers can play instead of rejusting the depth chart for example. if i was the packers in my franchise mode and i play the steelers in week 1 of the preseason the second stringers can play the first to qauter and then the 3rd and the 4th stringers play in the 3rd quater and 4th quaters if u need help ask one of the head coaches from a team that will help u how to do that.
    .bring back the feature where we can choose our own preseason games after ur first year in franchise

here my idea how you guys can put more effort to franchise and career mode
    do this

1 year franchise/career mode
    2 then the following year ultimate team
    then the following year franchise mode/career mode
    u guys get the point i feel that will make people happy who wants franchise to be realistic we dersevre one year where franchise is worked on over ultimate team.

now for career mode its awesome i love it but there are a few thing missing in career mode
    . training camp
    . signing your own agent
    . buy a house.
    . more positions to play with
  • The Madden franchise has become stale and unimaginative.

It's time to inject some new energy into the title which has been around for nearly 30 years.

This will be a lengthy post describing the changes that need to be made before Madden 21 hits the shelves next August.

I have been playing the title for almost 30 years. I have also contributed to the EA Forums, albeit my last contribution was about 15 years ago and involved the MVP Baseball Series.

My suggested changes were implemented into that game and is considered by many purists as one if not the best baseball game ever created.

Ok, so now on to Madden...

The biggest issue I see with Madden at this point in time is the neglection of the Franchise Mode. I understand the online component holds significant value to the company. It also seems that all the attention put into the online components have taken away from what I consider the core of the game.

It really comes down to playability

What is the difference between Franchise mode from five years ago?

Crickets!

The truth is that there have been minor tweaks but not major changes.

That is what is killing this franchise.

If someone is going to put down $60-$100 on this title they should be getting their money worth. When you don't make wholesale updates for years on the main component of the game there are significant issues, IMO.

I perceive that a lot of these issues involve lackadaisical intent by the game design team. Maybe they don't understand what makes football interesting? It seems that the people now making this franchise are not fans of the game.

When you don't have fans of the game involved in the creation of the product it suffers.

How can this be fixed?

Reinvest in the development team.

Okay, so what is currently wrong with Madden? I am going to leave out the online element because that caters to a totally different animal. The truth is, that casual gamers don't care about the online element. They care about Franchise mode.

What needs to be fixed in Franchise mode?

1 - Realistic integration with official networks (CBS, NFL Network, ESPN, Fox, NBC) That would add a more realistic element to the game. In past versions, there was Fox integration into the graphics. The omission of realistic elements and the use of solely EA graphics is cutting corners.
    2- More emphasis on storylines. This would add to the replayability of the game. The modern NFL has a lot of personalities and characters. Having these different personalities affecting storylines taking place in the league would make the game more interesting. I'd also make there be random occurrences that happen that are rare to add to the intrigue.
    3- More off the field news. Pregame, halftime, and postgame shows. Local newspapers (like they used to have). Expand social media interaction.
    4- Heavy emphasis on the offseason and concurrent storylines during the regular season. More emphasis on the NFL Draft. Fictional players from real college programs. You could even down the line integrate NCAA football into the game. The two go hand and hand.
    5- Full league customization and expansion. A franchise mode should allow the player to customize their league in whatever way they want. You should be able to add teams via expansion draft, add historical and all-time teams.
    6- Hall of Famers available to be added as free agents. How would Joe Montana fare in the modern game? Lawrence Taylor? Now you could make it happen.
    7- Franchise relocation + Stadium creation: Besides expansion, teams can relocate.
    8- Personality systems that affect performance. Similar to X-Factor. Some players excel in the moments that matter. Others don't.
    9- REVAMPED DRAFT SCOUTING SYSTEM - The current system sucks and has sucked for several years. More emphasis needs to be added to this part of the game.
    10- Graphics... More weather variables. Weather changes throughout game. Rare random events. I.e power outages, parachutists, etc.

These are ten suggestions. Please feel free to use these suggestions when preparing the next title in the Franchise.
  • I'd like to create my own uniforms/stadium again. That was a cool feature that they stupidly took away. Even if they use a prerecorded set of names, at least give us uniform design back.
  • stocmic3 wrote: »
    I'd like to create my own uniforms/stadium again. That was a cool feature that they stupidly took away. Even if they use a prerecorded set of names, at least give us uniform design back.

Blame the NFL for that
  • JohnAlt27 wrote: »
    The Madden franchise has become stale and unimaginative.

It's time to inject some new energy into the title which has been around for nearly 30 years.

This will be a lengthy post describing the changes that need to be made before Madden 21 hits the shelves next August.

I have been playing the title for almost 30 years. I have also contributed to the EA Forums, albeit my last contribution was about 15 years ago and involved the MVP Baseball Series.

My suggested changes were implemented into that game and is considered by many purists as one if not the best baseball game ever created.

The biggest issue I see with Madden at this point in time is the neglection of the Franchise Mode. I understand the online component holds significant value to the company. It also seems that all the attention put into the online components have taken away from what I consider the core of the game.

Crickets!

If someone is going to put down $60-$100 on this title they should be getting their money worth. When you don't make wholesale updates for years on the main component of the game there are significant issues, IMO.

I perceive that a lot of these issues involve lackadaisical intent by the game design team. Maybe they don't understand what makes football interesting? It seems that the people now making this franchise are not fans of the game.

When you don't have fans of the game involved in the creation of the product it suffers.

How can this be fixed?

Okay, so what is currently wrong with Madden? I am going to leave out the online element because that caters to a totally different animal. The truth is, that casual gamers don't care about the online element. They care about Franchise mode.

1 - Realistic integration with official networks (CBS, NFL Network, ESPN, Fox, NBC) That would add a more realistic element to the game. In past versions, there was Fox integration into the graphics. The omission of realistic elements and the use of solely EA graphics is cutting corners.
    2- More emphasis on storylines. This would add to the replayability of the game. The modern NFL has a lot of personalities and characters. Having these different personalities affecting storylines taking place in the league would make the game more interesting. I'd also make there be random occurrences that happen that are rare to add to the intrigue.
    3- More off the field news. Pregame, halftime, and postgame shows. Local newspapers (like they used to have). Expand social media interaction.
    4- Heavy emphasis on the offseason and concurrent storylines during the regular season. More emphasis on the NFL Draft. Fictional players from real college programs. You could even down the line integrate NCAA football into the game. The two go hand and hand.
    5- Full league customization and expansion. A franchise mode should allow the player to customize their league in whatever way they want. You should be able to add teams via expansion draft, add historical and all-time teams.
    6- Hall of Famers available to be added as free agents. How would Joe Montana fare in the modern game? Lawrence Taylor? Now you could make it happen.
    7- Franchise relocation + Stadium creation: Besides expansion, teams can relocate.
    8- Personality systems that affect performance. Similar to X-Factor. Some players excel in the moments that matter. Others don't.
    9- REVAMPED DRAFT SCOUTING SYSTEM - The current system sucks and has sucked for several years. More emphasis needs to be added to this part of the game.
    10- Graphics... More weather variables. Weather changes throughout game. Rare random events. I.e power outages, parachutists, etc.

These are ten suggestions. Please feel free to use these suggestions when preparing the next title in the Franchise.
    JohnAlt27 wrote: »

Crickets!

How can this be fixed?

And Add Refs back
  • ndnoutlaw
    1 posts New member
    I would like to see more game planning from week to week and able to alter your playbook just like the real NFL prepares for each team. I would also like to see the option that if you choose to be a coach, you have no control over the players.
  • RobRenfro
    17 posts New member
    I have much to add on this subject as well. I was credited as an inspiration for the original Bill Walsh College Football game. I have played every incarnation of Madden on every game system. I have owned them all. Here are my issues. I want to focus on MUT because that is where I spend my time and money these days.
    1. Please be accurate with Legends. Jim Brown never played HB. Like Franco Harris, Brown spent his entire career at FB. Check his bust in the Hall Of Fame. Deacon Jones was literally the fastest players on the entire Rams team. And two weeks ago when the Browns ran a draw pplay on 4th and 10 and ESPN said as long as they had been keeping stats no running play on 4th or 9 and more had ever been successfulThey have been keeping those stats since 2002. The Houston Oilers ran a draw play on 4th and 10 with Earl Campbell and got a first down. So it's not a smart play unless you have the hardest player to tackle in the history of the NFL and he should be rated as such..These aren't personal opinions, they are facts. If someone simply had a greater knowledge of the game. Also the fact that Gale Sayers is rated below Tyler Lockett as a returner at the same level is crazy.

2. That lead me to my 2nd point about MUT the last few years EA has gone to a model of releasing lower cards before the Holidays and then around the playoffs the cards start to go up towards 99. So why am I really buying packs now? Wasting hundreds maybe thousands of dollars if I get carried away for cards I will just burn for training points if they don't fit in power ups? You not only should go back to releasing the 99 overall cards or some building blocks higher in that direction, but you should also get rid of this leveling system I enjoy playing solo challenges. But don't make me grind. I've been playing 30 freaking years. I came up with the original design for the pitch system on the option play. Not as an employ. But I did get a very nice letter from EA.

3. How about a real football simulation. I can give you a few changes that you could implement in one patch to change the game. More control over play calling, subs, audibles offensive and defense schemes etc before the game. For instance Let's say on offense you want to run no huddle or tempo. You should be able to put plays in a queue to run with your audibles already set up. It's crazy by the way you can't set audible in Ultimate Team. That way teams couldn't use crazy unrealistic nano blitzes with a 350lb nose guard covering Julio Jones. You also should be able to create your own plays in MUT but only from actual NFL route trees and route concepts. The same goes for defenses. You should be able to set up subs ahead of time. It's MUT I may want to run some Tampa 2 concepts and some 3-4 base concepts. So I should be able to Put Derrick Brooks in certain formations and Tyrell Sugfs in others. And I should never have to use an 87 version of either of them just because EA wants to keep players interested all season. Furthermore on defense I should be able to design my own plays. Having played football in highschool and college and being a great student of film, the nano and meta guys wouldn't stand a chance against my 49 year old bad eyesight 2 non malignant brain tumors, ADHD self ifvI could actually dbuldvand disguise my own defense and they had no idea if it was a mush rush or cover 4. Also you should be able to decide pre play if your beat corners are using a real inside or outside press technique pushing the receiver towards the sideline or inside towards safety help. An Playbooks should have unbalanced lines. Especially using Legendary players. MUaT is about ultimate teams. Let us but formations for our teams Playbooks. But we have to have audibles, the ability to set players in formations. Defense has to be able to set coverage scenes like CB A covers WR 1 regardless of where he is lined up. We have to have audibls we need Playbooks. We have to have control over players. If you are going to give us legends please get them right. Give Walter Payton the dead leg animation. Let Marcusr Allen jump over the goal line. Make Earl Campbell the hardest player to tackle in the game. Remember How Montana never lost a Superbowl, never threw an interception in a Superbowl. He threw 12 tds 0 ints. And had 2 fourth quarter wins. He was perfect and clutch. You can't do better. Don't forget RonniecLott started as a Corner and moved to safety because he blew people up..

I will come to EA or Tiburon at my own cost to help advise on how to correct add combination coverages so you have manand zone like Vic Fangio likes to run. I'll also show you how to properly run a Tampa two you trail the receiver out of your zone and pass him off. I can help bridge football and gamer. And I will do it free just because I want Madden to be better. And the tech is there it can be patched for the most part.
  • tattoo100 wrote: »

Crickets!

How can this be fixed?

Crickets!

How can this be fixed?

And Add Refs back

• I agree 100% I’ve played madden since forever and I want mothering but the best football experience possible (gameplay presentation the full package) every game not perfect but the difference from madden 5-10 years ago from now is lack of improvement and care for the realism part of the game. The developers they have are doing their best IMO Madden 20 is a huge step from the previous 2 because gameplay improved. The next step is making the game more of realistic on a broadcast level. Things like the halftime report and postgame have been stale on new gen so far. Everything has been shorten because of the competitive online aspect which is not the way to go. Abbreviated gameplay should only be for MUT and online play, not franchise and offline head to head games. So for the next gen games , that’s should be a thing they should address.
    First is the general presentation , such as challenges, reviews, highlights,halftime and postgame shows. The challenges/ reviews has been off. They feel real abbreviated and it’s nowhere near am close to a real life challenge you see on your tv screen. For example ,challenging a catch on the game is way off. On the game they show the same 2 angles of the play which in real life they show about 3-4 with a close up on the the feet to see if that both feet were in, Zoom in where the possession starts .Next add a Variety of what to challenge and review. Like arm going forward (if it’s an incomplete or fumble) and fumbles on screens.Make the broadcast team hint at something you wanna look at like they do on tv. Next change the Halftime show. Let’s not make it abbreviated we have a skip option for a reason. For those who like to see what’s going on, let’s make it the real deal. Like stats and highlights and Analysis on the game. It’s beneficial to the gamers and it’s a show to watch. Next is the postgame. Show more realistic end of the game scenes and have a player of the game. And maybe in the near future, you guys can interview coaches and player and have a Sideline reporter as well.

Next is on the field presentation. Like adding the refs back on the field, along with chain gang, ball boys, cheerleaders and mascots (teams whom have either). There are many teams and examples of mascots snd cheerleaders. Make the Fans more animated by giving them life. Painted faces, crazy hats and fits, and make them all types of sizes and ethnicities. Just like the old madden on ps2 &Xbox.Give them have some personality Depending on the fan base like crazy fans that proudly rep the Bills Mafia to the historic rich cheeseheads from Lambeau Field.That can make the game experience less dry, exciting and they can be added in some cut scenes (via td celebrations, being hyped, or showing disappointment, shock , and just being fans showin support). You guys done a nice touch adding special chants such as “COOOOP!” “SUHHHH!” But let’s add more emotions such as excitement on a game closing drive or a an eruption in the crowd on a game winning TD or field goal. The “OOOOOH” on a big hit! Let’s wake the gamers up during a game.

Next Let’s bring that real deal Let’s Make Madden Great on the Next Gen!!
  • CMN0J
    2 posts New member
    My idea is having Abilities for Teams.

For example:

Chiefs - Arrowhead (Superstar X-Factors are easier to activate at home)
    Patriots - Clutch (Superstar X-Factors activate with 2 minutes left in the game)
    Bills - Meteorologist (Plays better in tough conditions Ex: Wind, Rain, and Snow)
    Giants - Primetime (Players play better during night games)
    Eagles - Wild Card (Trick plays are easier to execute)

Those are ideas.
  • CMN0J
    2 posts New member
    Also a new remodeled Face of the Franchise

New storyline

High School Championship

College Recruiting*

National Signing Day*

College Season (4 Games)*

College Playoffs

Scouting Combine

Pre Draft Workouts*

Draft

Training Camp*

Pre-Season*

Season and beyond

(*= Skipable)
  • The create a player feature needs a complete overhaul, there’s like 50-60 faces to choose from and they are all similar and uncustomizable, this affects the create a draft big time, they all don’t have the same haircuts and faces in real life.

Also I think they should ❤️❤️❤️❤️ historical teams similar to EA, imagine playing the ‘07 Patriots versus the ‘85 Bears or Ray Lewis/Ed Reed era Ravens.

They need to revamped the NFL Draft, it is hardly exciting and Wingo just repeats the same thing over and over and that goes with the scouting, it needs a complete overhaul as well... you used to be able to play the senior bowl.

Two positions players like Deion Sanders and they need to add kick returner and punt returner abilities and honestly you should be able to put any player in any position you want without editing their main position because in the real NFL you can you just have to announce he’s eligible.

Create a playbook IN FRANCHISE because offenses change there plays week by week to attack certain weaknesses and you should be able to assign certain players to certain plays not just formations... and finally they should add Create-a-Play, it’s long past overdue!!
  • Refs,Chaingang,Helmets Popping off,Daylight savings time progressive lighting during 1:00 o clock games,Cheerleaders
  • CMN0J wrote: »
    My idea is having Abilities for Teams.

For example:

Chiefs - Arrowhead (Superstar X-Factors are easier to activate at home)
    Patriots - Clutch (Superstar X-Factors activate with 2 minutes left in the game)
    Bills - Meteorologist (Plays better in tough conditions Ex: Wind, Rain, and Snow)
    Giants - Primetime (Players play better during night games)
    Eagles - Wild Card (Trick plays are easier to execute)

Those are ideas.

I like this idea alot more like a home field advantage thing dynamic stadium atmosphere winning teams sell out more games losing teams you see less fans during the games a fet for franchise/owner mode
  • Adding LS as an actual position is way past due, why even have them in the game when all their ratings are under 50? Which leads to them always being cut by CPU teams in Franchise mode. Also being able to import current roster/stats/start at current week into offline Franchise or allow one per to control as many teams as they want in Connected Franchise. I've been playing NFL games since Tecmo Bowl on NES and used to spend hours at a time into days and weeks working on rosters to get them as up to date as possible but so only being able to control one team where rosters are up to date (kinda) with real stats gets frustrating! Especially when I scan through transactions to see the most horrific roster moves of any sports game and make zero sense nor would ever happen in real life! Ratings and Team Logic need fixed as well there are so many players that are in 50s an 60s that probably deserve a little more respect than that, and yes I understand some ratings will start off lower so the player has room to grow, but a veteran O-lineman who was once a starter or top backup shouldn't be a 58 or 61 is just one example. And Logically teams don't sign older players better rating or not to replace a younger recently drafted/acquired player they're trying develop. I had been on hiatus from madden then when I seen Practice Squad was added a few years ago I thought finally! They're gonna start making the improvements that mattered to players like myself. But as I waited for things like LS, PUP List so players didn't have to be released or placed on IR to make room on the roster, and bringing back the off/def coordinators possibly even some position coaches but only if they are REAL not FAKE! Even real GMs wouldn't hurt, and maybe just maybe find someone to convince Bill Belichick to sign a waiver to be in the game or if not instead of using a fake coach an made up name put Josh McDaniels or Jerod Mayo or someone that's actually from the team, you could even have a headline say Bill unexpectedly retires, How long will Brady continue or anything that makes actual sense but this has went on way longer than I intended an I haven't even got into gameplay yet
  • All I want EA all I want is, all time teams like, nba 2k does, along with classic teams Too, would be so cool so cool EA🙏
  • Better and realistic gameplay

Able to use formation subs with custom playbooks in franchise mode.

Real defensive assignments - Not by overall, speed etc. If I want Patrick Peterson in the slot covering Julian Edelman all game I can. Where he goes Pat goes. Being able to put my best CB on a star TE like Travis Kelce

Create a play/ Create a formation

User Stick Control

Practice mode 7 on 7 with the teams in shorts and jerseys

Practice mode they wear practice uniforms not game uniforms EA

Training camp position battles

Bring back bump & run coverage (which is different from press coverage)

More in depth draft - We should know ahead of time if my QB is a lefty and his archetype Gunslinger, Traditional etc. We should be able to work players out and have a combine. Players in the draft should have comparisons as notes. If I draft a big power back it should say his comparison is to Travis Henry etc.

Random weather changes

• Least animations as possible!
  • 1. All new create-a-player feature, it’s been the same since Madden 12
    2. More in depth coaching adjustments as ericedub alluded too, and most of these should be able to be done before the game, ya know... like a game plan. The way too “Neutralize” Fletcher Cox is not to run for 150 yards or 3 TDs (makes no sense)
    3. Specific players for specific plays, NOT just formations and also like it’s already been said formation subs for customize playbooks!
    4. Create-a-playbook IN franchise!!
    5. Realistic FA decisions from cpu teams and other factors than $$$ based on signings
    6. Brand new draft presentation, it’s boring and stale
    7. A highlight/weekly update show far better than the current one ( the one from ESPN 2k5 was amazing for its time) try to replicate that!
    8. Classic teams and the option to swap them out and customize a league, imagine a season SB 85 Bears vs 07 Patriots and so much more!!
    9. Customization abilities in franchise
    10. OC and DCs
    11. Playable senior bowl
    12. Ability to throw an actual goaline fade
    **I COULD GO ON AND ON** This just shows how much better they could be doing because this basically describes ESPN 2K5
  • Blitzers shouldn’t get sucked into blocking animations, no matter how far you try to run around a block as soon you get close to a lineman even if you have the jump on them or the edge you will get sucked into an animation.