EA Forums - Banner

Madden 21 Wishlist

Replies

• 1. All new create-a-player feature, it’s been the same since Madden 12
    2. More in depth coaching adjustments as ericedub alluded too, and most of these should be able to be done before the game, ya know... like a game plan. The way too “Neutralize” Fletcher Cox is not to run for 150 yards or 3 TDs (makes no sense)
    3. Specific players for specific plays, NOT just formations and also like it’s already been said formation subs for customize playbooks!
    4. Create-a-playbook IN franchise!!
    5. Realistic FA decisions from cpu teams and other factors than $$$ based on signings
    6. Brand new draft presentation, it’s boring and stale
    7. A highlight/weekly update show far better than the current one ( the one from ESPN 2k5 was amazing for its time) try to replicate that!
    8. Classic teams and the option to swap them out and customize a league, imagine a season SB 85 Bears vs 07 Patriots and so much more!!
    9. Customization abilities in franchise
    10. OC and DCs
    11. Playable senior bowl
    12. Ability to throw an actual goaline fade
    **I COULD GO ON AND ON** This just shows how much better they could be doing because this basically describes ESPN 2K5

Wow, I never even thought of that how great would a playable Senior Bowl be. That would be much better then the Pro Bowl great suggestion!
  • ericedub wrote: »
    Better and realistic gameplay

Able to use formation subs with custom playbooks in franchise mode.

Real defensive assignments - Not by overall, speed etc. If I want Patrick Peterson in the slot covering Julian Edelman all game I can. Where he goes Pat goes. Being able to put my best CB on a star TE like Travis Kelce

Create a play/ Create a formation

User Stick Control

Practice mode 7 on 7 with the teams in shorts and jerseys

Practice mode they wear practice uniforms not game uniforms EA

Training camp position battles

Bring back bump & run coverage (which is different from press coverage)

More in depth draft - We should know ahead of time if my QB is a lefty and his archetype Gunslinger, Traditional etc. We should be able to work players out and have a combine. Players in the draft should have comparisons as notes. If I draft a big power back it should say his comparison is to Travis Henry etc.

Random weather changes

You can use formation subs in franchise, idk what you mean about custom playbook because there is no custom playbooks in madden anymore.

You CAN change defensive assignments and choose to have your best Cb guard their most dangerous receiver. It's in the options when you are in game.

I would love to be able to create a few plays in the game but I think that's a thing they took out because in a competetive environment it would be WAY too easy to create a play that breaks the coverage and gets you a td every single play. A.I. is just too stupid atm.

Other than that, I would love all those features.

The only thing I would add is in franchise mode, they really NEED to add historical stats! The top 20 or at least top 10 in every category each year! Show the MVP award and offensive/defensive player of the year award winners from every year! Who won the superbowl my third year of franchise? I don't **** know! I can't **** remember because EA doesn't put the Historical stats into the game...
  • ericedub wrote: »
    Better and realistic gameplay

Real defensive assignments - Not by overall, speed etc. If I want Patrick Peterson in the slot covering Julian Edelman all game I can. Where he goes Pat goes. Being able to put my best CB on a star TE like Travis Kelce

User Stick Control

More in depth draft - We should know ahead of time if my QB is a lefty and his archetype Gunslinger, Traditional etc. We should be able to work players out and have a combine. Players in the draft should have comparisons as notes. If I draft a big power back it should say his comparison is to Travis Henry etc.

Random weather changes

You can use formation subs in franchise, idk what you mean about custom playbook because there is no custom playbooks in madden anymore.

You CAN change defensive assignments and choose to have your best Cb guard their most dangerous receiver. It's in the options when you are in game.

I would love to be able to create a few plays in the game but I think that's a thing they took out because in a competetive environment it would be WAY too easy to create a play that breaks the coverage and gets you a td every single play. A.I. is just too stupid atm.

The only thing I would add is in franchise mode, they really NEED to add historical stats! The top 20 or at least top 10 in every category each year! Show the MVP award and offensive/defensive player of the year award winners from every year! Who won the superbowl my third year of franchise? I don't **** know! I can't **** remember because EA doesn't put the Historical stats into the game...

I guess u didn't understand what I wrote. If u use a custom playbook meaning the plays I put together in my own playbook. I cannot use formation subs I cannot put my 3rd string linebacker that is fast at OLB get it. You have to use a team playbook in order to use formation subs.

Defensive assignments - Can I put my best CB on the TE or 3rd string WR NO! It goes by overall, speed, height etc. I want to be able to choose which exact player I want on The WR or TE I choose.
  • A detail superstar/career mode.
    Zoomed in defensive perspective camera angle back.
  • I really want to see player stats in the awards/stats with previous teams as is was in madden 2003 and so forth so you can see what teams they were on and were drafted by. I really miss this instead of having to do online research.
  • tobtae
    1 posts New member
    PLEASE ADD IN COOP IN ONLINE FRANCHISE so we can make characters and play on the same team with eachother! I feel as though it would be insanely easy to implement.
  • [quote="SavageBeastMode;c-2102415"][quote="ericedub;c-2101930"] Better and realistic gameplay

User Stick Control

Random weather changes

[/quote]

The only thing I would add is in franchise mode, they really NEED to add historical stats! The top 20 or at least top 10 in every category each year! Show the MVP award and offensive/defensive player of the year award winners from every year! Who won the superbowl my third year of franchise? I don't **** know! I can't **** remember because EA doesn't put the Historical stats into the game...[/quote]

There is too custom playbooks in Madden and if you want to make defensive assignments for coverage you have to choose from ticky tacky choices like Speed, Overall, Depth Chart... you can’t personally assign a specific DB to a WR/TE without get a match up you may not like and at the same for example put your fastest CB on day Tyreek Hill while having a S make sure he doesn’t get beat over the top. You can in preplay assign them both to double coverage but them will just both play man and it’s not what you want lol. What they need in Franchise is pre-game game planning, not just in-game adjustments. Why this isn’t in the game already is beyond me:
  • Global substitutions!
  • A madden 21 wishlist does not matter. I have played madden for years and every single year I see tons of people putting out wishlist. Madden's decisions are based on " what makes the most money " . They will let franchise players be unhappy because franchise isnt what makes them money. The amount of effort they put into everything else but franchise is quite impressive.
    They added superstar KO which is extremely lame but I have to admit they did a great job at it. Ultimate team gets WAY more attention than Franchise. EA is a business. Every businesses goal is to make as much money as possible. Right now MUT is what's doing that. Madden had a budget and can only do so much. Franchise is the last thing they focus on. Why do you think it looks the same every year except for a few things here and there? But , let's take a look at other sports games and put franchise aside. Madden is putting out games in 2019 where you cant customize faces , uniforms , stadiums and just about everything else. You could do all of that in WWE back in 2013.
    Explain to me how a lower budget game like WWE in 2013 has better features and customization than a multi million dollar game in 2019.
    They are pulling one over our heads and they do not care. They treat the Madden community like a bunch of idiots. But we are idiots , because they know we will buy the game every year even if it is the same bcuz it's the only football game worth a crap on the market. EA should be careful because if a NFL or NCAA game comes out that isn't madden I will never look back. Then EA is going to wish they cared more because no one is gunna give a CRAP about the CRAP they put out.
    My uncle is a game designer and he said they put just enough effort into the game to be playable but the things they could do wont happen.
  • PLEASE READ: it'll be nice if I can somehow play with our old teams like you guys use to do. I use to be able to play with the 85bears against other old teams. Im not sure if I'm suppose to say this on here but similar to how 2K do it. They have it to where you can play with All-Time bulls with all the greats or they'll let you play with a particular year they were good. That'll be **** crazy!! I wouldn't stop playing and making new franchise modes!
  • Add Refs back on field and include daylight savings time in franchise so the early 1pm games the shadows come across the field later in the season like in November and December months and playoffs how hard can this be with all this advanced technology
  • i know ea dont care and i wish people actually quit buying madden games so that they can see that we are tried of the same old **** game ea is sooo lazy that they cant fix the core gameplay or add more features to franchise mode there the laziest company in the world right now and it's sad because they used to make good games when it was on the ps2 now they just dont care anymore all they care bout is mut they probley will take franchise mode out of the games in the near future because that how little they care about
  • Features or lack of aside, if EA does not dramatically change the gameplay than this game will never reach its highest potential. I myself believe they should dropped frostbite and rebuild the gameplay aspect from the ground up. The current gameplay is riddled with bugs and awful animations/animation transitions. EX. (Going for a QB sneak, my QB is diving to the goaline and is near the ground but a tackle animation is initiated and he’s back on his feet and stuffed for a loss instead being pumbled on) but that’s just one issue with the gameplay, there several more like:
    •Blocking, O-Line creating a pocket
    •Lead Blocking, blockers running past defenders for someone further downfield
    •O-Line/D-Line interaction
    •Defenders in zone not reacting to a QB in his throwing animation
    •Play-action and having no control over the animation (feels like a pre-determined sack)
    •Still no goal line fades or back shoulder passed
    Feel free to add more and let’s discuss this!! If we don’t they won’t change barely anything.. and we know this from these past few years. C’mon Madden Community, let’s demand they listen to and get fired up like the 2k community did!! It’s on us now, not them. Fool me once shame on Madden, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times... really EA /:
  • great points
    Creating Pockets Oline moving til play stops
    Lead blockers finishing the play
    back shoulder goaline fades "realistic pass trajectory"
    Reach ball for 1st or goaline
    QB sneak jump or dive option
    Battle in the trenches
    faster plays development screen passes PA jailbreak etc
    less animation more skill skills and timing
    more penalties that revolve around gameplay
  • Great point about the reach for the pylon/goaline, such a common action in the NFL yet it’s not in the game!
  • Madden 21 gameplay. Let someone else make the NFL game. Tiburon has been playing around with the consumer long enough. PS5 is going to cost to much money to playing a ported version on 20 on it. Tell the NFL that you all are done making football so a new developer can give us a game worth buying. You gotta admit that the samethings are in the list above, that was on all Madden wishlist. Nothing is changing. Thats my wish.
  • My wish is that Madden 21 comes out in July again.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4835 posts EA Community Manager
    Topgamer87 wrote: »
    Great point about the reach for the pylon/goaline, such a common action in the NFL yet it’s not in the game!

You can dive into the end zone/pylon if you're sprinting which imitates that. Are you both referring to when a QB does a sneak and throws his arms out? I guess you could make that a specific playcall from the playbook, but if you're near the goal line what button layout would you make this? There would need to be a risk of fumbling with this or else players would likely always do this. If there was a risk of a fumble though, would players bother using it?
  • Topgamer87 wrote: »
    Great point about the reach for the pylon/goaline, such a common action in the NFL yet it’s not in the game!

You can dive into the end zone/pylon if you're sprinting which imitates that. Are you both referring to when a QB does a sneak and throws his arms out? I guess you could make that a specific playcall from the playbook, but if you're near the goal line what button layout would you make this? There would need to be a risk of fumbling with this or else players would likely always do this. If there was a risk of a fumble though, would players bother using it?

Most def make it a risk of fumbling it was multiple plays when the ball was plucked at the goalline this season so if the defensiveman is near the ball carriers stripping it should occurr on a fumble, I'll make the ball reach L1/LB + R1/RB since one is cover ball and other is pitch but if you press both it becomes a reach for extra yards which creates all their fumble if Missed time
  • How about a strip the ball predictor from the snap and then manually taking the diving QB touchdown away.
    Madden fan since 93.