EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: April Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Madden NFL 20 Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 20 Title Update – February.

Prev1
NatureBoy2323
2274 posts Game Changer
edited March 18
1nhrjaqyjbk0.png

To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback.

Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us. We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 20. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations.

Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update:

Key Highlights

NFL Live Playbook Update, including new plays/formations from Super Bowl 54

Franchise Updates

General stability and Connectivity improvements

Fixed an issue with the ‘Route Runner’ Wide Receiver Archetype data that prevented those players from reaching a high OVR via progression

DEV NOTE: List of ‘Route Runner’ Archetype players that were most likely to demonstrate this problem as they progress in Franchise leagues:

Michael Thomas
Davante Adams
Julian Edelman
Tyler Boyd
Keenan Allen
Amari Cooper
Julio Jones
Cooper Kupp
Stefon Diggs

Gameplay Updates

NFL Live Playbook Updates:

Added Gun Trey Y-Flex Weak offensive package to Chiefs NFL Live Playbook, which includes the Jet Chip Wasp play from the 3rd & 15 first-down conversion from Patrick Mahomes to Tyreek Hill in Super Bowl 54.

85ddehgakc8t.png

Added I-Form Pro PA TE Screen and Singleback Deuce Close PA Boot Corner Post to 49ers NFL Live Playbook

Added Singeback Deuce Close PA Slide TE Screen to 49ers, Broncos, Bengals, Falcons, Packers, Rams, Seahawks and Titans NFL Live Playbooks

Added Singleback Wing Slot PA Y Screen to Buccaneers and Vikings NFL Live Playbooks

Added Far Pro offensive formation to Browns NFL Live Playbook

Added Split Slot offensive formation to Bears NFL Live Playbook

Quarter Overload defensive formation added to Buccaneers, Cardinals, Ravens and Titans NFL Live Playbooks

Added Dime Rush defensive formation to Eagles, Jaguars and Redskins NFL Live Playbooks

Added 4-3 Even 6-1 defensive formation to Broncos and Seahawks NFL Live Playbooks

Fixed an issue causing zone swapping in 46 Cub Tampa 2

For the NFL Live Playbooks, updated offensive play-call AI to reflect the run/pass ratios for all teams based on the 2019 NFL Season data

DEV NOTE: As a reminder, NFL Live Playbooks can be found by toggling them on in the Team Select settings screen or via the Settings Menu on the Main Menu. In Franchise, these alternate playbooks can be toggled on for both users and AI teams by toggling them on via the Franchise Settings menu.

c0s7fcl8ix8i.png

35cdciw2afp0.png

Fixed an issue allowing the QB to abort the hand-off animation when flipping a specific reverse play

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/news/gridiron-notes-title-update-february-2-20
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• This is crazy STILL no updates to ravens offense instead of adding new formations like HEISMAN why can’t we just put the actual formations they actually run in real life in there playbook like gun heavy raven should be in in ravens and Removed from panthers along with gun ace slot or gun ace slot offset why the ravens don’t have every qb blast power of wrap in the game I don’t understand they also need a ton of pistol added pistol bunch TE pistol full house with triple option pistol tight slots like who does these playbooks ? Trips TE I could keep going but the main ones are heavy raven gun ace slot and pistol bunch TE and pistol tight slots
  • We need to just get custom playbooks for MUT this is getting old everyone just runs the meta cheese plays anyways so I don’t understand why we can’t just get custom playbooks for Mut even if it was only 15-20 formations I would rather that then how it is now
  • EA_Blueberry
    1473 posts EA Community Manager
    Jmmack10 wrote: »
    We need to just get custom playbooks for MUT this is getting old everyone just runs the meta cheese plays anyways so I don’t understand why we can’t just get custom playbooks for Mut even if it was only 15-20 formations I would rather that then how it is now

Don't think you custom playbooks offer an unfair advantage in online competitive modes?

The team has been continually adding in new formations throughout the year and prior to them going in the game they have to do vigorous testing to make sure they fit in with game balance. It's very possible the formations you want added that aren't in the game pose a potential balance problem or perhaps the team is still testing ways to implement it.

Where do you feel the Ravens stand right now in terms of top teams to choose from? I feel like 1/3 games I play against people are the Ravens. It's always nice to see a mix of random teams online, even when they're not the best teams to help mix it up every so often.
  • Did they fix the field for the SB 54?
  • Where’s the updates for franchise? MUT gets a whole new season, meanwhile franchise has seen no additions throughout the whole year, nothing but fixes.
  • Topgamer87 wrote: »
    Where’s the updates for franchise? MUT gets a whole new season, meanwhile franchise has seen no additions throughout the whole year, nothing but fixes.

MUT makes them micro transactions and Franchise doesn’t. They could careless about updating it especially with the features we are dying for. I wish they would just come out and admit it already.
  • EA_Blueberry
    etcreative wrote: »
    Ensure the Madden is the best game possible EA? What’s the point in adding all these cool new plays/formations then restricting the users from integrating them in their custom playbooks? I’d love to hear the rationale! Obviously EA are aware there are a large segment of their users would want this, however it’s being unapologetically ignored. Agile anyone? User feedback? I’m assuming EA has a bunch LOB (suites) & developers making design solutions for their users in a vacuum without UX designers. Every year they labor over complex menu animations, new game modes, long-shot etc that are far more complicated to implement yet ultimately are shallow & offer little to no value for their customers. No shelf life. They finally have a good idea to update the playbooks (throughout the year) & then decide to compartmentalize them away from custom playbooks. The people making these brilliant decisions are the same ones who neglect (their bread & butter) franchise mode & are leaving it for dead. There’s just no good reason to keep this stuff out of the hands of users who enjoy customizing.

Clint touched up a little bit on custom playbooks here:

• Can we PLEASE go back to the camera angle where its from the defensive perspective but not so zoomed out. Hard to see whats happening at the LOS when play starts. You guys eventually changed it back last year. Hopefully you change it this year.
  • Thank you EA Sports.......The smaller update a few days ago has now fixed my franchise exit of the game to now act normal. No more locking up and both keyboard/controller not responding on franchise exit. The franchise game had to be manually exited back to windows and then relaunched.
    I can how update players after the franchise game has ended. So thanks from me!!! And this addicting game!
  • Stop lies. Stop doing the bare minimum and fix the game. The game is getting worse by the minute and y'all sit here acting like everything is cool. Blocking terrible, pursuit angles terrible, catching terrible, franchise terrible, everything is terrible.. Madden has no competition so they treat us like a 2 dollar h**. We the community make this game and they need to start listening to us.
  • EA_Blueberry
    Thank you EA Sports.......The smaller update a few days ago has now fixed my franchise exit of the game to now act normal. No more locking up and both keyboard/controller not responding on franchise exit. The franchise game had to be manually exited back to windows and then relaunched.
    I can how update players after the franchise game has ended. So thanks from me!!! And this addicting game!

Glad to hear that! Sorry for any trouble that was constantly causing you, I understand how that would be annoying.
  • Please for the love and everything add a "Team Swap" option in cloud franchise mode. You request a swap in the league and the commissioner can approve or deny it. Team swap is just want it sounds like your roster and coaches and swapped with another. This would be a benefit to smaller leagues who want to consolidate divisions/conferences. PLEASE consider this I think this is something that would be a nice unique feature to have
  • BOP31
    1 posts New member
    why is there no restart challenge option I should not have to exit a game and then go back to the main menu of m u t in order to start a new challenge there should be a shortcut to just restart challenge
  • Back in the day EA used to have chat room within the Madden game itself. You could see a person's DNF or do not finish percentage. So I know the technology is available. Speaking for us people who love franchise mode and put in our hard earned time and energy to run online franchises. Please make a way for us to see how many leagues a person has joined, quit, or got booted from before we waste our time inviting them to our league. Give us a way to check reputation it's frustrating and time consuming talking to someone about ur league for an hour only to have them quit as soon as they start to lose a game.
  • Can we PLEASE go back to the camera angle where its from the defensive perspective but not so zoomed out. Hard to see whats happening at the LOS when play starts. You guys eventually changed it back last year. Hopefully you change it this year.

I literally have asked/begged for this ever since Madden 20 came out. And they don’t care because it’s not MUT. After asking and asking, checking each update to see if it was added back I just gave up. It’s not ever coming back. Wish they would just come out and say “we are not adding it back ever so don’t ask again”
  • Bring back the sports center Chris Berman highlights.....it was amazing. And I'm sure the real madden fans and sport center fan wouldn't mind..especially with the new generation of athletes.
  • Bearpaw003
    2 posts New member
    Game changing idea!!!!!

Instead of historical teams. How about historical seasons! Like ability to download and replay the NFL 75th anniversary with complete roster uniforms and old stadiums lije e rivers and candle stick. I would definitely pay for that DLC.. Like 40 bucks...
  • Bearpaw003
    2 posts New member
    Oops meant 3 rivers...
  • EA_Blueberry
    Bearpaw003 wrote: »
    Game changing idea!!!!!

Instead of historical teams. How about historical seasons! Like ability to download and replay the NFL 75th anniversary with complete roster uniforms and old stadiums lije e rivers and candle stick. I would definitely pay for that DLC.. Like 40 bucks...

Oooo you have our attention now. Just kidding!

That would actually be really cool if you can play historical seasons. To be honest though, I can't foresee that happening without pulling away some serious resources to build animations for those classic players, create the uniforms and apparel for fans from that time-period, new stadiums, playbooks, presentation, etc. The teams from those older eras used run heavy packages and weren't as quick or shifty as some players you see today. Would you want to keep it authentic? I'd say yes otherwise it wouldn't be the full experience. In that case, I don't know how many players would invest that much time into the mode.
  • bad2228797
    2 posts New member
    Can someone please help how do I get rid of flex on my lineup and please someone help I play on ps4