EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: March Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Sacks are ridiculous

BeastOf609
2 posts New member
CPU left edge rushers are completely broken. I play on All-Madden with sliders slightly raised to make a little more difficult. The sacks are getting exhausting. I get sacked 6 to 12 times a game. My RT is a 91 overall superstar and has given up 20 sacks in 12 games. My entire line is 85+. I get no time to throw the ball. The CPU instantly sheds my lineman. Rigged games are ridiculous. FIX THIS! It’s not realistic to be 4th and 43. It’s just dumb.

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    1415 posts EA Community Manager
    @BeastOf609

Have you tried increasing the blocking with the slider to see if that helps give you a little more time in the pocket?
  • I have barely works especially if the CPU has an x-factor player. 6 plus sacks for that guy even if I double team him it’s ridiculous
  • EA_Blueberry
    Are you shifting your protection over to that player's side?
  • Are you shifting your protection over to that player's side?

Yes
  • EA_Blueberry
    I see....if they have an X-Factor they're going to be a huge threat the entire game and you'll want to make sure you change your gameplan a bit to accommodate that threat. I'd try playing around with the sliders a little more to see what feels right. Make sure you aren't simulating your training before the weekly game. Playing those manually will always benefit your team more.
  • sacarlisle
    1 posts New member
    I agree that the pass rush can be unrealistic. Have you tried the double team pass protection audible? It seems to help some for me, until the X-factor guy gets in the zone.
  • A video of how bad the O-line play/awareness is...

A video of how unrealistic an impact rusher can rush...

• Oh and a double team being broken in under 2 seconds...
  • EA_Blueberry
    sacarlisle wrote: »
    I agree that the pass rush can be unrealistic. Have you tried the double team pass protection audible? It seems to help some for me, until the X-factor guy gets in the zone.

It's going to be very tough to stop an X-Factor DT/DE regardless of whether you double-team them. They are an X-Factor. It will buy you some more time. The last video of @tosstamer1 posted proved how it can give you extra time to pass the ball to multiple open receivers throughout the play.
  • What about the first video when two blockers let one rusher dive inside without attempting to touch him?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @tosstamer1

In the first video it looks like you might have had the RB on a check and release route? Unable to see the blocking assignments makes it tougher but I would have miked the right side since you had 2 receivers on the left. If they decided to blitz that left side one of your receivers would be open while the right side of your pocket was protected.

I encourage you and others struggling with heavy sacks to watch this video that @NatureBoy2323 just posted. ZAN breaks down blocking against meta rushes. I feel like most of the tips in the video will be stuff you already know, but I'm sure there's some tips in there of value for you.

https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/255852/picking-up-the-blitz-blocking-101-in-madden-20
  • None of that explains why my RT allows a rusher to waltz by him without attempting to touch him and ends up not blocking anyone lol
  • EA_Blueberry
    @tosstamer1

If it's happening every game and the opponent is doing something specific to cause that, it's an exploit we need to be aware of.

If it's something you see happen on a regular basis, that would need to be something the team will need to take a closer look at to address. If you see it happen repeatedly on a drive without making any audibles/assignment changes, please let us know what specific plays you're selecting and which game mode. It's also equally as important to let us know what you're doing pre-snap if there's an adjustments because it might be triggered from a specific combination of adjustments.

If it's a blown assignment you see happen very rarely, in my personal opinion that happens in real life week-to-week. Players make mental mistakes. You've posted those videos before and I noticed they were from January. We've had some updates since then, so anything reported earlier in our bug report forums please try to submit examples that reflect the latest updates.
  • Well I can't because I don't play anymore lol

I don't feel as if we should have to wait 7-8 months/updates into the lifespan of a game for it to play properly. That's basically selling me an unfinished game.