EA Forums - Banner

Check out our Official Gameplay Deep Dive for Madden 21

Check out the Madden 21 news on here & discuss it here!

Madden NFL 21 Mobile Pre-registration is available here!

Madden NFL 20 Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 20 Title Update – March.

NatureBoy2323
2680 posts Game Changer
edited April 8
pz3eipbfplj7.png

To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback.

Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us. We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 20. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations.

Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update:

Franchise Updates

General stability improvements

Gameplay Updates

Fixed an issue in the I-Form Tight formations that allowed the offense to disrupt defensive alignment by sending a receiver in motion and then flipping the play, leading to an exploit.

Fixed an issue causing a miscalculation of nearby defenders with the Matchup Nightmare, Backfield Mismatch and Backfield Master abilities.

DEV NOTE: The issue we fixed specifically prevented double coverage from always being calculated correctly, which unbalanced these abilities.

Previously, we updated the MUT Salary Cap cost of these abilities to 999 until we could get the fix out, and now that it is fixed, the Cap cost for each will return to their original values. BIG thank you to the Madden community for pointing this out. The feedback we received on these abilities allowed us to quickly investigate and respond.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/news/gridiron-notes-title-update-march-03-26
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• I'm surprised you guys updated madden 20 so late in the year to continue to fix issues. Well thanks I will test this update tomorrow and talk about it tomorrow.
  • I just lost a game to a guy that ran out routes the whole game and I ran what you guys told me to and it didn’t work. I have zero idea what you want me to do I was in my play off game and really wanted to win just like every one else and I simply can because your game is broken. I am beyond mad. I have no idea what you want me to do. I just want to have fun. It is a lot harder to win when you are getting screwed over
  • draco2399
    1 posts New member
    Is it possible to get the cpu generated combine results for the skill positions improved, namely the RBs and WRs and TEs, cbs and safeties are often pretty varied and well balanced however for rbs and wrs and tes it is often very weird. You get guys that are supposed to be deep threats running 4.6s or high 4.5s with first to fourth rd projections and then also having terrible accl and agility ratings. Or you get route runners or physical guys with even worse spd or accl or agility ratings. With RBs the only decently athletic ones u can usually find are first rounders but anything outside of that is here and there a second rounder. There are never diamonds in the rough for these positions anymore. TEs are just as bad as wrs. Only the top two tes are ever worth drafting and anyone else even if they have a combine score of 6.7-7.2 with a 40 time of 4.55-4.67 end up with 82 spd and 77 accl, like thats kind of ridiculous.

Could we please improve the combine/athleticism coming out of the draft abit to better reflect how the guys in real life are coming out of college more and more athletic by the year? Not asking for a hige upgrade but at least abit of tweaking to make the incoming rookies more athletic and not see physical wrs with a 7.8 combine and the top wr in the draft end up being a superstar with 85 accl, 83 agility and 86 spd for one example. Really makes our online franchise lgs less enjoyable for the many if us that love to build our teams through the draft.

Last point,

Cpu controlled teams are often making themselves cap-strapped after one offseason, could we plse improve the cpu reasoning with regards to the salary cap and contract spending, especially if there is not going to be a yearly bump in the salary cap as it usually is in real life.
  • Aye, that thing y'all do where if I select a certain play in Franchise mode and my Player doesn't get to play in I have to watch it... is freaking stupid. I'm really trying not to cuss y'all out because it gets on my nerves way too much. I'm currently playing with a defensive player, and it seems as if I can only play half the playbook with him, fix that in the next game. Because whoever was the liptard that came up with that.... should be borderline fired.
  • Mpark1998
    1 posts New member
    edited March 30
    Can you guys fix your match making??? Im tired of matching with player ls 10-12 overalls higher than i am [Removed-CM], i have yet to win a game outside of against friends bc theyre my skills level and close to my overall
    Post edited by EA_Blueberry on
  • you shouldn’t be able to blitz 9 players and run corner routes out routes and stretch and win every game
  • Thanks for continuing the updates but, Why is the halftime show in exhibition mode with coach really short? He just says back to the game and Doesn't discuss the highlights of the first half??? In Madden 18 the halftime show was long and Detailed, If You guys can fix it please do. Thank You!
  • Faedrt100
    1 posts New member
    Can y'all plz add more Redskins players I'm tired of getting on Madden where is the art monk one of the best receivers to play for the Redskins. Where is Darrell Green a hall of fame cornerback. The Redskins constantly getting hate in this game can you guys please add more players. Like Dwayne haskins Is a 72 a starting QB is that low. Adrian Peterson and Clinton Portis are low. Where is John Riggins probably the best rb to play for the Redskins. Y'all add so many cowboys players to make a legit team builder whiles the Redskins got a trash offensive line. Ridiculous
  • EA_Blueberry
    2287 posts EA Community Manager
    @Faedrt100

Dwayne Haskins Jr. will be coming to Color Smash tomorrow. B)

qdh9bwt4heja.png
  • PizzaPat23
    1 posts New member
    I wasn't awarded season 3 mut draft rewards. I was in the elite tier and had a two star ranking with a 12-1 record and two championships. Please help.
  • Really disappointed, to any gamer playing madden please like or comment on this. They said the only way things change is if enough people talk about it.

I am a ps4 user who recently bought and xbox X, I also signed up for a year of EA access. I downloaded madden and linked my EA account to the xbox. When I got in my team was a 61 instead of the 98 overall I have on ps4. And my coins and training at zero. Literally have a million coins and a little training but nothing switches over.

I asked if there is anything EA could do to help me out and they said no that it went against user fair play? Which makes no sense, I spent a ton of Money on this game, as I do every year but then I'm told even though I have all that on ps4 it cant come to xbox.

Its upsetting because I have bough EA access on both ps4 and xbox and tons of points on ps4. I feel like to be told post to the forums and hope for a change is a big slap in the face to a customer who's played mut since 2015 and I've spend several $1000 of $$$ each year.

I also feel like alot of EA games should be cross platform and u should have the team you paid for regardless of the system u log into.
    I told them I'd give up my team on ps4 if they would comp me until I got my team overall back to a 98. Something I already paid to do through the year on ps4.

I would personally like to See EA do more for there customer specially when they have spent the money already.

Madman_Mendez ps4

Madman816 xbox
  • Please fix the DOWNLOAD PROBLEM AGAIN!!!! Everyone is having issues where its saying you can't download because creator removed!! Please FIX THIS ISSUSE ONE AND FOR ALL
  • Really disappointed, to any gamer playing madden please like or comment on this. They said the only way things change is if enough people talk about it.

I am a ps4 user who recently bought and xbox X, I also signed up for a year of EA access. I downloaded madden and linked my EA account to the xbox. When I got in my team was a 61 instead of the 98 overall I have on ps4. And my coins and training at zero. Literally have a million coins and a little training but nothing switches over.

I asked if there is anything EA could do to help me out and they said no that it went against user fair play? Which makes no sense, I spent a ton of Money on this game, as I do every year but then I'm told even though I have all that on ps4 it cant come to xbox.

Its upsetting because I have bough EA access on both ps4 and xbox and tons of points on ps4. I feel like to be told post to the forums and hope for a change is a big slap in the face to a customer who's played mut since 2015 and I've spend several $1000 of $$$ each year.

I also feel like alot of EA games should be cross platform and u should have the team you paid for regardless of the system u log into.
    I told them I'd give up my team on ps4 if they would comp me until I got my team overall back to a 98. Something I already paid to do through the year on ps4.

I would personally like to See EA do more for there customer specially when they have spent the money already.

Madman_Mendez ps4

Madman816 xbox

Stop giving them your money.if you want change stop throwing away so much money on them. That’s the only time you will see real change otherwise they will just laugh all the way to the bank.
  • Can we bring back create a team like, seriously?
  • EA_Blueberry
    2287 posts EA Community Manager
    Really disappointed, to any gamer playing madden please like or comment on this. They said the only way things change is if enough people talk about it.

Madman_Mendez ps4

Madman816 xbox

The Madden franchise is currently not cross-platform and our Support teams can be limited on what they can do to assist player accounts. Your request to transfer your progress from PlayStation to Xbox is a technical limitation at the moment due to how information is saved from Sony and Microsoft for Madden. Hopefully in the future a lot of EA games will be cross-platform though, it seems like that's the way everything is going. We value that you join us every year since 2015 and spent a significant investment into MUT, however since the game is not cross-platform and each platform economy is different this is unfortunately not a request our Support team can make.

Since economies are different, transferring items from one to another can cause sudden disruption to the market. You might only have 10 of one item on Xbox One and 60 of one item on PlayStation. While I understand you want our staff to make a personal request based off your customer loyalty, we would need to honor this for all customers to be fair, but this goes back to the first point on how we technically are not possible to transfer progress over.

Thank you for taking time out to write your feedback to us on the forums.
  • Can anyone please help me out with a legends roster? I just learned about the downloadable content and all the legend rosters I couldn’t download.
  • ldhubbard
    3 posts New member
    Why are you not able to audible down to strong close or any other formation from gun split close in the san francisco playbook