EA Forums - Banner

Show a quick Bird's Eye Replay after each play

Coach_JohnMadden
150 posts Member
edited April 2020
Instead of the zoomed-in replay that you currently have after each play (which does nobody any good), replace it with a quick Bird's Eye Replay showing all 22 men on the field as this will give a more coordinator type of feel, and will allow the players to make wiser adjustments.

Replies

• Also, you should NOT show the play drawing that was picked, but instead show the the play drawing based on adjustments. For example, if someone changes the safety to a blitz or a CB to a different zone then reflect that in the post-play intel.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Also, you should NOT show the play drawing that was picked, but instead show the the play drawing based on adjustments. For example, if someone changes the safety to a blitz or a CB to a different zone then reflect that in the post-play intel.

That would be a nice quality of life addition. If they're constantly swapping out different players though I can't imagine it's something you can plan for unless it's shown pre-play when you have that short amount of time to pick your defensive play. If they continually swap out players for a position it's best to anticipate it going forward in the game. I'd find it more useful if it was pre-play but you'd need more time to pick your play since you'll also be making substitutions.
  • Coach_JohnMadden
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't referring to swapping out players, I was referring to manually changing assignments while on the field, example I change the Strong Safety from Inside Third zone to Inside Quarter zone, or I change the CB from Cloud Flat to Hard Flat. In such cases showing the offensive player the generic drawing in the post play would do no good but actually a disservice as it would be inaccurate, instead show the drawing based upon the adjustments....and vice versa, show the offensive drawing based upon Hot Route changes.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    @616rexfortis

Gotcha. Would be cool to see an actual animation of their play transitioning into the final version, then alternating back and forth between that. If you know what I mean.
  • @616rexfortis

Gotcha. Would be cool to see an actual animation of their play transitioning into the final version, then alternating back and forth between that. If you know what I mean.

yeah, that would be neat, and very useful.