EA Forums - Banner

I really hate the flawed execution of your HB Dive Plays (and other Run Plays)

Coach_JohnMadden
150 posts Member
edited April 2020
I really REALLY hate the flawed design of your HB Dive Plays. The WRs are already 5 yards downfield before the HB even takes 1 step forward (10 yards before HB gets to the line of scrimmage if he can even make it to the line of scrimmage). The HB is utterly frozen on the snap, then he takes this ridiculous backstep, and then finally when he gets the ball 2.5 seconds later the DL are already shedding blocks and often 2 to 3 unblocked defenders are already on the offense's side of the line of scrimmage. Why is it soooo delayed! Why should it take the HB 2.5 seconds before he even gets the ball on a dive play? A DIVE! It's stupid! It makes the play utterly useless severely diminishing the effectiveness of the entire formation.
Post edited by Coach_JohnMadden on

Replies

• Coach_JohnMadden
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    wow, even the FB dive is awfully flawed, how sad, very sad. You've got the QB doing a 270 degree spin before he hands the ball off to the FB, yet another delayed dive, unbelievable. All that is required is a 90 degree turn and BOOM the FB hits the line. I think maybe I should write a letter to John Madden - he would never design plays like this.
    Post edited by Coach_JohnMadden on
  • Coach_JohnMadden
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    ugh! I'm sitting here testing different runs and you've got Pitch runs where the HB once he receives the pitch he moves slow motion for the first 2.5 seconds as if he's stuck in a tar pit, what the heck man! jesus. Why do you hate the run so much, why have you nerfed it so badly? It's ridiculous.