EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 20 - Gridiron Notes: April Title update

Check out the Gridiron notes on our title update and share your feedback here

Madden NFL 20 Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 20 Title Update – April.

Prev1
NatureBoy2323
2568 posts Game Changer
edited April 18
bn64nfuudd7o.png

To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback.

Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us. We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 20. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations.

Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update:

Franchise Updates:

General stability improvements

Gameplay Updates:

Fixed an issue allowing defenders into the backfield unblocked with defensive formations such as Nickel 2-4-5 Odd.

Fixed an additional issue allowing the ‘Nasty Streak’ Superstar ability to be used on players out of position.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-20/news/gridiron-notes-title-update-april-04-08
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• Are you guys going to fix the issue with the Community Files? I don’t think everyone has deleted their rosters....... this has been an issue for quite a while. These are the types of reasons why ultimately EA will lose to 2K. Please fix.
  • EA_Blueberry
    2040 posts EA Community Manager
    Are you guys going to fix the issue with the Community Files? I don’t think everyone has deleted their rosters....... this has been an issue for quite a while. These are the types of reasons why ultimately EA will lose to 2K. Please fix.

@xRECxSnakeDoc

The team is aware of this and we have a topic in the forums on that here.
  • Are you guys are to ever let coached and owners edit the superstar abilities in franchise. It's kinda dumb that you have to be the player to change it. Jason Kelce is a zone run blocker but he has a power run ability. So I have to forcefully take change his dev trait until he gets the right abilities. That's just one player. You could save me and other franchise players a lot of time by just letting us edit the abilities as coaches and owners.
  • EA_Blueberry
    @koolkev258

I haven't heard of any plans for that to happen in a future update, sorry. :/
  • jblanch02
    1 posts New member
    SUPERSTAR KO NEEDS AN UPDATE.........A whole bunch of people still play this everyday and it’s had the same players on there for months now. The legends are okay in my opinion I mean those could always be updated too but the main problem is that the modern players are way off. Also the celebrities need to be updated or taken off too.

If could change it myself this is what I would do:

Take off Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, melvin Gordon, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothlisburger, cam newton .....
    And replace or add with Ezekiel Elliot, Josh Jacobs, Aaron Jones, Devante Adams, Tyreek hill, Chris godwin, Adam ThielenD Stefon Diggs, Mark Andrews, Zach Ertz, Kyler murray, deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott, Josh Allen.
    There’s quite a few defense players that need to be replaced or added too. Legends and modern players...
    Legends you could put on there:
    Calvin Johnson, Barry Sanders, Michael Irvin, emmitt smith, Shannon sharpe, Mike alstot, Darrell Revis, ronde barber... I mean the list is endless.

Please try and update this game mode, people will stay on this game until the day the new madden comes out if y’all just put in some effort to update stuff other than MUT.

Thanks
  • BEARD2FEAR
    1 posts New member
    Face of the franchise needs to be updated to where you can be drafted by all 32 teams now I understand that its only the teams that need a quarterback but the main team i want is the Steelers but i also want take all teams to the superbowl and btw the should be a trophy/achievement for that to thank you
  • when are yall planning on releasing Journey 4? I've completed Journey's 1-3. Also why is there no 98-99 OVR Ultimate Legend Sean Taylor or Randy Moss. Also how did y'all not even put a 98-99 Ultimate Legend Marshall Faulk
  • Hello my name is Colin and my bo jakson is not in my players item I pulled the 99 and my famly was hapy for me but he is gone and I really want him back my name is INSANEfeeble and please help me get my no jakson back I really need him
  • EA_Blueberry
    Hello my name is Colin and my bo jakson is not in my players item I pulled the 99 and my famly was hapy for me but he is gone and I really want him back my name is INSANEfeeble and please help me get my no jakson back I really need him

If you pulled a Bo Jackson Golden Ticket and it somehow disappeared please contact our Support team so they can verify whether you pulled a Bo Jackson or No Jackson.

Contact our Support team at Help.EA.com or EA Help on Twitter.
  • I am sorry I did not actually I did not mean to waste your time I feel bad you had to write that I just know he was my dads favorite player and I really want him I have spent so much time and money on this game at least 500 dollars has to be worth some sort of good player but anyway read this or don’t but I am sorry for lying It will never happen again if I spend 20 more dollars do you think you can help me out just a little I want to surprise my brother and he would be so happy I know you can’t but if you somehow out of all the comments read this it is my fault but I thought I had spent enough of my allowance that want to enjoy this madden and have enough for the next madden and if I spend my money now and don’t get the no jackson I will be sad and not have enough for madden 21 anyway thanks support team for your help but please respond if you can help me out at all thanks
  • EA_Blueberry
    @summerfield3

Your intentions sound like they were good and from the heart, I wish all but the best to your Madden Ultimate Team and thank you for being a dedicated fan. However, our staff is not able to grant items for requests like this that aren't earned as they were designed to be acquired via in-game. :/
  • For madden 21, you should be able to play connected with friends all on the same team, a lot of people would enjoy this
  • EA_Blueberry
    For madden 21, you should be able to play connected with friends all on the same team, a lot of people would enjoy this

Seen some others bring that up lately too. You can do that in Exhibition and MUT but I'm assuming you're referring to Franchise.
  • BARN30
    2 posts New member
    Yo can y’all release a mut update to which high overalls be on they new team cause like for instance...I noticed ha ha Clinton dix still ain’t considered a cowboy. Gerald McCoy is i know it was due to the promo but I’d just like to see power ups given to these newly acquired players by teams? cause it’s kind of messin wit my team chem and probably many other team specific Chen’s since ha ha is 95 And currently is with the cowboys yet I can’t put that chem in for him if we don’t get one I’ll just buy mays till we do just so I got a glitchy card that has no reason to be as good as it is Pete carrol did him dirty and he’s like better than earl thomas in the game which Pete picked over him but anyways sorry for the little rant. Team chem updates. thanks ea
  • BARN30
    2 posts New member
    I know y’all busy tho mad respect ps I ain’t switching up to 2k they got the nba franchise y’all got nfl that’s just facts anyone who switches up wit football games worse than Pete Carroll with mays lmao
  • EA_Blueberry
    @BARN30

The team will continue to monitor off-season trades for chemistry additions. Looks like this move took place recently and they've been doing them in server-side updates in batches with a group of players. No confirmation on a Cowboys chemistry being added but to set expectations on when they drop these aren't always done immediately after trades.

Thanks for the respect. Glad to have you as a fan.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f54e5fc7051bdeade52c94d15328bf38056df43a&rid=giphy.gif

Latest Chemistry Update:

• Fix the QB going through a full arm motion but doesn’t release the ball, he gets sacked!!! I am SO tired of the cpu doing this to me in franchise mode. I can see the blitz coming but no matter my QB just can’t let go of that ball, and I know I’m not the first to bring this up.
  • This used to be my favorite game, and now I waste my money every 3 or 4 years hoping it will be better, but it never is. I’m upset that they really only improve the graphics every year. I would rather the game look how it did 5-6 years ago if it meant that they spent more time improving the actual quality of the game. My MUT team is 89 OVR and every game I match up with somebody with all 98-99 OVR players. The animations don’t make any sense half of the time. Face masks get called 3-4 times a game in weird situations. If EA wasn’t the only company who made a football game, and didn’t have the name they got 20 years ago, Madden would have been discontinued. I hate saying all of this but I can’t even play 1 game without getting frustrated. Please fix this game.
  • pgjfarris03
    5 posts New member
    Man defense needs to be tuned better. Man is getting beat by routes too consistent. Even if my corner has 98 man they will still get beat too consistent on routes that shouldn't get open as often as they do. For M21 this needs to be addressed
  • lil_zonk23
    1 posts New member
    edited May 6
    Will you all ever address the freezing problem that we run into in h2h matches? It is a pain to play a full game your opponent freezes the game on you all because they can't take a loss. The best solution would be to take the option to add plays in a playbook away. Just do away with custom playbooks period. [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Blueberry on