EA Forums - Banner

Madden 21 Playbooks

Does anyone know if the playbooks will be the same for the teams in Madden 21 as in Madden ?

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    3942 posts EA Community Manager
    There's a massive deep dive on it here: https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/news/gridiron-notes-madden-nfl-21-playbooks-and-ai-gameplay-updates-07-14

To sum it up, you'll see a lot of plays in each team's playbook that you saw last year but some teams could have a lot more changes to their playbook like the Patriots as mentioned below. The team will continue to add new plays throughout the year based off real NFL performance.

This is an important takeaway from the deep dive:

For Madden NFL 21 we are increasing the amount of content we are delivering via Title Updates. As this feature evolves, it will increasingly become the way we add new playbook content to the game. We are already in the process of working on new playbook content that will bring even more variety and authenticity to our playbooks. One example of this is the New England Patriots. The Patriots recently signed QB Cam Newton and as a result, we incorporated more plays into the Patriots NFL Live Playbook to account for Newton’s unique skill-set, which is vastly different than their former QB, Tom Brady.
  • There's a massive deep dive on it here: https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/news/gridiron-notes-madden-nfl-21-playbooks-and-ai-gameplay-updates-07-14

To sum it up, you'll see a lot of plays in each team's playbook that you saw last year but some teams could have a lot more changes to their playbook like the Patriots as mentioned below. The team will continue to add new plays throughout the year based off real NFL performance.

For Madden NFL 21 we are increasing the amount of content we are delivering via Title Updates. As this feature evolves, it will increasingly become the way we add new playbook content to the game. We are already in the process of working on new playbook content that will bring even more variety and authenticity to our playbooks. One example of this is the New England Patriots. The Patriots recently signed QB Cam Newton and as a result, we incorporated more plays into the Patriots NFL Live Playbook to account for Newton’s unique skill-set, which is vastly different than their former QB, Tom Brady.
    There's a massive deep dive on it here: https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/news/gridiron-notes-madden-nfl-21-playbooks-and-ai-gameplay-updates-07-14

Are custom playbooks going to still be available, and will you be able to add "live" playbook plays this time around?
  • Thanks EA Blueberry! You’re replies are always insightful. You’ve no idea the respect I’ve for you and your overall input.
  • I hope the playbooks are different so I can use "my team playbook" and discover new money plays.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3942 posts EA Community Manager
    Custom playbooks should still be available.
  • Will you be able to add plays from "live" updates?
  • mateom24
    posts New member
    They need to put the Fake Jet Pass Power on Multiple formations not just doubles y off. They also should make it possible for us to change routes on PA jet passes
  • Why are plays missing? Like Singleback Ace Inside Cross? This has been a staple play of madden. I’ve used this play as far back as I can remember. Very disappointing it’s missing.
  • Singleback Ace inside cross has been removed too! Why? Makes no sense to remove plays.