EA Forums - Banner

Be Thankful for Madden, Be Positive!

Be Thankful for Madden

I a huge Madden fan, I’ve been playing Madden since 1995 I’ve seen the improvements to the game from graphics, game play and the overall system. Over the last few years I’ve read some horrible comments about EA developers and Clint Oldenburg. I think we should be thankful for the game we have today. What if they just pull the game off the shelves and we don’t have Madden at all. I think we need to just appreciate what they do and eliminate the negative comments and personal attacks. No game is perfect as we all know. Imagine if Madden was pulled, this would be atrocious to millions of Madden gamers. I truly believe we need to support these guys and trust the process. Let’s minimize the negative talk please. Who knows Madden 21 could be the best game ever.

Madden 21 can’t get here fast enough!

Madden Gamer 25 years!

Replies

• Yeah no
  • To each his own. I'm not going to tell anyone how to think. EA has gotten the benefit of my doubt time and time again, but they lost my trust. They did two things w/ Madden 21 that made me no longer trust them

1) The yard. Never mind the fact that no one asked for this mode. No one. Not a single person. They already cornered the sim market so they decided to cut corners on the actual market they cornered to deliver this nonsense. The nonsense that no one asked for.

2) "Classic Franchise." Because they invested limited resources on the nonsense no one wanted (have I mentioned that?) they neglected the mode that everyone wants to see improvement on. Not only did they do that, but they try to slip the name "classic franchise" as if that really meant something.

In a year where COVID will conveniently be used as an excuse for releasing an incomplete game, they had time for this yard nonsense. Now personally, I really do not care about mouth pieces and gear and all of that, but many gamers have been screaming for that for years. So EA, for whatever reason, decided they will limited the additional facial options and equipment to 'the yard.' So if you want the extra stuff, you are forced to play the mode.

That no one asked for.

• It’s the exact same game as last year with the exact same ppl loading their custom play book with the exact same cheesy plays to spam.
  • I hope the game keeps the yard game feature. I want to play the mode with college draft picks from past and present and have a user mvp system in it.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3942 posts EA Community Manager
    It’s the exact same game as last year with the exact same ppl loading their custom play book with the exact same cheesy plays to spam.

Which plays are you referring to? We can let the team know what is potentially being abuse so they can make adjustments throughout the season. If there are certain plays you're having trouble with those can always be great topics for our boards to chat about what strategies everyone uses to help shut those down. I've been there before where you want to put the controller down after a game where someone used stretch runs all day. Frustrating indeed.

@kennylc76

As for The Yard, the team did indeed receive a high amount of feedback from the community through social channels and surveys on adding a new game feature like The Yard. These forums and Madden's subreddit are more heavy in franchise fans, so I'm not sure if that is where you spend a good deal of your time outside of the game when you're discussing Madden, however across other channels the suggestions can vary.
  • It’s the exact same game as last year with the exact same ppl loading their custom play book with the exact same cheesy plays to spam.

Which plays are you referring to? We can let the team know what is potentially being abuse so they can make adjustments throughout the season. If there are certain plays you're having trouble with those can always be great topics for our boards to chat about what strategies everyone uses to help shut those down. I've been there before where you want to put the controller down after a game where someone used stretch runs all day. Frustrating indeed.

@kennylc76

As for The Yard, the team did indeed receive a high amount of feedback from the community through social channels and surveys on adding a new game feature like The Yard. These forums and Madden's subreddit are more heavy in franchise fans, so I'm not sure if that is where you spend a good deal of your time outside of the game when you're discussing Madden, however across other channels the suggestions can vary.

If that's the case, then wouldn't it make more sense... and maybe even be more profitable for EA... to make this its own individual game? This could be some kind of spring/summer game so that it is not in direct competition with Madden. Because it is its own individual game, you can invest resources into developing it without diverting resources from your already pool of limited resources.

As it stands right now, this one single video game has 1) CFM; 2) MUT; 3) Longshot; 4) The Yard. For years, EA pretty much said that the development timeline was pretty tight and that was just when it was CFM and MUT. They cannot adequately support each mode in one development cycle.
  • It's more profitable to invest in modes for the current game, of course modes that generate the real profit, not the Franchise mode.

It would be fair of them if they gave a little love to Franchise as it was the core of Madden, it is in sad shape after years of inattention.