EA Forums - Banner

Future Franchise Features Wishlist

2Next

Replies

• In short bring back everything that was available in madden 07 as far as franchise, blows my mind how much better the game was 10+ years ago besides graphics.

Hiring OCs/DCs, is a way better and realistic option then having the same pool of fired head coaches and made up people you cannot customize.

Better value system. For example Earl Thomas is a 90+ player on the field, but is unsigned for a reason. Bring back labels like franchise player, team distraction, bust etc in order to give CPUs better logic.

Position battles, seemingly every year in real life there's some established starter getting out played by someone unexpected

Madden is supposed to be the only simulation based NFL game out there, I wish you would focus more on realistic modes like franchise and less on modes like the yard, where 2k is probably going to out do you in.
  • Teammate grades mid game would be interesting to implement. Think about it like 2k based off how you play and what you do wrong your teammate grade goes up and down. With the abilities and X-Factors in the game this would be interesting to toy with.
    For example, if a player is doing terrible and he’s had been inconsistent with no good plays, his teammate grade should go down to a F and he shouldn’t be able to use his abilities. Now when u get to an A- perhaps you should have access to all your abilities and change the game. And since the X-Factors are kinda hard to get... when that said player gets a teammate grade of an A+ he should be on X-Factor no matter what. What do you guys think of this idea ??
  • JusCROP
    3 posts New member
    My big thing is editing abilities. You should be able to edit abilities as all user types (player,coach,owner) and not just as player. If I can change Tom Brady to 21 yrs old I should be able to change his abilities as well. They keep saying it's coming and it never does. It's already a feature in the game and just needs to be changed so not only 'player' players can use it. This should have been fixed in the last madden tbh.

Coordinators and coach ratings would be a really cool added dynamic. Each coordinator has skills that directly affect player ratings and rating improvements. A good "run-first" OC is going to boost run game ratings more than pass game. Things like that. This game has been around far too long to be lacking in this area considering the obvious effect coordinators have in football games. I feel like coordinators were a thing and now aren't anymore. What's up with that?

Remember when players retired and later showed up as coaches? Is that still a thing? Can I make the next Mike Vrabel?

The personality rating is dumb because it never changes. If I take a player to 5 pro bowls, he's going to be a big jersey seller compared to a 7th round rookie.
  • A1_Burman_ wrote: »
    There are some people who don’t care about Classic Franchise at all. There are some people who care about nothing other than Franchise mode. I am neither of those two types of people. I play every game mode, and I therefore believe that I am a fair spokesperson for what many Madden Franchise players want to be in the game in the future. I know there are some features that are already planned to be released in the coming months and years, but I am making this list specifically for EA to be able to use a reference for what we want. If I miss anything, add it to my list down below.

COACHING CAROUSEL:
    NCAA Football 14 did a good job at this. The ability to hire coordinators or position coaches that match your team’s existing scheme or introduce a new scheme would enhance the immersion and user experience greatly. These hired coaches could level up and give their teams boosts in ratings on the field in certain scenarios or overall.

CHEMISTRY:
    Team morale and chemistry is vital to a football team’s success. Why did a CPU controlled team sign Antonio Brown in every Franchise in Madden 20 when that hasn’t happened in real life? Behavior and locker room relationships. A “teammate grade” type system could be used as another player rating to consider. If a team is winning, everyone will likely be happy. But if a team loses a close game or a big injury happens, players with a lower teammate grade would lash out at others and get frustrated, bringing the team morale down. A new coach being signed could raise or lower team morale based on both team success and the teammate grade of individual players. Veterans players with high teammate grades can mentor younger players with high teammate grades, raising morale for both players. A star player who sees his numbers begin to slip while another player begins to succeed could encourage or discourage a team depending on his teammate grade. One small number attached to the end of every players’s ratings could immerse users greatly and give Franchise players a whole new part of building a team to consider. (In the distant future, relationships could come into play. This would essentially be a teammate grade but with certain players or coaches.)

PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION:
    Even outside of Franchise mode, we should be able to customize players with greater freedom, both visually and abilities-wise. Just because a WR or TE is known for being a threat in the red zone should not disqualify him from the other superstar abilities that are restricted to taking up that same slot. Players should be able to have more than two superstar abilities available to them, as elite players can excel in far more than two areas of their game. I should be able to give George Kittle Arm Bar (better stiff arms), Run Block Elite or some other blocking ability, and TE Apprentice if I want to. Additionally, there should be more visual customization options. More accessories can’t be too hard to add into the game, it’s just a matter of whether they’re prioritized or not. To an extent, I believe they should be. Let us have mouthpieces and multiple arm accessories. Even further, allow us to customize the faces and body types of players in the same way we can in Face of the Franchise. The technology is already in the game, just apply it to roster editing.

CREATE-A-TEAM:
    Users should be allowed to design a team from the ground up. Allow us to pick from a large group of major cities (the city name would be what announcers can be programmed to say at the beginning or end of a game or when big game moments happen like TDs or turnovers), design our own logo and color scheme (an idea would be the Call of Duty Black Ops emblem editor concept), choose our own uniform design from all existing NFL jersey designs and a few custom ones, design our own stadium’s major aspects, and choose our own team name (this name should be able to be typed by users, not chosen from a list of ten that only has basic names like Tigers or Sharks. It’s okay if announcers don’t say the team name because they can say the city name). I haven’t played NBA 2k in awhile, but in the last game I played, the custom team design was intricate and immersive. I felt like I was creating an actual team. I love that feeling. I will pay for that feeling in Madden without hesitation.

CUSTOM SCHEDULES:
    A certain percentages of games must be locked to divisional matchups, I understand that. But when I am playing an online franchise with my friends, I would like to be able to play against more than one of them each season. Give online (and offline) commissioners the ability to change schedules before the season.

SCOUTING OVERHAUL:
    This goes alongside the coaching carousel. Allow us to hire scouts and actually spend time slowly learning about specific players. Have us tell our scout to go check out a college player and have them report back the next week and say something along the lines of “Coach, this guy is a gem. His ability to create separation is spectacular.” if scouting a WR with elite route running ability. Or “This QB isn’t worth our time. He’s indecisive and throws way too many interceptions. Doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing bout there.” if a QB has low awareness. Or “This player has lots of raw talent and speed. If we can train his fundamentals for a couple years, he could be one of the best in the league.” about a player with raw talent who can be developed if he’s on a team with the right scheme and coaching.

I know this is a lot, but with how little effort has gone into Madden Franchise lately, it’s time to add some big features. Just pick one or two of these to add into the game each year and we’ll be satisfied. It’s time to stop taking a step in the right direction, and commit to large scale improvements from year to year. Thank you for your time.

Definitely need all of this. Especially Custom teams, with full customization, this is long overdue. Being able to hire special coaches like offensive and defensive coordinators would be neat to. A revamped scouting system would be interesting as well
  • Something really needs to be done about scouting and these crappy draft classes. My last franchise almost every prospect had 83 injury for some odd reason. And the fastest TE was a 4.67 And the rest ran in the 4.7-4.8 range. Hey, EA this isn't 1960 a lot of these TE can really move were talking high 4.4-4.5 range.
  • Certain features we shouldn't be able to edit in franchise mode. If I draft a left handed QB I shouldn't be able to change him to a right handed QB. When in life has that happened in the NFL? Also we should only be able to edit certain features like how the QB throws the ball. If he has a traditional 1 release we should only be able to change his release within traditional.
  • > @A1_Burman_ said:
    > There are some people who don’t care about Classic Franchise at all. There are some people who care about nothing other than Franchise mode. I am neither of those two types of people. I play every game mode, and I therefore believe that I am a fair spokesperson for what many Madden Franchise players want to be in the game in the future. I know there are some features that are already planned to be released in the coming months and years, but I am making this list specifically for EA to be able to use a reference for what we want. If I miss anything, add it to my list down below.
    >
    > COACHING CAROUSEL:
    > NCAA Football 14 did a good job at this. The ability to hire coordinators or position coaches that match your team’s existing scheme or introduce a new scheme would enhance the immersion and user experience greatly. These hired coaches could level up and give their teams boosts in ratings on the field in certain scenarios or overall.
    >
    > CHEMISTRY:
    > Team morale and chemistry is vital to a football team’s success. Why did a CPU controlled team sign Antonio Brown in every Franchise in Madden 20 when that hasn’t happened in real life? Behavior and locker room relationships. A “teammate grade” type system could be used as another player rating to consider. If a team is winning, everyone will likely be happy. But if a team loses a close game or a big injury happens, players with a lower teammate grade would lash out at others and get frustrated, bringing the team morale down. A new coach being signed could raise or lower team morale based on both team success and the teammate grade of individual players. Veterans players with high teammate grades can mentor younger players with high teammate grades, raising morale for both players. A star player who sees his numbers begin to slip while another player begins to succeed could encourage or discourage a team depending on his teammate grade. One small number attached to the end of every players’s ratings could immerse users greatly and give Franchise players a whole new part of building a team to consider. (In the distant future, relationships could come into play. This would essentially be a teammate grade but with certain players or coaches.)
    >
    > PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION:
    > Even outside of Franchise mode, we should be able to customize players with greater freedom, both visually and abilities-wise. Just because a WR or TE is known for being a threat in the red zone should not disqualify him from the other superstar abilities that are restricted to taking up that same slot. Players should be able to have more than two superstar abilities available to them, as elite players can excel in far more than two areas of their game. I should be able to give George Kittle Arm Bar (better stiff arms), Run Block Elite or some other blocking ability, and TE Apprentice if I want to. Additionally, there should be more visual customization options. More accessories can’t be too hard to add into the game, it’s just a matter of whether they’re prioritized or not. To an extent, I believe they should be. Let us have mouthpieces and multiple arm accessories. Even further, allow us to customize the faces and body types of players in the same way we can in Face of the Franchise. The technology is already in the game, just apply it to roster editing.
    >
    > CREATE-A-TEAM:
    > Users should be allowed to design a team from the ground up. Allow us to pick from a large group of major cities (the city name would be what announcers can be programmed to say at the beginning or end of a game or when big game moments happen like TDs or turnovers), design our own logo and color scheme (an idea would be the Call of Duty Black Ops emblem editor concept), choose our own uniform design from all existing NFL jersey designs and a few custom ones, design our own stadium’s major aspects, and choose our own team name (this name should be able to be typed by users, not chosen from a list of ten that only has basic names like Tigers or Sharks. It’s okay if announcers don’t say the team name because they can say the city name). I haven’t played NBA 2k in awhile, but in the last game I played, the custom team design was intricate and immersive. I felt like I was creating an actual team. I love that feeling. I will pay for that feeling in Madden without hesitation.
    >
    > CUSTOM SCHEDULES:
    > A certain percentages of games must be locked to divisional matchups, I understand that. But when I am playing an online franchise with my friends, I would like to be able to play against more than one of them each season. Give online (and offline) commissioners the ability to change schedules before the season.
    >
    > SCOUTING OVERHAUL:
    > This goes alongside the coaching carousel. Allow us to hire scouts and actually spend time slowly learning about specific players. Have us tell our scout to go check out a college player and have them report back the next week and say something along the lines of “Coach, this guy is a gem. His ability to create separation is spectacular.” if scouting a WR with elite route running ability. Or “This QB isn’t worth our time. He’s indecisive and throws way too many interceptions. Doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing bout there.” if a QB has low awareness. Or “This player has lots of raw talent and speed. If we can train his fundamentals for a couple years, he could be one of the best in the league.” about a player with raw talent who can be developed if he’s on a team with the right scheme and coaching.
    >
    > I know this is a lot, but with how little effort has gone into Madden Franchise lately, it’s time to add some big features. Just pick one or two of these to add into the game each year and we’ll be satisfied. It’s time to stop taking a step in the right direction, and commit to large scale improvements from year to year. Thank you for your time.

Very well thought out, I like all of this, EA lets get after it and take Franchise mode to a whole new level!
  • @EA_Blueberry please add players holdouts in franchise mode please thank you!
  • I would like to be able to start at the current week with the real life stats , but offline. I don’t play against humans , I like to control multiple teams , I also like to branch off from certain save modes , so Offline is certainly the way to go for me. I just want to start at week 10 if it’s the 10th week without fake trades and made up stats and injuries at the wrong length and imaginary injuries and that sort of thing.
  • Also , I’d like to say that your ability and insistence on ignoring the things we ask for then offering us something YOU WERE ALREADY DOING as some sort of placeholder is actually impressive. You take selective hearing to a whole new level. And trust and believe WE KNOW it’ll make you have to use a new game code instead of the one you’ve been reusing for multiple years , and we feel , since we’ve hung in there with your empty promises for multiple years , it’s not asking too much.
  • This comment will likely never be seen by any developers. but on top of all the great suggestions from everyone else has made, franchise desperately needs:

1) Much better information on cap. Why can't I see my cap numbers for seasons beyond the current one?

2) Somewhere we can see a constantly updating list of the upcoming free agents. Do I need to re-sign this player? Or can I decide to go after another player who is an impending FA?
  • Oh, and a few other things:

1) Why is it that my scouting and re-sign UI are not ALWAYS available to me? This is baffling. I should be able to see my scouting data and see who needs to be re-signed at ALL times during the season and offseason.

2) By the way, formation subs just straight up don't work

3) Being able to see the original owner of a draft pick when you made trades for picks would be very helpful. Just a (20XX Round X Pick Y (Original team) would suffice
  • You have to compete with nba 2k and their franchise. Madden is only a roster update.
  • 1. I wanna see some kind of live simulation for super sim! Kinda like 2k does for there super sim mode! I would also at least like to pick plays in super sim! Please! I just want a pass or run option. Maybe even a sub player option as well. Love franchise but sometimes I wanna play a little but simulate some. But want the option to act as head coach and still call plays just sped up!
  • 2k and MLB the show have way better super sim options than madden does! I know yall can make this happen!
  • Here are some things I would add.

Create a team: This is a definite must. It is in other games and I don't know why it hasn't been added to Madden, and some of the other games that don't have it. We need to be able to design our own teams. team names, logo, colors, uniforms etc. I would also like to be able to actually design your stadium (even just when renovating) like you can in the NHL games.

Hiring assistant coaching staff: I would really like the ability to hire asst. coaches like offensive and defensive coordinators, and maybe even special teams. New scout hiring system (See scouting section below)

New scouting system: I think we definitely need a new scouting system. I'm not exactly sure what it would look like, but maybe where you could send scouts on assignments to different parts of the country as well as other countries. For this system you would need the ability to hire several different scouts.

Other league rosters: I would really like to see the full roster of players, or at least the best players, from the other top leagues (CFL and XFL). I am not saying have the teams so you can play as them (although that would be nice), just the players, so you could use them in franchise mode. There is some crazy talent in the CFL and XFL (players move up to the NFL every year from the CFL). Side note to this; look up Bryan Burnham, he is very talented, I am not quite sure why he isn't in the NFL. Make sure you see his top catches from last season as well as the other ones throughout his career.

Interactions/discussions: Improve the interactions and discussions with players, and others. It would be nice for them to be in person rather than just text. This one isnt as important, just another thought.

• EA_Blueberry
    3605 posts EA Community Manager
    Here are some things I would add.

Create a team: This is a definite must. It is in other games and I don't know why it hasn't been added to Madden, and some of the other games that don't have it. We need to be able to design our own teams. team names, logo, colors, uniforms etc. I would also like to be able to actually design your stadium (even just when renovating) like you can in the NHL games.

Hiring assistant coaching staff: I would really like the ability to hire asst. coaches like offensive and defensive coordinators, and maybe even special teams. New scout hiring system (See scouting section below)

New scouting system: I think we definitely need a new scouting system. I'm not exactly sure what it would look like, but maybe where you could send scouts on assignments to different parts of the country as well as other countries. For this system you would need the ability to hire several different scouts.

Other league rosters: I would really like to see the full roster of players, or at least the best players, from the other top leagues (CFL and XFL). I am not saying have the teams so you can play as them (although that would be nice), just the players, so you could use them in franchise mode. There is some crazy talent in the CFL and XFL (players move up to the NFL every year from the CFL). Side note to this; look up Bryan Burnham, he is very talented, I am not quite sure why he isn't in the NFL. Make sure you see his top catches from last season as well as the other ones throughout his career.

Interactions/discussions: Improve the interactions and discussions with players, and others. It would be nice for them to be in person rather than just text. This one isnt as important, just another thought.

For Madden NFL 22 it is still very early. We are at the very beginning of the planning and pre-production of next year’s product. That said, we’ve been actively discussing some of the areas we’d like to focus on, stemming from your feedback and player engagement. Here are few of the areas, while not fully committed yet, we are exploring creatively:
    • Coaching and staff management
    • Scouting improvements
    • New scenario engine enhancements
    • New team chemistry system
    • Commissioner Tools improvements
    • MORE CONTENT - Examples: Relocation/Branding Assets for Franchise - New uniforms, names, and logos to relocation options for more variety and depth in deeper careers.

Source: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/260934/gridiron-notes-franchise-updates-coming-to-madden-21-22/p1
  • Here are some things I would add.

For Madden NFL 22 it is still very early. We are at the very beginning of the planning and pre-production of next year’s product. That said, we’ve been actively discussing some of the areas we’d like to focus on, stemming from your feedback and player engagement. Here are few of the areas, while not fully committed yet, we are exploring creatively:
    • Coaching and staff management
    • Scouting improvements
    • New scenario engine enhancements
    • New team chemistry system
    • Commissioner Tools improvements
    • MORE CONTENT - Examples: Relocation/Branding Assets for Franchise - New uniforms, names, and logos to relocation options for more variety and depth in deeper careers.

Source: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/260934/gridiron-notes-franchise-updates-coming-to-madden-21-22/p1

I think that all looks pretty good. Coaching and staff management like I said in my original post with the ability to hire offensive and defensive coordinators and also promote them to coach, would be great, so that would be pretty high on my list. Scouting improvements would be nice since the scouting system right now is not very good. The scenario engines can always get better so enhancements to that would be good. I don't think we really need new team chemistry system or commissioner tool enhancements so those would be lower on my list. The more content with relocating and branding, as well as new jerseys, teams and logos, looks good. But I would rather have the ability to fully customize your team like you can in NHL (logos, uniforms, colors, stadium, name etc.) instead of just being given preset logos, names, and uniforms. At the very least, if this is not something you can do for Madden 22, please give us the ability to mix and match helmets, pants, and jerseys of the uniforms to get better customization. So the relocation/branding assets, specifically full customization to team and uniforms would be number one on my list.
    I know I am only one person so you wont be making decisions based just on what I want, but I have seen a lot of feed back like mine, and I just want to give you my feedback to try and help you improve the game.

This would be the order of my list (1 being most important)
    1. Full customization to relocation teams (uniform, logo, colors, stadium etc.) like what you can do in NHL.
    2. Coaching and staff management
    3. New scenario engine enhancements
    4. scouting improvements
    5. new team chemistry system, and commissioner tool improvements (don't think this one is very important especially compared to other things).
    I would also love to see expanded rosters with XFL and CFL players. I realize full rosters of every CFL and XFL team may not be realistic (even though NHL and FIFA have all the pro leagues) so at least just the top players, or ones that tried out or had interest for NFL teams. This would be above new team chemistry and commissioner tool improvements for me.

Thankyou for your guys' interest in in our opinions, franchise and trying to improve it.