EA Forums - Banner

JADEVEON CLOWNEY!!!

Where is JADEVEON CLOWNEY?! This was the same issue last year with JAY AJAYI. When will they be added to the game?

Replies

• I was really looking forward to starting a Franchise with the Raiders and signing Jadeveon Clowney. Will he be added in the next roster update?
  • He's not the only one missing. I've noticed a couple rookies missing as well from FA, as well as them not even being a team, they r just missing. Nowhere in the game. Like how do u mess rosters up? That's the most important part of the game?!?
  • I’ve heard they don’t have the rights for them to be in the game
  • @DyeusVita The sad part is, that is something I could truly believe. But it's literally Madden, ALL current players r to be in the game.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    DyeusVita wrote: »
    I’ve heard they don’t have the rights for them to be in the game

This is the reason. He is currently a free agent. Once signed, the team should be able to add him to the game.
  • RyanW_3529
    112 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @EA_Blueberry It's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Shouldn't matter that he is a FA, he should already be part of the game. HE IS AN ACTIVE PLAYER!!! That is what Madden is about, re-enacting the real life situations of the league. If that were the case, we wouldn't have free agency PERIOD. They shouldn't even have the option to be in, they SHOULD be in.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    @RyanW_3529

EA is licensed to make this game from the NFL. This is beyond a decision on whether the team is choosing to put him in the game or not. Once signed, the team will be able to put him into the game as far as I'm aware.

I definitely want to see him in the game too, he's one of the best in recent times. Unfortunately, this is a waiting game but it wouldn't surprise me to see him signed soon with his talent level.
  • Serious question (I'm genuinely curious as to how this works): how is Clowney and his status different than any other unsigned player that made it into the game? Currently, there are quite a few free agents to choose from in this game, so why are all of these other players allowed to be featured and Clowney isn't? Do the others have a different arrangement with the NFLPA or EA?