EA Forums - Banner

X-Factors/Abilities

Just to make sure I'm not missing something, are we seriously still not able to customize X-Factors/abilities for players, or assign them to offline created players?

Replies

• So I ended up not buying Madden 20 because of some issues surrounding player customization, primarily that the X-Factor feature couldn't be edited on existing players, nor assigned to created ones. My question, is this feature still present in Madden 21, and if so, can it actually be edited in any way?
  • Abilities are being too much of a bail out than a way to reward for making the correct counter to the offense. For example running a curl and because the corner has shutdown and in a deep blue zone he will make the play even though that is not the right zone to play. Also man defense shading needs to be fixed so man defense can be a viable coverage to use especially for corners who don't have abilities.
  • @EA_Blueberry this is excellent news! Has a date been established on when we will see this change implemented?
  • The-Sporty-Hero
    835 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I think we should change Quarterback x factors with a visual qb modifier.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Hmm, X factor is, I am gonna check that, never really thought about editing it before. I am gonna' see if I can do that and get back to you.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    @CMK494

The first round of changes will come in mid-November.

@The-Sporty-Hero

They will also allow X-Factor and Superstar ability customization in Franchise.
  • Good to know, @EA_Blueberry. Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything, will the X-Factor customization be limited to Franchise Mode only, or will this feature also be customizable for the regular roster and created players?
  • So I have an idea for a new X-factor ability, It’s called Reach out (or stretch out names up in the air) and the ability is, when a player activates it The wide receiver/tight end that had the ability will get a bonus to their Vertical, diving catch, and spec catch. I’ve already come up with some players who could have this ability, D.K. Metcalf, D-Hop, and Mike Evans. Just thought I would post here to see what people think, and if enough people like the idea I’ll try to figure out how to send it to the devs
  • I think a headcoach hard count factor would also be good for franchise mode opportunities.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • The-Sporty-Hero
    835 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    If I could one more idea it would be a super team dynasty fan-factor celebrations. Please give me feedback on this. We can all build up a new scheme.
    Madden fan since 93.