EA Forums - Banner

Throwing deep, auto int?

Prev1
Hi I can’t seem to throw the deep ball without feeling like it’s coded as an int.

-1st the wr play the ball in the air poorly, even when usered.

2nd- the db makes amazing circus catches

3- balls are continually not thrown properly, usually underthrown

People like to play base defense & crowd the box leaving a safety or lb on a wr to stop the run, instead of run blitzing, which begs to go over top of them deep.

This is the #1 thing which ruins my immersion, 3-4/4-3 base defense against 3+ wr, as they simply don’t have the speed or personnel to actually match up with them, but in the game they are constantly bailed out by what seems like something hard coded in the game.

Replies

• (It’d be nice to see more dropped catches & more batted balls instead)
  • EA_Blueberry
    4191 posts EA Community Manager
    @DyeusVita

Can you throw us a recorded clip here so we can see what's happening?

It's a combination of timing the release, how long you hold down the receiver button, where you move your right-stick to lead the ball, whether your QB is stepping up into the pocket, QB's abilities, coverage, etc. It's really hard to go off a post with text because everything is so situational. It's entirely possible the throws your'e doing just won't work under the coverage they're using either.

I know you've been playing for a while since I recognize you here in the forums, so I don't doubt your skill. If you're able to throw in some clips we can at least figure out what could work differently to make some sort of exercise out of this.
  • Well, I'll say this much. In the history me playing against the AI in madden, I have very, very, very rarely been able to either throw a deep sideline pass or hit a receiver running, say, a post route in stride for a 50+ yard TD pass. Even with 99 speed/acc receivers against slower DBs.

What ultimately ends up happening is the pass always triggers the jump ball scenario. Even when using the thumbstick to lead a receiver up field against man coverage on a crossing pattern. What would have been a big pick up turns into a 5 yard completion because of the jump ball.
  • @EA_Blueberry im much better at defense but I’ll try to record it.
  • We was saying this stuff last madden too and nothing happened... I never seen a dB drop the ball yet in 21
  • if the defense is in cover 2, the ball tends to sail high.
  • DyeusVita
    353 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Mut weekend league 9/18/2020

Maybe it was because it was a touch pass?

But I saw DJ Moore even with a db who had outside leverage & the balls under-thrown. what should have been a big gain/td is intercepted by a high rated DB (Sherman) who makes a leaping turning catch & what can be assumed to be a full sprint.

@EA_Blueberry
  • DyeusVita
    353 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    So I had another one that said out of range so makes sense it was under thrown

But this one is more of a ? which is still relative, how can this guy adjust on the ball with his back to the qb?

The inside guy could have been open but with Lott in the middle I choose to go to the outside guy & with the back to the qb he perfectly drifts over to him.

Definitely not saying it’s an unnameable play but hard to understand how that play is made given what was animated
  • EA_Blueberry
    @DyeusVita

In the first clip the throw might have been more success with a little more touch on it with a bullet pass, but you can see you stepped back just before you threw. If you stepped up into the pocked and tossed the ball you would have had a better arch on the ball to land it into the receivers chest. It helps to lead the receiver to by moving your right stick to the left since the defender was on the right side of the WR.

For the 2nd clip, I think that was tough luck because Brown looked wide open on the right side but those routes can be deceiving sometimes. You'll need to throw the ball much earlier and make it a bullet pass every time. The slot receiver appeared open, the receiver on the crossing route was open, and the timing on the throw to your receiver was a tad late. I'd go into practice mode and put the defense on Cover 2 to practice the timing of those outside throws. I personally don't see a huge issue with the safety moving over to the outside seeing how much time the ball was in the air. The safety was trying to cover that zone rather than man to man.
  • Ok thanks @EA_Blueberry
  • I havent seen one positive post about this and they'll never do anything about it
  • Madden is awful I want my money back
  • @EA_Blueberry that is still not realistic even if it’s zone and even if he ushered the qb correctly those plays should still b made. Ever heard of players called Brett Farve and Patrick Mahomes ?? They make plans like that constantly and playing the game of football yea your supppsed yo guard a zone based off the play and formation of the offense and when a wr comes in there zone they play them like man until that man leaves their zone so both of your points on the game breaking over powered defensive backs that shouldn’t never make those plays and never make those plays in real life. Only players I seen ever make a crazy play like that was Ed reed and Sean Taylor not 80 overall average joes. Please fix it !!!
  • @EA_Blueberry
  • ericedub
    143 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    The ball trajectory is bad there is never enough arc on the pass. The DB's play the ball much better than the WR in Madden. We have no user control like past Madden's and the players are robotic. The QB ball speed is way to slow and needs to be sped up. Get rid of the animations and give users FULL user control. And why in snow or rain games the WR always slip and fall down on routes but defensive players never do? EA do u really test these games out before u release them? I hope u step your game up for PS5. Or will it be just better graphics but the same game.
  • Theres a easy way to fix it.. Just take away the button prompts and code the game like it used to be and give us full control of the receiver the sec and I meen the second we throw the ball. Thats how madden was for 16 years. You guys changed it because you couldnt code the swerve glitch. Which used to be called the wide receiver glitch. In all my games of playing madden 1000s. Of games online. There was only 1 guy who did it. You guys let the 1 percent ruin the pass game. Madden used to be a game of skill. Stick skills. Now its just a button prop mess. Of d.d.a we are playing Dragon slayer in the arcade. Wise up. 9 time city champ. Top 100 10 years plus. Name qslant
    Now I just collect cards. Thks cheaters
  • O and another thing. You guys took away the double juke. And replaced it with juke box lol. 1000 traing plus wow. I'm gonna go play 10 yard fight

• I just don’t get it. Single coverage, he’s beat yet he toe taps a jumping over the shoulder int. How does a lob pass not have enough air to get over this guy?

Almost every time I try to go deep it’s picked off.
  • ericedub
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The DB man coverage is ridiculous. I can't even get separation with my slot WR being covered by a linebacker. Cant throw deep, can't throw corner routes, out routes, or comeback routes in this game. Its all routes in the middle of the field slants, crossing routes, and post routes. The DB's make up so much ground with this last minute turbo speed burst smh.
  • EA_Blueberry
    ericedub wrote: »
    The DB man coverage is ridiculous. I can't even get separation with my slot WR being covered by a linebacker. Cant throw deep, can't throw corner routes, out routes, or comeback routes in this game. Its all routes in the middle of the field slants, crossing routes, and post routes. The DB's make up so much ground with this last minute turbo speed burst smh.

In tomorrow's update the team is making changes to Bench Press (no longer apply fatigue penalities to running plays; reduced overall amount of fatigue impact a receiver gets in man coverage)