EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone else think the competitive match making is wrong

I did really well at the beginning of the year i made it to legends league with ease but now i think that has really messed up my ELO or competitive rating. I can barely go .5000 like the game has lost all fun. Get good i suck all things aside i really think it needs adjusted or there is some kind of issue.

Replies

• I really still do not understand the match-making algorythm. I played against the 1st and 3rd ranked players in H2H rankings (on PC) within 3 games in a row. and I neither do often play H2H nor do I have a really good W-L ratio that would reason why I was matched against these highly ranked players.

anyhow, I assume it was less difficult to win at the beginning of the year since other players did not know the money plays. it is so weired that so many players are using these glitchy plays or formations in MUT-H2H. that's why I do not like H2H in MUT at all, in particular if my 85 OVR theme team faces a fully overpowered opponent...

summarising: from my perspective the issue you @Dabrowns69 mention is called Youtube and Twitch...
  • Yes lets look into keeping the youtubers from playing us casual players who just like to play to have fun. I mean for god’s sake its not that hard to adjust match making. The game is not fun when guys run stretch with the LTD Bo Jackson all game, or 30 seconds after a new player drops in the game the next opponent has them in their line up.
  • TheRebel31 wrote: »
    Yes lets look into keeping the youtubers from playing us casual players who just like to play to have fun. I mean for god’s sake its not that hard to adjust match making. The game is not fun when guys run stretch with the LTD Bo Jackson all game, or 30 seconds after a new player drops in the game the next opponent has them in their line up.

fully agree
  • Neo_Novalis
    188 posts Member
    edited October 5
    match making is ... at least I do not understand why I got the top and third ranked players (in H2H seasons ranking) within 3 games, and the next time I get a 61 OVR....

it is so rare that an H2H match results in a balanced game that is fun to play. I would really appreciate it if there was at least one mode that is both challenging and fun. therefore, maybe H2H season is the only fun mode: but it is only fun, if you give up immediately if you face a better opponent because a weaker opponent will do so too. that sounds like real fun! (not sure why I'm always so sarcastic after playing some H2H duells...)
    Post edited by Neo_Novalis on
  • Neo_Novalis
    188 posts Member
    edited October 5
    after I faced the player leading the H2H seasons ranking (on PC), I was interested in the number of unique plays he is using: 3 on offense, 2 on defense. really??? I'm really wondering why there exist different playbooks in MUT if the only thing you need to get on top of the leaderboard are just 3 offensive and 2 defensive plays...

the good thing is: everybody can find them easily. just watch twitch or youtube.... (still not sure why I'm always so sarcastic after playing some H2H duells...)

and if I ask myself why I still play this game? ... in principle I just love this game, in particular the combination of playing and collecting ... and I hate it because this game could offer so much fun, but it is not there ...
  • I am the same way, I get so frustrated with how the game is ran, and it has the potential to be so great, but they drop the ball on numerous occasions and they never meet the communities needs until things get really bad.
  • I'm never pro for splitting playerbases (it historically killed Titanfall/Battlefield franchise games way too early after release) but given EA introduced the yard this year to do exactly that, for next year's M22 i'd like to be able able to sign up to a NMS MUT weekend league and H2H version of the game for the entire season please?
  • Neo_Novalis
    188 posts Member
    edited October 11
    @DJ_Englishman fully agree and really like the idea!

match-making is just so weired. why else do I get a fully upgraded lineup (incl. a good user in the worst case ;) ) in one game and a newcomer in the next game. and you cannot even concede a game if you already used your one "go to menu"-chance (this is really annoying sometimes).

I would be willing to pay twice as much for the game (onetime) if there was a version where all the packs could be obtained without real cash (just by playing). and since I'm not willing to purchase packs with cash anymore, it would be therefore twice the money EA could get from me.

• the worst thing of the bad H2H matchmaking: since newbies are frequently matched up with fully upgraded players, how could you expect them to play H2H again? if you always face completely unsolvable tasks, you will quickly let it go again...
  • True, I was a noob last year and enjoyment of WL and H2H was 2/10, :( very little fun with few non-laggy-similar-OVR-as-me matches. Towards the end of season SB with a high OVR, you get mm against the reduced price game lowest OVR Madden noobs which is just as dull :disappointed: without any challenge at all.

I appreciate the 'arms race' concept, but no geographical mm or seemingly balanced ELO is :s already reminding why I told myself last year not to get M21. But I caved :sweat_smile: Perhaps the smaller pc playerbase is to blame and so the ELO curve needs a massive tweak just for pc?
  • Yes @Neo_Novalis the one pause per half is :s Once to view the opponent roster for enjoyment and scouting, and then unable to formally concede lagfests for ages - logic? :anguished:

Plus I've already had 3 mm games lock at half time whistle with neither player able to quit!

(This weekend I intended to do all 13 solo's due to consecutive lagfest WL matches, but game 7 froze at half time and its locked me out of the remainder :smile: )

Today, 11/10/20, M21 is 1/10 fun factor :(
  • If skill based match making doesn’t make the online experience better than what will? Anytime I ever win 2 games in a row, I get matched with a god squad. You can play and have good games with teams that are similar in ranking. Now you a player can’t complain about anything really and now you have to be skillful at the game and not rely on your players to bail you out all the time. Something has to change, and if it killed other games which are totally different by the way in battle royale games and first person shooters etc, why not try it and see if it works. I bet more people will enjoy the game.