EA Forums - Banner

Series 3 Update Details

Prev1
EA_KRAELO
157 posts EA Madden Community Team
edited November 2020
Hey Madden Ultimate Team Community,

The Series 3 Update is targeted to be released on Friday, November 6th. If anything changes, we will make sure to let players know.

On Friday, November 6th, your current Series 2 trophies will automatically convert to Series 3 trophies. The conversion value for a previous Series program to a new Series program is half. For example, if you have 100 Series 2 trophies, then they will convert to 50 Series 3 trophies when the new Series Update launches.

Also, on Friday, November 6th, new Series Redux players will be released. These are LTD player items that were in the previous Series that will now be available in packs as non-LTDs. The key changes you will see on the non-LTD player items are as follows:
  • The player item artwork will have a different border and stamp, and the LTD icon will be removed
  • The player item will no longer quicksell for 250,000 coins but quicksell for the appropriate amount of training based on the player items Overall (OVR)

Please note that existing LTD player items in Series 2 will remain unchanged, including their quicksell value. Only the new, non-LTD versions of these player items being introduced in packs as part of the Series 3 update will not quicksell for coins, as they are not LTD in nature.

The following list of LTD player items after Series 2 launched will be available in packs at the start of the Series 3 update:

Team of the Week
  • Mark Andrews
  • J.J. Watt
  • A.J. Green
  • Chris Harris Jr
  • Stefon Diggs
  • Joey Bosa

Legends
  • Reggie Wayne
  • Lawrence Taylor
  • Michael Vick
  • Deion Sanders
  • Kevin Mawae
  • Mean Joe Greene
  • Steve Smith Sr.
  • Rickey Jackson
  • Edgerrin James
  • Deacon Jones
  • Joe Montana
  • John Randle

Limited Editions
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Denzel Ward
  • Dalvin Cook
  • Kawann Short
  • Amari Cooper
  • Micah Hyde
  • Darren Waller
  • Avery Williamson
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Vita Vea
  • Ryan Ramczyk
  • Marlon Humphrey

Ultimate Kickoff

• Jamal Adams

Most Feared
  • Khalil Mack

Again, if anything changes on the date of when the Series 3 update releases, we will let players know.

Oh, one more thing! So that players can take advantage of the new Series Redux players in packs, the Monthly Weekend League Rewards for the month of October has been moved from Thursday, November 5th to Friday, November 6th!

- The Madden Ultimate Team
Post edited by EA_KRAELO on

Replies

• Can you please let us know if the 50 will be 93s?
  • No level increase?
  • The 50s will most likely switch to 93s next week when "First Team" comes out.
  • When will recently traded players who have a power up have their new teams added for chemistry purposes? Yannick Ngakoue for example
  • EA_KRAELO
    RAM813 wrote: »
    No level increase?

We will be sharing more details on the Series 3 Program later on the week closer to launch. More than likely sometime on Thursday - TBD if in the AM during the GMM Livestream or in the afternoon/evening. Just depends once content is available to share with the community.
  • EA_KRAELO
    edited November 2020
    When will recently traded players who have a power up have their new teams added for chemistry purposes? Yannick Ngakoue for example

Once the player has officially played a game on the NFL Team per Pro Football Reference, the Madden Live Service Team will work on upgrading his Power Up with the proper team chemistry. Usually this occurs around the TOTW timeframe if they played a game on that specific NFL Team.
  • I hope they bring back the old xp system or at least some double xp weekends. Not everyone is trying to grind max levels on the first day. I know a few people that are just hitting level 50.
  • What happens to Most Feared cards after the promo is over? Does the quick sell value become training? What do leftover treats become?
  • [quote="EA_KRAELO;c-2165577"][quote="WhamBamKillaKam;c-2165436"]When will recently traded players who have a power up have their new teams added for chemistry purposes? Yannick Ngakoue for example[/quote]

Once the player has officially played [b]a game[/b] on the NFL Team per Pro Football Reference, the Madden Live Service Team will work on upgrading his Power Up with the proper team chemistry. Usually this occurs around the TOTW timeframe if they played a game on that specific NFL Team. [/quote]

Can you explain why there is no Jadeveon Clowney card then? He has played plenty of games with the Titans.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4436 posts EA Community Manager
    bc7q0mzlk3tw.png
  • So what's up with the Treats currency when Most Feared ends then?
  • [quote="EA_KRAELO;d-265416"]Hey Madden Ultimate Team Community,

The Series 3 Update is targeted to be released on [b]Friday, November 6th.[/b] If anything changes, we will make sure to let players know.

On [b]Friday, November 6th[/b], your current Series 2 trophies will automatically convert to Series 3 trophies. The conversion value for a previous Series program to a new Series program is [b]half[/b]. For example, if you have 100 Series 2 trophies, then they will convert to 50 Series 3 trophies when the new Series Update launches.

Also, on Friday, November 6th, new Series Redux players will be released. These are LTD player items that were in the previous Series that will now be available in packs as non-LTDs. The key changes you will see on the non-LTD player items are as follows:

[list]
    [*] The player item artwork will have a different border and stamp, and the LTD icon will be removed
    [*] The player item will no longer quicksell for 250,000 coins but quicksell for the appropriate amount of training based on the player items Overall (OVR)
    [/list]

Please note that existing LTD player items in Series 2 will remain unchanged, including their quicksell value. Only the new, non-LTD versions of these player items being introduced in packs as part of the Series 3 update will not quicksell for coins, as they are not LTD in nature.

The following list of LTD player items after Series 2 launched will be available in packs at the start of the Series 3 update:

[b]Team of the Week[/b]

[list]
    [*] Mark Andrews
    [*] J.J. Watt
    [*] A.J. Green
    [*] Chris Harris Jr
    [*] Stefon Diggs
    [*] Joey Bosa
    [/list]

[b]Legends[/b]

[list]
    [*] Reggie Wayne
    [*] Lawrence Taylor
    [*] Michael Vick
    [*] Deion Sanders
    [*] Kevin Mawae
    [*] Mean Joe Greene
    [*] Steve Smith Sr.
    [*] Rickey Jackson
    [*] Edgerrin James
    [*] Deacon Jones
    [*] Joe Montana
    [*] John Randle
    [/list]

[b]Limited Editions[/b]

[list]
    [*] Aaron Rodgers
    [*] Denzel Ward
    [*] Dalvin Cook
    [*] Kawann Short
    [*] Amari Cooper
    [*] Micah Hyde
    [*] Darren Waller
    [*] Avery Williamson
    [*] Matthew Stafford
    [*] Vita Vea
    [*] Ryan Ramczyk
    [*] Marlon Humphrey
    [/list]
    [b]
    Ultimate Kickoff[/b]

[list]
    [*] Jamal Adams
    [/list]

[b]Most Feared[/b]
    [list]
    [*] Khalil Mack
    [/list]

Again, if anything changes on the date of when the Series 3 update releases, we will let players know.

[b]Oh, one more thing! So that players can take advantage of the new Series Redux players in packs, the Monthly Weekend League Rewards for the month of October has been moved from Thursday, November 5th to Friday, November 6th![/b]

- The Madden Ultimate Team [/quote]

[quote="EA_KRAELO;d-265416"]Hey Madden Ultimate Team Community,

The Series 3 Update is targeted to be released on [b]Friday, November 6th.[/b] If anything changes, we will make sure to let players know.

On [b]Friday, November 6th[/b], your current Series 2 trophies will automatically convert to Series 3 trophies. The conversion value for a previous Series program to a new Series program is [b]half[/b]. For example, if you have 100 Series 2 trophies, then they will convert to 50 Series 3 trophies when the new Series Update launches.

[list]
    [*] The player item artwork will have a different border and stamp, and the LTD icon will be removed
    [*] The player item will no longer quicksell for 250,000 coins but quicksell for the appropriate amount of training based on the player items Overall (OVR)
    [/list]

[b]Team of the Week[/b]

[list]
    [*] Mark Andrews
    [*] J.J. Watt
    [*] A.J. Green
    [*] Chris Harris Jr
    [*] Stefon Diggs
    [*] Joey Bosa
    [/list]

[b]Legends[/b]

[list]
    [*] Reggie Wayne
    [*] Lawrence Taylor
    [*] Michael Vick
    [*] Deion Sanders
    [*] Kevin Mawae
    [*] Mean Joe Greene
    [*] Steve Smith Sr.
    [*] Rickey Jackson
    [*] Edgerrin James
    [*] Deacon Jones
    [*] Joe Montana
    [*] John Randle
    [/list]

[b]Limited Editions[/b]

[list]
    [*] Aaron Rodgers
    [*] Denzel Ward
    [*] Dalvin Cook
    [*] Kawann Short
    [*] Amari Cooper
    [*] Micah Hyde
    [*] Darren Waller
    [*] Avery Williamson
    [*] Matthew Stafford
    [*] Vita Vea
    [*] Ryan Ramczyk
    [*] Marlon Humphrey
    [/list]
    [b]
    Ultimate Kickoff[/b]

[list]
    [*] Jamal Adams
    [/list]

[b]Most Feared[/b]
    [list]
    [*] Khalil Mack
    [/list]

[b]Oh, one more thing! So that players can take advantage of the new Series Redux players in packs, the Monthly Weekend League Rewards for the month of October has been moved from Thursday, November 5th to Friday, November 6th![/b]

- The Madden Ultimate Team [/quote]
  • [quote="EA_KRAELO;c-2165577"][quote="WhamBamKillaKam;c-2165436"]When will recently traded players who have a power up have their new teams added for chemistry purposes? Yannick Ngakoue for example[/quote]

Once the player has officially played [b]a game[/b] on the NFL Team per Pro Football Reference, the Madden Live Service Team will work on upgrading his Power Up with the proper team chemistry. Usually this occurs around the TOTW timeframe if they played a game on that specific NFL Team. [/quote]

[quote="EA_KRAELO;c-2165577"][quote="WhamBamKillaKam;c-2165436"]When will recently traded players who have a power up have their new teams added for chemistry purposes? Yannick Ngakoue for example[/quote]

Team of the week already dropped when will yannick ngakoue get his new Baltimore ravens team chemistry?
  • Noe1k
    1 posts New member
    hey kraelo any reason as to why i havent received my free derwin pack ? ive been logging on everyday since you guys nade that tweet about it
  • EA_Blueberry
    Noe1k wrote: »
    hey kraelo any reason as to why i havent received my free derwin pack ? ive been logging on everyday since you guys nade that tweet about it

@Noe1k

Have you checked your binder to see if it was already added there?

If you're missing it, please contact our Support team so they can pull up your account to help you out with this.

EA Help on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Live-Support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  • Most solos for promos are usually there all year, but this year EA decided to delete the Most Feared solos. I don’t like this. I’m 43 and work full time and didn’t have time to complete. I don’t care about the Stein solos and agree those should be gone, but man the solos for the main promo should still be there. Please reconsider these solos and bring them back so people have stuff to do. I don’t play online at all and do mainly solos. Someone who has spent $3k on packs and love the game shouldn’t be condemned because we work jobs that take up most to all of the week. If this is how I will be treated then I will need to reassess my decisions on spending anymore money with EA.
  • I hope they bring back the old xp system or at least some double xp weekends. Not everyone is trying to grind max levels on the first day. I know a few people that are just hitting level 50.

I think the folks at EA should really look into this. I never understood ther reason behind decreasing the amount of Xp that is rewarded during solo challenges or even games itself. Too many players quit out of games and you literally only get 80xp at the most after playing a full quarter. A lot of players don’t have the time to grind solos over and over again to reach max Mut level. We have to figure a middle ground where we get a decent amount of xp doing solos or playing H2H matches to reach max level faster.

For me personally, I am only on Mut level 58 and have been behind ever since the game came out. I don’t have the time to even catch up. Why can’t we have a double xp weekend or somehthing so we can at least catch up during each series even if its just one or two chances at double xp. That would help a lot of the community to at least have this opportunity. Something to think about for the future.
  • RAM813 wrote: »
    Most solos for promos are usually there all year, but this year EA decided to delete the Most Feared solos. I don’t like this. I’m 43 and work full time and didn’t have time to complete. I don’t care about the Stein solos and agree those should be gone, but man the solos for the main promo should still be there. Please reconsider these solos and bring them back so people have stuff to do. I don’t play online at all and do mainly solos. Someone who has spent $3k on packs and love the game shouldn’t be condemned because we work jobs that take up most to all of the week. If this is how I will be treated then I will need to reassess my decisions on spending anymore money with EA.

I fully agree with your @RAM813 point that there should be much more flexibility for players to play when they find time to do so. I also do not like to play H2H (for several reasons) and just do it to collect some trophies for Coach Madden (while I'm not sure at all whether Coach Madden is worth all the trophies since the value of his chemistry bonus is so much lower in M21 as it was e.g. in M20).

In order to allow players to play whenever they want (or have time to do so) I would really appreciate it if ...
    • there was a Solo mode to be repeated as often as you want. I'd go for a MUT Solo Season mode in order to ensure this (I wrote a lot of thoughts on this here: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/262853/mut-solo-season-mode-is-an-absolute-must-have#latest and would really appreciate it if other players would share their thoughts on this idea!).
    • Solo Battles are redesigned. I'd go for a shorter (instead of a full week of 13 games I'd prefer two Solo Battle games per day which are rewarded independently from each other (without any leaderboards)) but are a really challenging event. I'd love it if the Solo Battle would just about winning the game against (1) one of the strongest lineups available and (2) against a mediocre one (in order to verify that every player has a challenge that fits his/her skills and lineup OVR. moreover, I think it would be great if rewards do not depend on a long event of 13 games which makes it much more difficult for players who do not have enough time to play for 6-7 hours a week. @RAM813 would be a very good example for this type of players, I'd assume. I wrote a lot of thoughts about Solo Battles and how to improve them here: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/263334/solo-battles-feedback#latest again, I would really love to hear the opinions from other players!
    • if H2H games are shorter and the amount of wins to gain rewards is lower (such as it was in the Most Feared House Rules event). in addition, rewards should not depend on whether players are able to win a lot of game in a row (as it is in H2H seasons => promotion and demotion). this would reduce the frustration with bad matchmaking and I'm pretty sure that more players would participate in such events because the fruits do not hang so high (i.e. too high for many players who just want to have fun). again, I wrote my thoughts about this also in this forum: https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/265546/house-rules-feedback#latest if you are interested, I'd love to here your feedback!
  • EA_Blueberry
    When will recently traded players who have a power up have their new teams added for chemistry purposes? Yannick Ngakoue for example

Yannick should have the chemistry on his Power Up now. These are the updates from today's live-stream.

r9v9jpcgfu4h.png