EA Forums - Banner

Madden NFL 21 Sign In Issue Update & Workaround

Prev13
EA_KRAELO
157 posts EA Madden Community Team
Hey Madden Community,

We have observed an issue where players were getting locked out of signing into Madden NFL 21. We have corrected the root cause, but because affected players are unable to sign in, not all players can get online to get the fix.

Below are some workarounds per platform to address this issue. Our teams are currently working on an Emergency Title Update as soon as possible to correct all impacted players.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

- The Madden Team

Xbox One
  • Close the Madden NFL 21 application from the Xbox One Dashboard
  • Select Options > Manage Game and Addons for Madden
  • Navigate to “Saved Data”
  • Navigate to “Reserved space”
    • File should be roughly 4GB
  • Select options for that file
  • Select clear reserved space
    • Confirm the action by selecting CLEAR RESERVED SPACE
  • Restart your Xbox One
  • Launch Madden NFL 21

PS4
  • Close the Madden NFL 21 application
  • Select Options on Madden NFL 21
  • Navigate to “Delete”
    • Confirm deletion
  • Insert your Madden NFL 21 disc, and launch OR Reinstall the game from the Playstation Store if purchased digitally
  • Install Madden NFL 21
  • Once fully updated, launch Madden NFL 21

PC
  • Close the Madden NFL 21 application
    • Wait for it to close completely
  • Navigate to this file directory
    • C:\ProgramData\Frostbite\Madden NFL 21\LCU
  • Delete the LCU folder
    • Right click the folder and select Delete
  • Restart your system
  • Launch Madden NFL 21

Replies

• Where do I find this file directory on PC?
  • mastdog
    1 posts New member
    Won't this erase my playbboks etc
  • Why can't you just revert the patch? Make-rights???? This is a series change day, you know how many people got screwed over because you have proven once again that you guys can't fix anything without breaking something else? Incompetence at it's finest.
  • how do i find that on pc
  • > @11philly86 said:
    > Where do I find this file directory on PC?
    > For me, all I did to find it was copy "C:\ProgramData\Frostbite\Madden NFL 21\LCU" then paste it into the windows search bar in the bottom left, this took me to the dile.
  • > @kvbolling48 said:
    > > @11philly86 said:
    > > Where do I find this file directory on PC?
    > > For me, all I did to find it was copy "C:\ProgramData\Frostbite\Madden NFL 21\LCU" then paste it into the windows search bar in the bottom left, this took me to the dile.
    >
    >

Thank you! It's finally working!
  • I'm not sure how to find it either. I tried using the "Search Quick Access" feature in files, but I got nothing. I searched in all the hard drives on my computer and nothing came up either, could there be another way?
  • > @kvbolling48 said:
    > > @11philly86 said:
    > > Where do I find this file directory on PC?
    > > For me, all I did to find it was copy "C:\ProgramData\Frostbite\Madden NFL 21\LCU" then paste it into the windows search bar in the bottom left, this took me to the dile.
    >
    >

i cant find it when i do that. i changed the C to a D for my harddrive and still cant find it
  • Reinstallation on PS4 is working for one logging in. After that the same issue occurs
  • Will this delete any of our local files?
  • I now just get stuck on the loading screen
  • Good idea, I think I will delete the game and not reinstall it, or ever buy another Madden title again.
  • You mean @CaptPetrenko we can waste over an hour deleting/installing and it STILL not work??? Lovely...
  • found folder but dont know what to delete
  • I lost 5 straight games due to disconnect. After deleting my reserved space my connection to Madden EA servers has been unstable. I've isolated it to Madden by playing other H2H games with no issue. Any suggestions?
  • It keeps saying that there is a error in the application so what do I do
  • Im on a PS4, I tried your work-around several times, restarting after deleting/installing, deleted game files from storage. Still wont launch. Just says
    "an error occurred".
    ...and nothing more. No other options, and the icon has an "x" at the bottom after that.

Last time I bought madden was probably 08. My 13 and 14 year old sons said it wss time, so I bought this one. Was great, entertaining...for two days.

So, what now
  • This is not a proper solution for the PS4. I know this, the community knows this, and sadly the developers and employees of EA know this as well!
  • It’s been 24 hours and I haven’t been able to play Madden online, This is attention so it appears his servers are currently down.. It’s literally been a full day what’s going on??
    Sikface206
  • It’s still down ?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.