EA Forums - Banner

Autumn Blast Cards

Not sure how this works. I've completed all the challenges and have a bunch of cards that I can't open. I have cranberry, sugar etc. etc. but when I open a pack and select cranberries or whatever it just takes me back to the previous menu and I have to choose again. Nothing seems to happen and of course I can't get my 92 OVR player.

Replies

• Edit: I have all the recipes and got the player for them.
  • Edit: and I can't believe I'm spending a Saturday afternoon trying to figure out recipes and packs instead of playing Madden 21. What does recipes and sugar and potatoes have to do with football? I understand there are kids that play this game but this pretty stupid.
  • Edit: I found another post with the answer. Lots of people having issues with this. -(
  • Fatback345 wrote: »
    Edit: and I can't believe I'm spending a Saturday afternoon trying to figure out recipes and packs instead of playing Madden 21. What does recipes and sugar and potatoes have to do with football? I understand there are kids that play this game but this pretty stupid.

I agree with you that this promo fully missed the topic (or at least these ingredients packs). it might have been a nice gimmick if it was well communicated what these packs are all about and everything else in the game was well designed. but it was really a bit much to swallow when having in mind all these bugs that occur EVERY SINGLE WEEK (e.g. Solo Battle DNFs, disconnect glitches in H2H, login-issues during events, etc. etc.):
    • no information anywhere about how to use these packs
    • weired Solo Challenges with kids who never catch a pass (and one did not have to press a single key to complete some of the challenges just because the AI QB throws incompletion after incompletion till the drive is over. by the way, the passing mechanics with dwarves, gnomes, elves, kids... or whatever, ... did not work in Most Feared in M21, in the Christmas special in M20, etc. etc.)
    • a Solo Challenge in which players should rush for 75 yards in one quarter with a HB with 60 speed. really?!? when considering the loss of time after a play, I assume a lot of players might struggle a lot to complete this challenge.
    • no x-factors or abilities in some of the few Solo Challenges where one could play with his own lineup
    • sometimes not your own playbook to use (by the way: I really ask myself why I invest so much time to build up my lineup if there are so many 'events' (e.g. Solo Challenges, House Rules) where players are forced to play with another playbook or at least some other players?)
    • the Solo Challenges that have to be played as a squad have to be restarted every second game just because one of the players lost their connection to the server (by the way, what did I miss when reading the term 'Solo'?)

well, as I said, it might be a nice gimmick to have some content that is not directly related to football (e.g. playing against giants or gnomes in Most Feared, bringing in some receipts for the harvest season, etc.), but if I was responsible for a game like Madden, I would really focus on the game itself trying to reduce severe bugs or issues in the game mechanics (i.e. the 'must haves'!) before bringing some gimmicks into the game.
  • wait you ahve trouble make the riddle right? you just need to select it in the right order is not that hard and you get an item that shows you the right order for the packs xD
  • Duplodadum wrote: »
    wait you ahve trouble make the riddle right? you just need to select it in the right order is not that hard and you get an item that shows you the right order for the packs xD

yes, agree that it is not difficult as soon as you know that there is more than one round to pick an ingredient. but at the beginning it looks like you only get one ingredient through the pack and it's not clear where you get the others. I waited because I didn't know if the decision plays a role, if you get all ingredients together at all, if you choose the wrong one (what would happen if you get the 3 other ingredients by chance, e.g. in the store or through challenges that are released later?). it was clear to me that the ingredients are related to the recipes, but it was not clear at all how these packs work. in particular, since the pack said "pick 1 in round 1 of 1"...
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Muthead has a compresntive guide for the Autumb Blast promotion which can be found below if you're still interested in specific details on the event:
  • Neo_Novalis
    631 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    thank you @EA_Blueberry!

I've read these guides but the relevant information about these specific packs was (and is still) missing. if the screen says pick 1 of 1 in round 1 of 1, it is not clear at all that there will be more additional rounds to select all of the four required ingredients respectively.