EA Forums - Banner

Proof of the Chiefs Cheese

RawDeal49
40 posts Member
edited November 2020
So, Today I’m matched up with the Chiefs for the 5th straight gm. After a long gm of defending the Rollout Glitchy post/ Rollout Glitchy Streak and all of the other glitchy route combinations i manage to get to overtime And this is what happened.I’m at a loss for words so this video is just to bring awareness to what we’re dealing with on H2H Ranked from gm to gm. All I ask is PLEASE PLEASE award me the opportunity to see if my opponent is using the chiefs at the team select menu so I can decide wether or not to exit and find another opponent or proceed to play the Chiefs Cheese. That’s all I ask! Have a look for yourself and you be the judge!
Post edited by RawDeal49 on

Replies

• Game 10 of the day vs the Chiefs! Same team same scheme just like playing the same guy over and over and over again. This particular guy has mastered the gun Trips so well that he’s only thrown 1 incompletion the entire game!! 6ywwh1qg4h07.jpeg
  • EA_Blueberry
    4148 posts EA Community Manager
    RawDeal49 wrote: »
    So, Today I’m matched up with the Chiefs for the 5th straight gm. After a long gm of defending the Rollout Glitchy post/ Rollout Glitchy Streak and all of the other glitchy route combinations i manage to get to overtime And this is what happened.I’m at a loss for words so this video is just to bring awareness to what we’re dealing with on H2H Ranked from gm to gm. All I ask is PLEASE PLEASE award me the opportunity to see if my opponent is using the chiefs at the team select menu so I can decide wether or not to exit and find another opponent or proceed to play the Chiefs Cheese. That’s all I ask! Have a look for yourself and you be the judge!

Those were tough to watch and those are good of examples of areas of the game we need to improve on. In terms of showing the team before you play an online match, I'm not sure if that will return at the moment. When they had this back in the day, I remember players would wait until you selected your team and then tried to switch last second to a better team, or there was too much time spent on going back and forth choosing teams and backing in/out of games because your opponent would waste time.

I'd personally love to see a random team option where teams are matched up each other of equal team ratings to mix up variety. Maybe if you are the jaguars and your opponent is using the Chiefs, you wouldn't lose as many points if you lost the game since they have a huge advantage.
  • @EA_Blueberry I totally agree! Random teams is a great idea. I remember the good ole Days when there was a point system that didn’t reward using the CHEESE team for that year. As far as the team selection menu id rather back and forth or sit there than pop into 90% of my games with “Welcome to Arrow head Stadium”. Just give me the option of wether or not I wanna play the Chiefs!!!!
  • EA_Blueberry
    4148 posts EA Community Manager
    RawDeal49 wrote: »
    @EA_Blueberry I totally agree! Random teams is a great idea. I remember the good ole Days when there was a point system that didn’t reward using the CHEESE team for that year. As far as the team selection menu id rather back and forth or sit there than pop into 90% of my games with “Welcome to Arrow head Stadium”. Just give me the option of wether or not I wanna play the Chiefs!!!!

"Cheese" is always something the team needs to consider changing if they feel it's a specific play that is difficult to stop for a wide-range of defensive options, and being used too extensively over other options which makes the game less dynamic. I agree, when you see players using the same play over and over again, it not only doesn't feel like real football but is simply just not fun to play against someone like that. We all want to win a game, but do it in a way where it feels like a real battle of teams going back and forth. We always remember the 4th quarter comebacks in a close game, not the games you steam-rolled an opponent using the same handful of plays all game. Doing that strategy will only get you so far until you face higher skilled opponents that know how to counter it by learning from the community on what the best counters are.

Some losses from cheese aren't really cheese either, it's a skill-gap where players may just need to learn the proper counter to a play. Even if the proper play is selected, it still needs to be executed with effective user tackling, possibly moving your defensive line/linebackers over, using press coverage, and audibles to the secondary. For example, when you see players using the stretch play often, it's critical to shift the line or linebackers over, imo. I use the safety because the AI will do a great job picking up the blocks while I go for the user tackle. Miss that tackle though and it could end up in a house call.
  • i even liked back on NCAA where you could select a Regional Forum and then see what all players were in the room...then you could challenge them and even had chats in the room. Players would get called out if they used cheese plays for sure in those rooms. lol You could also see a players disconnect % along with their record.
  • NatureBoy2323
    3415 posts Game Changer
    i even liked back on NCAA where you could select a Regional Forum and then see what all players were in the room...then you could challenge them and even had chats in the room. Players would get called out if they used cheese plays for sure in those rooms. lol You could also see a players disconnect % along with their record.

Did you ever play in the East Room in Madden? It had a similar setup.

• when ncaa was active, i played it more than madden. i never played madden online back then.