EA Forums - Banner

Superstar MVP Challenges questions

Hi,
I'm new to MUT and I have to admit that I'm lost on a few things. I wish some more experienced players could give me some advice.

I am trying to build up my team, 80 OVR with 140K coins.

I did all the Rivalz challenges and chose the Superstar MVP challenge next.

But when I progress trough the milestone tiers, it looks like the rewards are sent directly to my collection without any warning or animation. At first I thought I didn't get them, but saw a 86 green superstar CB that I didn't have before in my collection along with one or two more 77-78 green cards.

Is that normal? They players you get are not shown to you at all when you win them?

Also I'm looking at the mission section, and I see Earn the Superstar MVP Masters. inside I see that the CB that I got TreDavious White have a check mark... great but I was so expecting to be able to chose from these 85-86 as I was aiming at Joe Thuney.

I guess the question here is, IF they are random and you want a specific player, I would definitely just buy them at the AH. But I wonder if I'm missing something here, if after all the challenges are complete, you will get all of these players or just a chance at a few of them.

thanks!

Replies

• Neo_Novalis
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    martmet wrote: »
    Is that normal? They players you get are not shown to you at all when you win them?
    but I was so expecting to be able to chose from these 85-86 as I was aiming at Joe Thuney.

I do not know it exactly how it was in the Superstar promo. Overall I'd say that it depends on the promo (or completed set) whether players could chose the prefered items or whether they are random. in best case it is clearly communicated somewhere. unfortunately, there have been a lot of bugs combined with a lack of information in Madden 21 so far. if the provided information does not say something like "chose from" I'd always assume that the rewarded player items are random.

normally, you should see new items directly on your screen as soon as you get them. however, this year it often happened that items go directly to the item binder without notice. if you are not sure, whether you got them, the best way is to look for them in (1) your item binder (as you obviously did already) or (2) in the unopened packs menu. if you did not get an item at all, you might have to contact EA help (I hope this will not be necessary but I've seen a lot of cases where players reported a bug like this in Madden 21).
    if after all the challenges are complete, you will get all of these players or just a chance at a few of them.
    in my experience it is very unlikely to get all items in a promo if you play all solo challenges. I would even say in most cases you can be happy if you get at least one of the better items just by playing. my strategy is to focus on a few players that seem to be interesting for my lineup and try to get them via playing the challenges. if I do not get them by playing, I either try to complete one (or more) of the available sets if they are feasible in terms of the items I got. but very often it is very expensive (in terms of coins) to get the missing set items, i.e. often it is cheaper to buy the prefered item in the auction house than completing a set.

before trying to complete a set or buying an item in the auction house I would always check both (i.e. available sets and the auction house) and calculate what is cheaper. sets often tend to be quite expensive and sometimes bring the risk that the result is a random item (chosen from a specific range of items). since items of newly released promos are most often very expensive in the first days, sets might be interesting. sometimes it is therefore also better to wait some days (or 1-2 weeks) before buying it. I guess it is less relevant for you at the moment, but maybe it will become so in the upcoming weeks and months.

in the long run, it might also be interesting to keep NAT items (non-auctionable and non-tradeable; the items you get via Solo Challenges are often NAT) instead of quickselling them. they might become interesting in the future when new promos are released and you could use the NAT items for these sets. since NAT items only quicksell for half the training value than 'normal' items with the same OVR, it might also be better in terms of quicksell value to use the NAT items for a 'player exchange set' (i.e. a set that converts 2-3 (or more) items of lower OVR to one set with a higher OVR).

and finally some words on packs: please be aware that packs might contain the jackpot (i.e. very good items) but most often the content is mediocre (or at least the content might be disappointing if you hope for the jackpot. packs are just a lottery!). if you are not willing to spend tons of cash, I would really recommend to always check the odds (they are provided in the store) before I buy a pack. and best compare it with the alternatives (sets, auction house). it might save a lot of frustration and coins.

hope that helps! have fun playing MUT! :)

ps: one final information that might be helpful for a 'beginner'. from Monday to Friday there is a stream on twitch providing the most recent information on MUT. it is called 'Good Morning Madden' (from the EAMaddenNFL-channel). it is always good to know about newly introduced promos just because in Madden 21 many of the promos are only available for a short time period.
    furthermore, if you connect your twitch account with your EA-account you also get packs just by watching the stream.
  • Well, thank you for your answer. It's more than what I was expecting.
    Appreciate the advice.

The only thing that bugs me are those "surprise" rewards from getting a new MUT level for example.

If I go to the spot where they explain all the tiers, I see after the fact what I got and try to link it with either collectibles or players who ended up in my collection.

A good example of that is Andre Johnson 73 and those OVR increse collectible.

looking at my collection I found to my surprise 3 OVR increase and decided to look it up on youtube.

Turns out it has to be added to a player named Andre Johnson. I didn't even saw it at first. Turns out you need to apply the collectibles to push his level higher.

Great!

But I'm a bit puzzled with these rewards that don't pop-up (some do but that's a minority so far) or those in packs like you mentioned.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4191 posts EA Community Manager
    @martmet

Some rewards that aren't popping up on the screen after you complete certain challenges or games is being looked into for a fix soon. It appears to only be a UI issue, rewards and XP are still being earned on the account. The notification for it isn't showing correctly.
  • martmet wrote: »
    It's more than what I was expecting. Appreciate the advice.
    I hope it was helpful anyways. since it took me quite a long time to learn how MUT is working with all its facets, I would have been thankful for any advice. that's probably the reason why I'm obviously getting very detailed. ;)
    The only thing that bugs me are those "surprise" rewards from getting a new MUT level for example.
    But I'm a bit puzzled with these rewards that don't pop-up (some do but that's a minority so far) or those in packs like you mentioned.

yes, this year (i.e. Madden 21) there were some issues with rewards going directly to the item binder without notice or incomplete information in-game. if items went into the item binder unnoticed, that was mostly in the early promos (e.g. Superstars, but also Andre Johnson. etc.). in my experience this became better latter on.

anyways I would advice to follow Good Morning Madden from time to time. if information is missing in-game, @EA_KRAELO gives his best to inform us players about news.