EA Forums - Banner

Can't upgrade next gen version... says "PS5 Upgrade (Disc Required)"(solved/fixed)

Replies

• Just getting on this thread as I have the same problem. Purchased the PS4 digital version, upgraded to the PS5 console and unable to download the PS5 version. Really disappointed! Is there any update on what is happening or when we can expect it to be fixed?
  • PSN ID if anyone needs it
    PSN: SteVolution86

Bought on the UK PSN store for PS4 as launch
  • EA_Blueberry
    4514 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2020
    Equipo92 wrote: »
    Same here. German PSN Store, pin id equipo92.

The guys from the live chat tell me that they know the problem. Only thing we can do is waiting.
    The next issue for madden 21

That's correct! Good news, the team seems to know what is causing players to not receive an option to upgrade it for free in the store and they're working to fix it ASAP. Please hang tight and we'll update you all here as soon as we have more information.
  • EA_Blueberry
    edited December 2020
    Robbkt wrote: »
    > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > Thank you for letting us know. The teams are currently seeing reports and investigating it. Just to double-check, do you all see an option to select the next-gen version through this section in the tweet below? There is a tutorial video on there too.
    >
    >

Same problem, ask to insert disc but I bought digital version. can't upgrade from ps4 version to ps5 version.
    With Fifa21 update to ps5 version I had no issue
    psn id: robbkt79
    store: Italian

This is a separate issue that is still being looked into.

If you purchased a digital version of the game but you are being asked to insert a disc, please reply in the forum confirming that is the message you're receiving and provide us your PSN ID (PS5), Gamertag (Series X), and store you purchased the game from, and the edition that you have (ex: MVP, Deluxe, Standard).
  • Replied before but just making sure it’s seen.

PSN name is joethefish13

I purchased from the UK psn store
  • EA_Blueberry
    Ovocaay wrote: »
    Replied before but just making sure it’s seen.

PSN name is joethefish13

I purchased from the UK psn store

Are you getting an option to insert the disc or are you not getting an upgrade option at all?
  • I have a disc less ps5 and it is asking me to insert a disc, purchased the PS4 and ps5 edition of madden 21 as a digital pre order prior to the UK release of the PS4 version
  • EA_Blueberry
    Ovocaay wrote: »
    I have a disc less ps5 and it is asking me to insert a disc, purchased the PS4 and ps5 edition of madden 21 as a digital pre order prior to the UK release of the PS4 version

Thank you! We'll be passing along the examples over to the team to help them.

Just to make sure it doesn't get missed, here is the information we need for everyone else that comes across this thread:

If you are being asked to insert a disc when you have the digital copy. We need the following:
    • PSN ID (PS5) or Gamertag (Series X)
    • Store you purchased the game from
    • Edition that you have (ex: MVP, Deluxe, Standard)
  • RoJay17
    1 posts New member
    Same issue, just says disc required..

PSN ID: xRoJay
    Purchased the Standard edition from the UK PSN Store.
  • Skip1705
    1 posts New member
    Psn: skip2022
    Store: germany
    Edition: Standard
  • Equipo92
    3 posts New member
    > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > Thank you! We'll be passing along the examples over to the team to help them.
    >
    > Just to make sure it doesn't get missed, here is the information we need for everyone else that comes across this thread:
    >
    > If you are being asked to insert a disc when you have the digital copy. We need the following:
    > * PSN ID (PS5) or Gamertag (Series X)
    > * Store you purchased the game from
    > * Edition that you have (ex: MVP, Deluxe, Standard)

PSN ID: equipo92
    Store: Germany
    MVP digital
  • I’m also being told I can only upgrade to PS5 with a disc inserted (I bought digital version instead)
    PSN: marcomazz1
    Store: Italy
    Edition: standard

Ps: yesterday I perfectly managed to upgrade my FIFA PS4 digital version with no problems at all.
    Thank you
  • Mine also says Disc required
    PSN Stand-Or-Fall
    Uk PlayStation store
    Standard edition
  • uytje
    2 posts New member
    [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2172309"][quote="Ovocaay;c-2172307"]I have a disc less ps5 and it is asking me to insert a disc, purchased the PS4 and ps5 edition of madden 21 as a digital pre order prior to the UK release of the PS4 version[/quote]

Thank you! We'll be passing along the examples over to the team to help them.

Just to make sure it doesn't get missed, here is the information we need for everyone else that comes across this thread:

If you are being asked to insert a disc when you have the digital copy. We need the following:

[list]
    [*] PSN ID (PS5) or Gamertag (Series X)
    [*] Store you purchased the game from
    [*] Edition that you have (ex: MVP, Deluxe, Standard)
    [/list]
    [/quote]

PSN ID: uytje
    Store: Dutch PSN Store
    Edition: Deluxe

Just posting again so I can’t be overlooked :)
  • PSNid: Harrigan83
    Store: UK PS Store
    Edition: Standard

Any estimates on a time frame blueberry?
  • Yeah just to confirm I purchased the standard edition
  • Ok so mine is also the one that it says "disk required"

PSN ID: ChrysisNight49er
    Store: German PS Store
    Edition: Standard Edition
  • Same issue also

PSN: Darnbrooskii
    UK PSN store
  • aidang1980
    Irish store
    Mvp edition

No option to upgrade