EA Forums - Banner

Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 21 Title Update- December 17th

EA_Blueberry
4447 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 6
h2hgf5aar3dy.png

To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback. Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us. We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 21. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations.

Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update:

Madden NFL 21 (Xbox Series X|S & PS5)

Gameplay Updates:
  • General stability fixes

Franchise Updates:
Face of the Franchise Updates:
  • General stability improvements
  • Fixed an issue with players who change positions to Wide Receiver - Physical, Slot, and Route Runner and their selected archetype not carrying over once drafted to the NFL.

Franchise Updates:
  • Updated the Playoff Bracket UI so the higher seeded team is listed at the top.

Madden NFL 21 (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

Gameplay Updates:
  • General stability fixes

Madden Ultimate Team Updates:
  • Remedied an issue where Solo Battles losses were not tracking properly.

Franchise Updates:

Face of the Franchise Updates:
  • General stability improvements
  • Fixed an issue with players who change positions to Wide Receiver - Physical, Slot, and Route Runner and their selected archetype not carrying over once drafted to the NFL.

Franchise Updates:
  • Updated the Playoff Bracket UI so the higher seeded team is listed at the top.

(Source: Official Site)
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• No patch notes on what General stability fixes were made
  • Added some new players as well JR Reed on the Rams. What can we do about getting scan face I.d’s updated on certain players or adding better free agents pool and undrafted rookies?
  • What about fixing the kickoff issue?
    Instead of finding a solution, you remove kickoffs and college overtime rules??? College did you forget it's NFL? #DropEA
  • EA_Blueberry
    What about fixing the kickoff issue?
    Instead of finding a solution, you remove kickoffs and college overtime rules??? College did you forget it's NFL? #DropEA

Team is working on a fix for that and implementing College OT was the best alternative for the meantime. I know a lot of Hester fans out there want kickoffs to return, thank you for hanging in there for us.
  • rufkutz
    1 posts New member
    Can you please fix penalties. I can play a whole 10min game season and never get a holding penalty. I have sliders cranked. Also. Punters always kick 37-40 yards. No matter what. Also, if you control a d line man and you flick r3 to do a suggested line move your linebackers will leave coverage and blitz. Just my suggestions for a more realistic madden. Thank you.
  • EA_Blueberry
    rufkutz wrote: »
    Can you please fix penalties. I can play a whole 10min game season and never get a holding penalty. I have sliders cranked. Also. Punters always kick 37-40 yards. No matter what. Also, if you control a d line man and you flick r3 to do a suggested line move your linebackers will leave coverage and blitz. Just my suggestions for a more realistic madden. Thank you.

Holding penalties are very rare and usually only occur when a runningback will quickly cut in a different direction. Holding penalties were never a favorable outcome for players and not sure if a ton of players want to see those type of penalties increased, but we'll share your thoughts with the team!

The flick you're doing with the stick is not a bug. The team changed up the controls from last year where the run commit blitz was changed.

As for punting do you angle the arc down to make it a more line drive kick towards the sidelines to see if you can get it past the player or are you talking about AI's punters in Franchise?
  • @EA_Blueberry Is there a way to improve the tackling animations for gang tackles for current gen and possibly get rid of the breakdown tackles and switch it to stand up tackles to hold a guy until you get help...and maybe adding more momentum to the the truck stick and be able to fight through multiple defenders
  • EA_Blueberry
    What do you want to determine how the pile is pushed, both players repeatedly pressing a certain button that shows up to simulate a fight?