EA Forums - Banner

MY LAST NAME ISN'T PROFANE!

Denny
1 posts New member
I've been a Madden player for 20yrs, always have created my player with my name, this year unfortunately I called EA sports which HAS MY NAME ON MY ACCOUNT BUT YOU'VE DEEMED IT PROFANE WHEN NO WAY IT SHOULD BE! ADDITIONALLY YOU HAVE PROOF THROUGH MY ACCOUNTS THAT MY NAME IS TRUE. NO ONE IN EA OR FOR MADDEN 21 WILL GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED! WHY? COX ISN'T A PROFANE WORD! NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE ON ANY OTHER GAMES EVER, INCLUDING PREVIOUS MADDEN'S! NO WONDER MADDEN IS RATED A 2 STAR & HAS BEEN LOSING CUSTOMERS LIKE CRAZY! VERY DISAPPOINTED & NO1 I SPOKE TO CARED TO FIX THIS! So aggravating when you have proof & the truth to know I'm not truly using a PROFANE WORD & NFL PLAYER'S HAVE MY LAST NAME IN THE GAME! CARE TO HELP FIX THIS HORRIBLE PROBLEM? IF NOT I GUESS THIS WILL BE MY LAST MADDEN GAME IF NO1 CAN HELP FIX THIS! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS & OUTRAGEOUS!

Replies

• Yeah mine is apparently profane too. Which is incredible. They outright said they have no intention of fixing it, it's my last one too. Haven't bought in a few years and immediately regret buying this one after seeing their responses.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4514 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey there. Can you add the first and last name you're trying to use to this forum post so we can notify the team that reviews the profanity filter? Thanks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Last-name-profane/m-p/9429442#M494
  • Denny
    1 posts New member
    Denny Cox
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > Hey there. Can you add the first and last name you're trying to use to this forum post so we can notify the team that reviews the profanity filter? Thanks.
    >
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Last-name-profane/m-p/9429442#M494

Last name: Busse
  • is it just me or is there a Player in the game that is called Fletcher COX ^^
  • EA_Blueberry
    Duplodadum wrote: »
    is it just me or is there a Player in the game that is called Fletcher COX ^^

The names added into the game are different from what is used within the profanity filter, so our teams will need to manually review what is being censored. I'll pass this along for review, thanks!
  • I meant that more like how can it be not a allowed name when it is a known Name
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Duplodadum

The names put in game by code are different from the profanity filter. For that specific name, it can unfortunately be used in inappropriate context which is likely why it was put under the filter.
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > @Duplodadum
    >
    > The names put in game by code are different from the profanity filter. For that specific name, it can unfortunately be used in inappropriate context which is likely why it was put under the filter.

What's funny about my situation is, my last name by itself isn't inappropriate - but if I change one letter it could be (not really) inappropriate. If I make the last name in this game inappropriate IT ACCEPTS IT. Figure that one out!

I get there's nothing that can be done now (which is a complete fabrication, whoever is telling you that is lying to you). But this is pretty embarrassing from your company's perspective.
  • Mickey9
    1 posts New member
    Please Accept my Last name: Némethy (Nemethy)