EA Forums - Banner

No Huddle Question

When I use no huddle against the computer it allows me to select a new play by bringing up the formation I am using. When I play against a human my only option is to audible.

Is this just the way the game is designed or am I missing something?

Replies

• if you are missing something, I do so too. ;)

not sure whether it is intended or not, but for me it might be reasonable. otherwise hurry-up offense might be too powerful since the defense is limited in its reaction.

frankly, it annoys me a bit when my opponent applies no-huddle offense for no 'good' reason (except at the end of the 2nd or 4th quarter where it is of course reasonable). it takes the strategy factor out of the game even more. but it's a game and everyone can play it the way (s)he wants to. :)
  • So is this a feature of the game? You can change the play against the computer but you have to audible against a human?
  • yes, I think so
  • EA_Blueberry
    4331 posts EA Community Manager
    This is by design. You should be able to still select a decent amount of formations from audibles and hot route the receivers to "expand" your playbook.
  • That’s what sucks against human. But it does give you a good amount of formations based on the package you’re using. I usually pick one of my audibles and just change hot routes.

Speaking of no huddle. How does EA figure out the speed of the team? Sometimes I see a 13 second run off, but then my opponent will have the same distance to travel (between plays) and it’s closer to 20 second run off.
  • I usually pick one of my audibles and just change hot routes.
    that's my approach too.
    Speaking of no huddle. How does EA figure out the speed of the team?

I'm not exactly sure but my guess is that it depends on the deepest route in the previous play. my impression is that it depends on the play selected in the previous play only, but not on the hot routes (but that could be completely wrong. could be interesting to do some testing here ;) ).

• EA_Blueberry
    That’s what sucks against human. But it does give you a good amount of formations based on the package you’re using. I usually pick one of my audibles and just change hot routes.

Speaking of no huddle. How does EA figure out the speed of the team? Sometimes I see a 13 second run off, but then my opponent will have the same distance to travel (between plays) and it’s closer to 20 second run off.

@cornettm1220

When you see a larger run-off, does the opponent put a player in motion? This gives the player a little more time to compensate for the receiver going in motion.
  • EA_Blueberry
    @cornettm1220

Any way you can post a clip in here when you see them on a drive like that so I can take a look at what you're seeing?
  • I can try. Can it have something to do with type of qb?
  • no-huddle offense really ruins the fun of the game for me. the game is so monotonous anyways, by doing no-huddle offense all the time, the number of used plays is even further reduced. even worse, due to heavy (but uneven) lags, anything might happen when I try to quickly adjust pre-snap. some commands are registered, others aren't (or are wrongly registered because the previous adjustment wasn't and therefore I still was in the previous 'menu')...

if I just wanted to play a simple game with much less strategy, I'd play the 'real' football (i.e. FIFA; by the way, I still do not understand why I should call it soccer... :D)