EA Forums - Banner

This is football?

When are they actually going to fix the gameplay instead of adding gimmick modes and spongebob attire? I would be embarrassed to work on this team.

Replies

• The-Sporty-Hero
    764 posts Member
    edited January 19
    I think that it's quite creative and fun with these kind of features. I wish I had the PS5 version of Madden 21 but I can't find a next gen system with a reasonable price.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Wow that’s horrible!!!
  • EA_Blueberry
    4139 posts EA Community Manager
    Rozsos27 wrote: »

When are they actually going to fix the gameplay instead of adding gimmick modes and spongebob attire? I would be embarrassed to work on this team.

Was this your gameplay and did it happen in the last 48 hours since the latest title update?
  • I think that it's quite creative and fun with these kind of features. I wish I had the PS5 version of Madden 21 but I can't find a next gen system with a reasonable price.

Your entitled to your opinion but it’s kids like you who EA markets to since introducing MUT/micro transaction which has led to madden going from great simulation game it was during PS2 era to the gimmick glitchy arcade game it is now. People who prefer realistic gameplay and know football hate this. Putting sponge Bob in the game while the gameplay is broken and features have been missing for over 10 years is a disgrace and shows EA only cares about money.
  • The-Sporty-Hero
    764 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Well I'm glad this is being addressed.
    Post edited by The-Sporty-Hero on
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Rozsos27
    83 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Rozsos27 wrote: »

Was this your gameplay and did it happen in the last 48 hours since the latest title update?

This was not my gameplay and I believe would have been slightly before the latest title update. But at the same time this is an issue that has plagued the franchise for a long time. This is just the worst case of it I've seen. The game is animation based and therefore while the user forces continued animation the tackling animation cannot start and players just bounce off. I'm not sure what the focus of the latest title update was but this is not nearly a new problem so I would just be surprised to hear it's been improved all the sudden. It's one of the legacy issues that users continuously complain about when saying the gameplay is never fixed. I imagine a fix for this would require an entire physics overhaul.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4139 posts EA Community Manager
    If it's pre Title Update that seems related to the kickoff exploit where they couldn't be tackled. At least it seems like it based off the score of the game.

• Here's a new non-kickoff one. Wasn't aware there was a specific kickoff glitch but this has been a common problem for this game for a long time.
  • Rozsos27 wrote: »
    Here's a new non-kickoff one. Wasn't aware there was a specific kickoff glitch but this has been a common problem for this game for a long time.

well, at least your opponent was aware of being lucky (or glitch using) that he afterwards did this taunting animation to say sorry ... [sarcasm alert!] it is really funny that given all these bugs, the taunting animations seem to work perfectly. [still sarcasm...]

from my perspective, allowing these taunting animations contributes to making the 'positive play' initiative worthless... :(
  • $60 worth of pure NFL licensed football right there.
  • 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
  • I think that it's quite creative and fun with these kind of features. I wish I had the PS5 version of Madden 21 but I can't find a next gen system with a reasonable price.

You're trolling LMAO
  • koolkev258 wrote: »
    I think that it's quite creative and fun with these kind of features. I wish I had the PS5 version of Madden 21 but I can't find a next gen system with a reasonable price.

You're trolling LMAO

I'm not trolling I'm just rolling with the Madden team.
    Madden fan since 93.