EA Forums - Banner

Server Maintenance for Madden NFL 21 on Friday, January 22nd at 6:00AM ET

EA_KRAELO
157 posts EA Madden Community Team
edited January 22
There will be server maintenance for Madden NFL 21 on Friday, January 22nd at 6:00AM ET.

During this time, all online Franchise modes will be offline and will come back online once maintenance is completed.

Solo Battles will also be gated as early as 5:00AM ET to protect players from any issues and will unlock after maintenance is complete.

- The Madden Team
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• Agent K,
    Why is this happening on Friday morning instead of the usual Thursday AM? Doing server maintenance right before opponent refresh essentially lessens the deadline by several hours and has unfair consequences to those who have time to play during that time in the morning.
    13hour notice is also unfair, this could have been announced on GMM any of the past few streams so we could plan accordingly.
    Some of us woke up to play solo battles during a quiet time in our hectic lives, a time that had been open for years, only to find out that a notice to gate them had gone out literally hours before we went to sleep.
    This is the 3rd week in a row that will not be able to properly compete in solo battles because of a complete inconsistency in the availability of the mode. The Friday morning refresh that had always happened at 10:30 am for years has also changed. NO idea when that refresh occurs now, but it is not at 9:30am either.
    Any help in bringing back a consistent concrete schedule and correct information on when solo battles opponent refreshes occurs would be appreciated. Thank you for all you do.
  • Hi is there an issue going on with Madden 21 on Xbox one. I purchased both Madden 21 deluxe and regular Madden 21. I have installed each separately, once fully installed, I start a game. Within 5 mins it freezes and kicks me to the Xbox home screen. Its done it to both games.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4436 posts EA Community Manager
    @Pcerasuo48134

It's not necessary to install both versions unless you purchased each one under a different Gamertag?

If you're using an external hard drive for your console, check to see if any game files are located on both the internal and external. That can cause performance related issues. If so, please try deleting all files and re-install the game. Check to make sure post-installation updates are designated to the correct storage under the console's settings.

Have you tried power cycling the console?

How to power cycle your Xbox console:
    1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.