EA Forums - Banner

Losing Attitude in Madden

So I’ve been playing Madden for 25 yrs now. Normally against my college teammates. When I lose I get so upset I can barley sleep at night. I’m not a remote thrower tho. When I make bad read that cost me a game. I think about that one play all night. This can’t be healthy; I need counseling 😂

How do you guys handle defeats ?

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4165 posts EA Community Manager
    After a bad loss I'll start playing the auction house to make my team better.
  • That’s a good point. @EA_Blueberry i promise this is my last request of you. I promise. Any advice on how to slow down the Gun Trey Offset offset. What will give me a good success rate vs this scheme. It’s extremely difficult to stop.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4165 posts EA Community Manager
    I usually go Nickel wide and bring the safety down a bit over the side with more wideouts on it. Control the safety and control the middle, don't let anything go deep (peddle backwards at the snap).

The idea is to keep bringing the pressure forcing the opponent to throw short passes. You'll likely get eat up for big yards. Let them get those big yards until they get to the red zone. That is where I either continue with the blitzing to see if it's effective near the red zone or let them score. I'm confident enough in my offense that I'll match them up on my next drive.

On their next drive, continue with the blitz but switch it up to a Cover 2 if you get them on a 3rd down. Show the blitz. The idea is to have them make that big mistake where you get the INT you need. On their next drive, don't show the blitz and use cover 2 for the first 2 plays. Then shove the blitz again. They will likely convert. stick with the blitz and then switch to the Cover 3 Sky near the red zone.

I take control of the safety and never move past the outside the furthest OL on the opposite side of the RB. This way I can still get in faster on a run play.

When you go into a game try not to counter every single play they have out there. Get into the mindset of a defensive coordinator where you're baiting them into making a mistake. Make them feel too comfortable, then switch up the play when they least expect it!

Good luck.
  • Thanks A TON!
  • kennymac wrote: »
    So I’ve been playing Madden for 25 yrs now. Normally against my college teammates. When I lose I get so upset I can barley sleep at night. I’m not a remote thrower tho. When I make bad read that cost me a game. I think about that one play all night. This can’t be healthy; I need counseling 😂

How do you guys handle defeats ?

I assume I know how you feel when losing (or making a mistake). I played chess in my youth (quite successfully) but when I lost, ... well, as you said, that was not healthy...

that's one of the main reason why I do not want to compete anymore. I still like playing chess a lot but I just want to enjoy it and try to do my best. that's why I also enjoy a challenging H2H game much more, if my opponent and I vary the strategy and try to do things differently (without using money plays) than just winning against an opponent with a much lower OVR...

for me, it helps to to keep reminding myself that it's not important to win but trying to do my best. if I manage to focus on the things I did well, I am more happy about good things and I can also see it as something positive when my opponent does something well.

Winning is not important! Having fun should be the objective!