EA Forums - Banner

Craziest thing Ive ever seen

doody5047
82 posts Member
edited February 1
How does he run, back peddles then back hand the ball???
Post edited by doody5047 on

Replies

• honestly, I'm a bit disappointed now. ;) I've expected it to be much worse... :D but seriously now: yes, this is very annoying, I know. when one of my passes is deflected, it always seems to fly magnetically straight into the arms of another defender (who does not even have to move a lot). no matter if he's standing right next to it or 20 yards away...

I would be interested if this pattern is scripted? but maybe this impression is just due to frustration...
  • @Neo_Novalis whats crazy to me is he was run the other way stopped then back paddled then back handed the ball, his back is toward the guy he deflected the ball to
  • agreed, it's weird (I did not want to claim the opposite, not at all). but since I started to watch some plays using the replay option, I've seen a lot of other crazy stuff too. for instance, the game seems to have some room for improvement in terms of body collissions (if there isn't a tackling or blocking animation triggered)...
  • I had a situation where my opponents caught the pass ran and was ruled down while not being tackled. If it wasn't for this situation I would have given up a touchdown.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • I had a situation where my opponents caught the pass ran and was ruled down while not being tackled. If it wasn't for this situation I would have given up a touchdown.

I've seen exactly the same too, but I think it was on a KR, not an INT.
  • I'm starting to think the devs don't watch football
  • This is a very good user play. He threw a slant route with a user underneath it. Which he should have made a play on it considering he was in the enzone and less then five yards away from him. The Person who thrown the ball should have used a high point pass to get it over the top of the head of the defender but instead he use a bullet pass which allowed the Safety to make a play on it.
  • doody5047
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2
    @Jeremiah757 where do you see a slant route ? The ball was thrown to X the guy that’s run in the back of the end zone. And it wasn’t a user that backhanded the ball it was the cpu, the user wasn’t no where in the area when the ball was thrown. If you look at the play he left the area where the ball was thrown, he then back peddled back into the area then back handed the ball.
  • Again you keep saying back of the enzone like the guys is 20 yards away he also about five yards in it as well. So he is sitting on that route regardless. To get it over his head you should have throw a high point pass. Regardless if it was CPU or a user they both could have made a play on it
  • And you had two routes running into each other the defender probably took three steps in the direction you was throw anyways I agree the jump was horrible but yes he should have made a play on it he was sitting on it the enzone is only what a little under 10 yards deep and he was probably sitting around 4-5 yards underneath
  • EA_Blueberry
    4267 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm starting to think the devs don't watch football

You've never seen this happen in the NFL?
  • unfortunately, similar things happen to me frequently in MUT Solo Battles...

for instance,
  • by the way, Madden's Law (alternatively we could name it "Murphy's Law"...) seems to be: a deflected pass has to be caught by a AI-controlled defender.
  • EA_Blueberry
    I'm starting to think the devs don't watch football

You've never seen this happen in the NFL?

Not to jump in here and say I told you so, but thought I'd update the thread that in last night's Super Bowl there were 3 pass deflections to interceptions. 2 were called back. It happens more often than you think. ;)

• doody5047
    82 posts Member
    edited February 10
    @EA_Blueberry we understand that. But was any of the players back peddling coming from another direction and back handed the ball? 🤔🤔
  • EA_Blueberry
    @doody5047

The animation itself could be improved I suppose. He only backpedaled for a second before swatting it down. I see the bigger issue with the ball being thrown right in his direction which led to the interception. I'm sure if we dug up enough NFL footage you could see crazy interceptions take place. The one you posted at the top isn't an animation I see often myself when compared to all the other animation types.

I searched "Crazy NFL Interceptions" and there were some WILD ones to check out. I found this one below in the first video I'm watching that's almost identical to what you experienced. I timestamped it below at 4:10.

• @EA_Blueberry thats nowhere close to the same thing,he didn’t back hand the ball to another defender, but ok man!!