EA Forums - Banner

Free Agent Glitch

After 15 years of playing Madden (new game every year), I just discovered this glitch last week. I play offline franchise. The week of your first regular season game, before you play that game, you can cut a player and resign him for a year like normal, but then the player remains there to sign long term which is where the glitch kicks in. For example, I had a player that was 77 overall, in his last year of his rookie deal and wanted ridiculous money to resign, but I could not trade him (salary cap issues for some teams that wanted him), so I cut him and looked for a rookie at his position that I could trade a pick for. I did not find anyone so I figured I would resign the guy I cut.

When I resigned him for the one year, it was for 4 or 5 million for the year, but then he remained on the free agent list, so I selected him again and now I see 1 year 550k no bonus. So of course I increased the number of years to 7 and got him for 8 years (with the first year for 4 or 5 million, but all subsequent years at 550k per year.) So then I started experimenting. I had a 27 year old DE, 99 overall that I franchised because I would not pay the 4 year 105 million he was asking for. I cut him, then resigned him to a one year 17 million which was about the number the tag was, then the same thing happened, I clicked on him again and I see 1 year 550k no bonus. So I added 7 years to the deal at 550k per. This works for any player at any rating at any contract year, but only in the first week of the regular season before you play that week's game.

Now I know this is not the way it's supposed to work, but if it's in the game, it's in the game!!! Hope this is fixed in 22 because it's too tempting not to use!!!!

Replies

• One other thing I have noticed, whenever controlling the kickoff or punt returner, he gets happy and puts the ball in the air like he just returned it for a TD. But this happens when he is at the start of the return so of course he fumbles. There is even some dialog in the background like he took it to the house!! To alleviate this problem, I just let the AI control the returns.
  • Why all the negativity? I just relayed what happened. I don't know anything about a commish. I play offline franchise as the owner, that's it. If you cut someone, you can resign them anytime in FA. You don't have to wait until week 3. I appreciate your opinion, even with the negative tone. I reported what happened to me. Just chill man, it's only a video game, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
  • Why all the negativity? I just relayed what happened. I don't know anything about a commish. I play offline franchise as the owner, that's it. If you cut someone, you can resign them anytime in FA. You don't have to wait until week 3. I appreciate your opinion, even with the negative tone. I reported what happened to me. Just chill man, it's only a video game, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Great job in not feeding the trolls.
  • Thanks Kennylc76. So that is what a troll is!! I am old so it takes a little time to catch on to the lingo.
  • Thanks Kennylc76. So that is what a troll is!! I am old so it takes a little time to catch on to the lingo.

I'm old too... probably older than you are. I learned what a troll is on these very forums. But I'll be honest... I'm not sure they still say troll hahaha