EA Forums - Banner

Gridiron Notes: Madden NFL 21 March Title Update.

NatureBoy2323
3566 posts Game Changer
edited April 1
To ensure Madden is the best game possible, scheduled updates are deployed by the Madden Development Team to add features to the game after launch and to tune gameplay based on community feedback.

Our launch updates focus on many of the issues that Madden players report to us. We thank you for your feedback - you've helped us improve Madden NFL 21. We look forward to further feedback and are committed to continuing to meet your expectations.

Here is a detailed breakdown of what’s included in today's title update:

Madden NFL 21 (Xbox Series X|S & PS5)
Key Highlights:

Fix for QB freezing in certain play formations

Fix for missing Pro Bowl active abilities

Various MUT UI fixes

Franchise updates to trade logic and player value

“League History” addition to Franchise

Gameplay Updates:

Fixed an issue causing the QB to freeze after flipping Gun Split Close Play Action plays while also hot routing the HB.

Fixed an issue causing some QB’s to repeat their pre-play walk-to-line, getting set in the formation animation twice.

Fixed an issue preventing some abilities from being equipped for players on the Pro Bowl roster.
Fixed an incorrect route shown in the play-art for the play Gun Tight Doubles Zig Under.

Fixed an issue sometimes causing the receiver to run back toward the line instead of breaking out when running a zig route.

Fixed an issue with Hit Sticks not tracking properly for Abilities using Hit Stick accumulation for In the Zone criteria (e.g. Avalanche)

Madden Ultimate Team Updates:

Various UI Fixes

Franchise Updates:

NEW: Improvements to Trade Logic and Player Value

NEW: League History

Dev Note: For Madden NFL 21, League History will begin at the year of your Franchise when the update goes live and populate each year onward.

Check out our deep dive on League History, Trade Logic and Player Value Gridiron Notes to learn more!

Fixed issue where “Backlash” ability was called “Pass Lead Elite”

Fixed naming of Seahawks stadium to Lumen Field (for new Franchises)

Dev Note: All updates also apply to Gen4 consoles.

Madden NFL 21 (Xbox One, PS4, PC, Stadia)
Key Highlights:

Fix for QB freezing in certain play formations

Fix for missing Pro Bowl active abilities

Fixed rusher logic in certain punting situations

Gameplay Updates:

Fixed an issue allowing punts to frequently get blocked by an AI-controlled rusher when lined up inside the 5-yard line.

Dev Note: To address this issue, we tuned the logic of the rusher that was blocking the kick. The AI was timing the Dive perfectly and not in a situation where the player rushing the punter would layout and dive due to the blocker between him and the punter.

Fixed an issue causing the QB to freeze after flipping Gun Split Close Play Action plays while also hot routing the HB.

Fixed an issue causing some QB’s to repeat their pre-play walk-to-line, getting set in the formation animation twice.

Fixed an issue preventing some abilities from being equipped for players on the Pro Bowl roster.

Fixed an issue with Hit Sticks not tracking properly for Abilities using Hit Stick accumulation for In the Zone criteria (e.g. Avalanche)

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/news/gridiron-notes-madden-nfl-21-march-title-update
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• You don't even have to sort out the name issue for the draft classes ....
  • I was just waiting for the update on the name issues in draft classes to start a realistic career. It's cool to add new things but start already by removing the bugs
  • @EA_Blueberry Did the gang tackling or consecutive hit tackles get fixed
  • dewyooya
    1 posts New member
    The UL Token Solo is now totally BROKEN. Your entire team is replaced by the Bears Franchise team and every position is messed up. Trubisky is the starting LT Foles is the starting RT, LE Jenkins is the starting HB. EVERYONE IS IN THE WRONG POSITION. And even if you win it fails and gives theTRY AGAIN screen
  • EA_Blueberry
    4405 posts EA Community Manager
    @dewyooya

hey there. Try setting your lineup to GENERATE BEST OVR with the lineup tool when you go to your roster screen, then immediately go to the challenge before you make any changes to your lineup. That should fix this and the team is aware of the issue, our apologies for any frustration it may have caused.
  • https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/profile/EA_Blueberry

You don't even have to sort out the name issue for the draft classes ....

I was just waiting for the update on the name issues in draft classes to start a realistic career. It's cool to add new things but start already by removing the bugs
  • @EA_Blueberry

You don't even have to sort out the name issue for the draft classes ....

I was just waiting for the update on the name issues in draft classes to start a realistic career. It's cool to add new things but start already by removing the bugs[/quote]
  • TJBley77
    2 posts New member
    The new update is good for trade logic however the AI no longer makes any trades whatsoever. Ntm now the AI fills the free agency pool with tons of players 75+ overall.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4405 posts EA Community Manager
    @beycha19

Are you referring to this?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Press-A-To-Reorder/m-p/9924682/highlight/false#M7687

@TJBley77

Is this for a new franchise you created and are AI trades enabled?
  • No I'm talking about profaned names in the draft classes!!!!

This problem had already been said in February and you said that it would be resolved ...
  • TJBley77
    2 posts New member
    [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2187162"]@beycha19

Are you referring to this?
    @TJBley77

Is this for a new franchise you created and are AI trades enabled?[/quote]

No although I have the problem aswell

Yes trades are active for all teams and the CPU made zero. I simmed an online league three years and had one trade and then simmed three years in an offline league and got no trades. Eventually I turned off trade deadline to see if that inspired more trades and got nothing.
  • [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2187162"]@beycha19

[/quote]

No I'm talking about profaned names in the draft classes!!!!

This problem had already been said in February and you said that it would be resolved ...
  • @EA_Blueberry?????
  • Undo sign still doesn‘t work since the last update version 1.011.000

3mc7qxve0lna.jpeg

Why is this not fixed? @EA_Blueberry
  • Remove this bug from profaned names!!!
  • So can you guys recreate the coaching carousel like they had in NCAA? It would be nice to start as a position coach and work my way through the ranks in franchise mode. And when a player retires they can continue as a coach or GM. Also add a 4-2 defensive playbook.