EA Forums - Banner

Ability Point (AP) Update for Tuesday, March 23rd

EA_Blitz
1 posts EA Madden Community Team
edited April 4
Hey Madden Fans,

We’re here to detail our second Ability Point update of the year which is targeted to go live on Tuesday, March 23rd. We’ve taken feedback that we’ve seen throughout the community to help shape this update.

This update notably has an increase to One Step Ahead - a meta that we’ve seen for a little while now. Players will now only be able to activate no more than two of them. Also of note, you’ll see a few changes to help incentivize using linebackers over safeties in the SUBLB position.

We’re excited for you to get your hands on this and what new strategies emerge!

AP LIMIT UPDATE
  • Offense and Defense AP Limit increased from 12 to 15
  • Special Team AP Limit increased from 2 to 3

OFFENSE AP UPDATE
  • QB Playmaker (QB)
    • Now 10 AP for Improviser Archetype
  • Playmaker (HB, WR, TE)
    • Now 6 AP across the board
  • Route Tech (HB, WR, TE)
    • +1 AP to all Archetypes

DEFENSE AP UPDATE
  • One Step Ahead (MLB, OLB, CB, FS, SS)
    • Now 6 AP across the board
  • Deep Route KO (CB, FS, SS)
  • Medium Route KO (MLB, OLB, CB, FS, SS)
  • Acrobat (MLB, OLB, CB, FS, SS)
  • Lurker (MLB, OLB)
    • -1 AP to all Archetypes
  • Lurker (FS, SS)
  • Inside Stuff (MLB, OLB)
  • No Outsiders (MLB, OLB)
  • Goal Line Stuff (MLB, OLB)
  • Edge Threat Elite (DT, DE, OLB)
  • Enforcer (MLB, FS, SS)
    • -1 AP for Run Support FS/SS Archetype
    • -1 AP for Field General MLB Archetype
  • Double Or Nothing (DT, DE, OLB)
    • 4 AP to all Archetypes

- The Madden Team
Post edited by NatureBoy2323 on

Replies

• mb41345
    2 posts New member
    Why do you take feedback from bad madden players. And listen to them lol.
  • You could just take all of the abilities and xfactors OUT of the game and let the players play to their stats. That would be pretty cool.
  • Trop74G
    14 posts Member
    edited March 20
    X-Factor for "Running Backs" should drop an Objective, the game is in the Fourth Quarter, By the time You get it in Ultimate Teams??
  • [quote="PFC_B_RUNS;c-2188919"]You could just take all of the abilities and xfactors OUT of the game and let the players play to their stats. That would be pretty cool.[/quote]

Seriously, I'm tired of having to worry about beating the cpu more than my actual opponent.
  • mb41345
    2 posts New member
    I just deleted my ultimate team. Will not be returning. Till i have full user control
  • Totally agree with PFC_B_RUNS. "You could just take all of the abilities and xfactors OUT of the game and let the players play to their stats. That would be pretty cool." Abilities & Xfactors completely ruined the game. Every year the nerds just find a way to exploit them and one ability or another is just completely OP. Really hope you guys consider not having this in the game anymore moving forward.
  • Abilities need to boost the rating the player actually has like "Morale" does... and then let the stat ratings play out... Or fix / remove abilities since ppl are so dependent on them. Also this does not actually fix gameplay. Your attempt to balance GAMEPLAY by limiting how many can be used may be okay for MUT but since it doesnt actually FIX GAMEPLAY, how does this BALANCE other modes (particularly CFM) that do not have these limits.
  • arael9363
    2 posts New member
    got really excited that AP went up atleast but not really with the increases to the abilities themselves. im with everyone else just get rid of it and make it like earlier MUT versions