EA Forums - Banner

Disconnect Glitch

I have a screenshot of two different players names that DCd me back to back. It is beyond bogus that I can’t post their names in here and then someone higher up should ban these people. How can you have this problem for so many years and not have a system to stop it? 🤮

Replies

• I guess I know how frustrating this is for you. I faced similar patterns too in H2H games. since I invested a lot of time to investigate my internet connection and how it interferes with Madden, I came to the conclusion that in many cases it is just a technical issue and not a cheat. maybe you are interested in my post I wrote a while ago? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Why-am-I-getting-constantly-DC-GLITCHED-I-CANT-EVEN-PLAY-A-GAME/m-p/9956794#M8684
  • I guess I know how frustrating this is for you. I faced similar patterns too in H2H games. since I invested a lot of time to investigate my internet connection and how it interferes with Madden, I came to the conclusion that in many cases it is just a technical issue and not a cheat. maybe you are interested in my post I wrote a while ago? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Why-am-I-getting-constantly-DC-GLITCHED-I-CANT-EVEN-PLAY-A-GAME/m-p/9956794#M8684
    are you trying to imply that it’s my internet? No, I’m running on an Ethernet cable and good internet. It is a DC glitch the thing people have been doing for years. Dont try to turn this into something else. They all have private accounts where you can’t message them that’s how you know they are just stealing wins

• if it has been happening to you for years, I'd really consider checking your internet connection. a fast connection does not necessarily imply that it is stable. in my case, I only learnt that my connection had frequently lost data packets before I replaced my ethernet cable and my modem. doing that reduced the frequency how often I faced this kind of losses (while I got 1 or 2, maybe 3, wins myself too in Madden 20 although I conceded the game...). I still face this issue from time to time since Madden is very sensitive about lost data packets. but it doesn't surprise me because just so many things can happen between my modem and EA's servers.

if you don't want to hear my suggestions on how to check and possibly improve things that are in your hands, that's up to you. I'm just a player trying to help you. but sometimes some people don't want to be helped at all....
  • if it has been happening to you for years, I'd really consider checking your internet connection. a fast connection does not necessarily imply that it is stable. in my case, I only learnt that my connection had frequently lost data packets before I replaced my ethernet cable and my modem. doing that reduced the frequency how often I faced this kind of losses (while I got 1 or 2, maybe 3, wins myself too in Madden 20 although I conceded the game...). I still face this issue from time to time since Madden is very sensitive about lost data packets. but it doesn't surprise me because just so many things can happen between my modem and EA's servers.

if you don't want to hear my suggestions on how to check and possibly improve things that are in your hands, that's up to you. I'm just a player trying to help you. but sometimes some people don't want to be helped at all....

I’m saying it’s been in the game for years. There should be no disconnect glitch. People shouldn’t be racking up MUT coins and selling them online by cheating. EA and Sony should have this problem solve. There’s nothing wrong with my internet I don’t lag almost every game I get to play all the way through. It’s just there are cheaters and EA chooses to do nothing about it.
  • so, you did already verify that your internet connection does not lose data packets from time to time? as I said, a fast internet connection is not necessarily a stable one. and you will not see lags with the naked eye if data packets are lost...
  • so, you did already verify that your internet connection does not lose data packets from time to time? as I said, a fast internet connection is not necessarily a stable one. and you will not see lags with the naked eye if data packets are lost...
    What I can see with my naked eye is the only time I lag out, is right after we load in from the loading screen and their 3 cards pop up, then poof, I’m back in the loading screen with a loss. DC glitch. Chesters. And I can’t post their PSNs here and “shame” them. **** that. They deserve to be shamed and banned
  • did you already do a UO trace? if you are unlucky and there is an unstable node between you and EA's servers, it might cause frequent losses of connection. it's the same with me. I'm European and there are just too many nodes between my modem and EA's servers which might cause a desync issue. the more unreliable nodes, the higher the risk... and yes, I faced a similar issue years ago when trying to play FIFA, and I still face it from time to time in Madden too...

how to do a UO-trace: Do you have a PC/laptop by any chance so a UO Trace can be ran? It's a free connectivity tool from EA's website link below to check how your connection is reaching EA's servers? EA's Support staff can't help with those because of tool limitations. Usually when DNFs occur when game results are being calculated it's due to a de-sync that happens when exchanging the data. There is a loss of connection which causes the system to assume it was a disconnection from the user.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/