EA Forums - Banner

General question

The L2 button left side stick shifts the defense. You can choose to shift left, right, spread, or pinch, but what does the "option QB" and the "option RB" do for the defense? Does anyone use these features?

Replies

• If you suspect your opponent is running option plays, if you choose 'option QB' you are telling your players to play the QB on option plays; vice versa on 'option RB'
  • Thanks
  • Another question: What's the difference (or better yet) what's better, choosing individual coverage from the coverage adjustment menu (the triangle button) or man coverage from the assignment menu (the X button)
  • MaddenUniversity
    364 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    patfanBret wrote: »
    Another question: What's the difference (or better yet) what's better, choosing individual coverage from the coverage adjustment menu (the triangle button) or man coverage from the assignment menu (the X button)

Should be the same as far as effectiveness of the assignment once it's assigned.

The coverage adjustment menu lets you do it quicker and without having to move to the specific player you're adjusting, assuming you are used to making coverage assignments with the Triangle button. If you like to control a linebacker, you can maintain control of your linebacker and change any player in the secondary.

Using the assignment menu, you have to be controlling the player you want to adjust.

Later
  • Hi there. I have been playing Madden since 1988. This year I am unable to view any stats which takes so much away from the game and very disappointing. No one to contact or ask questions. I believe I am a decent player at this point. I dont like the MUT feature because I just want to play. I have zero interest in doing tests etc and enhance my players etc. Are there any online tournaments I can play on whether it be through EA or otherwise? I have a PS4. Alleviate any feedback on either the stats or tournaments online.
    Thanks!!!
    John
  • Appreciate not alleviate