EA Forums - Banner

Unplaybable

Over the years, message boarders often complained that the game is "unplayable." Usually it was something silly, such as "I do not like the facemasks.... this game is unplayable." Or "there are no cheerleaders... this game is unplayable."

But EA, seriously... the fact that ever single QB throws w/ pinpoint accuracy... THAT makes this game unplayable. I inserted my punter with passing sliders on 0. Final results: 17/28, 289 yards, 3TDs. Oh yeah... those 9 incomplete passes: four were from deep throws and the rest were from the "oh, I am about to get sacked, let me throw the ball away as an incomplete pass" thing that you also need to fix.

I am not a message board whiner. If I say something needs to be addressed in this game, then it needs to be addressed. This game is not fun at ALL. Oh yeah... you might want to figure out the suction block as well.

Time to re-fire the Xbox 360 and revive my NCAA Rutgers franchise and my APF 2k8 Assassins frachise.

Replies

• That's why I think Madden 18 needs a passing ring, and the green accuracy bar would be sized based on the QB's accuracy rating. The one thing that has bothering me lately is kick meter lag. Is that happening to you at all?
    Madden fan since 93.
  • That's why I think Madden 18 needs a passing ring, and the green accuracy bar would be sized based on the QB's accuracy rating. The one thing that has bothering me lately is kick meter lag. Is that happening to you at all?

I had horrendous kick meter lag when I was playing Madden on my WiFi. 27MB down and about 5MB up. When I play on my LAN with 100+MB down and 20MB up the kick meter moves just as it does in an offline game.
  • kennylc wrote: »
    Over the years, message boarders often complained that the game is "unplayable." Usually it was something silly, such as "I do not like the facemasks.... this game is unplayable." Or "there are no cheerleaders... this game is unplayable."

But EA, seriously... the fact that ever single QB throws w/ pinpoint accuracy... THAT makes this game unplayable. I inserted my punter with passing sliders on 0. Final results: 17/28, 289 yards, 3TDs. Oh yeah... those 9 incomplete passes: four were from deep throws and the rest were from the "oh, I am about to get sacked, let me throw the ball away as an incomplete pass" thing that you also need to fix.

I am not a message board whiner. If I say something needs to be addressed in this game, then it needs to be addressed. This game is not fun at ALL. Oh yeah... you might want to figure out the suction block as well.

Time to re-fire the Xbox 360 and revive my NCAA Rutgers franchise and my APF 2k8 Assassins frachise.

I wish that were true, because I would probably play with the Broncos. But I cant because their QBs lack accuracy.

Im pretty sure if your passing game was based on timing and throwing receivers open coming out of their breaks like I do you would notice the QBs with poor accuracy grades.

Youre probably to WRs who are wide open. You dont have to be accurate throwing to wide open receivers.
  • Yes... you do need to be accurate to throw to wide open receivers. We see all the time that the receiver is open, but the pass sails on the QB, or thrown behind him, or too wide.

"Im pretty sure if your passing game was based on timing and throwing receivers open coming out of their breaks like I do you would notice the QBs with poor accuracy grades."

I guess I'm missing something here... what other passing games are there??

But you know what? It's all good. If I am the only one who sees an issue with a punter hitting 70% of his passes, then it is what it is.
  • Who cares about QB accuracy when on offense...

Any WR with speed = god
    Any HB with 90+ speed and agility = god
    Any TE with 80+ speed = god

Only makes sense that any player under center will be a god as well.