EA Forums - Banner

Remove player from Injury Reserve

Gronk is hurt in real life's and madden 17 doesn't let me play with him. Kind of irritating. I'm not playing franchise or anything just trying to play now. Does anyone know how to remove someone from IR?

Replies

• They made it this yr that u can't ...So if they are on if u will have find an earlier roster update without him on IR.
  • There's so many post trying to get back to the old ways of playing ir players too bad typical ea makes the best Madden but always does something to make it unplayable(not playing the best players because there's alot on ir this year)
  • They must of changed the IR system because earlier in season u was able to play IR players in play now ....I was able to use RG3 when he was on IR then i tried later and was a no go which it should be if the real teams have to adjust to injuries and use back ups so should Madden players.

That's one main reasons why I stopped playing online ranked because when key players like gronk, Brady, Bryant, romo, etc was hurt u was still allowed to use them because ea listened to the gamers who couldn't play without there fav player online.
  • Yeah I'm a Patriots fan. It's pretty lame not being able to play with Gronk. If it was an online franchise I could kind of see it. Oh well. Do they take players out of MUT when they get hurt? Or do they allow you to use them? I wonder sometimes. I don't play it. I would guess that they don't take them out because players pay for them in a round about fashion a lot of times.

Any rate, good luck.
  • Earlier this year you could use IR players listed as inactive in online and offline modes... But about 2 updates ago, they changed it so you couldn't.

In EA's defense, a lot of people have been asking for IR players to be removed from online rosters since roster updates were possible (Madden 2007 on PS3, I think). That said, I have always thought making any player on the roster unavailable in the virtual world because they got injured in the real world was a bad idea. Many NFL players play Madden, and not being able to put themselves into the virtual game while they are rehabbing is an insult added to the injury.

It's altogether different than having them injured in-game and being unavailable... I'd be cool if EA made them more injury prone because of a real life injury. I'm even willing to have them make a player that is injured in game unavailable for a designated number of games... But to have a player out indefinitely (aka until EA's head emerges from their proverbial fill-in-the-blank) because they were expected to be out for the equivalent of 6 games is just plain STUPID... Heck, I can play that many games in an afternoon.

SMH...

Later

• Earlier this year you could use IR players listed as inactive in online and offline modes... But about 2 updates ago, they changed it so you couldn't.

In EA's defense, a lot of people have been asking for IR players to be removed from online rosters since roster updates were possible (Madden 2007 on PS3, I think). That said, I have always thought making any player on the roster unavailable in the virtual world because they got injured in the real world was a bad idea. Many NFL players play Madden, and not being able to put themselves into the virtual game while they are rehabbing is an insult added to the injury.

It's altogether different than having them injured in-game and being unavailable... I'd be cool if EA made them more injury prone because of a real life injury. I'm even willing to have them make a player that is injured in game unavailable for a designated number of games... But to have a player out indefinitely (aka until EA's head emerges from their proverbial fill-in-the-blank) because they were expected to be out for the equivalent of 6 games is just plain STUPID... Heck, I can play that many games in an afternoon.

SMH...

Later

Actually it's been like this the entire year people only notice because the "key" players were taken off 2 updates ago(earl Thomas on a team that everyone plays cuz they are bad a defense or gronk the team everyone plays because of highest over) so don't say you know stuff but it's stupid and needs to me fixed because I've played very rarley since week 5 or so and I really liked this Madden up till then when I lost my best corner and rb on my favorite team since I was born
  • thebird533 wrote: »
    Earlier this year you could use IR players listed as inactive in online and offline modes... But about 2 updates ago, they changed it so you couldn't.

SMH...

Later

Actually it's been like this the entire year people only notice because the "key" players were taken off 2 updates ago(earl Thomas on a team that everyone plays cuz they are bad a defense or gronk the team everyone plays because of highest over) so don't say you know stuff but it's stupid and needs to me fixed because I've played very rarley since week 5 or so and I really liked this Madden up till then when I lost my best corner and rb on my favorite team since I was born

Bad at defense as the player not the team, the teams def is actually very rigged as in its the one defense you can just let the ai do all the work and you do nothing just picked the Madden plays and set the controller down. and ovr(overall) not over

• Bad at defense as the player not the team, the teams def is actually very rigged as in its the one defense you can just let the ai do all the work and you do nothing just picked the Madden plays and set the controller down. and ovr(overall) not over[/quote]

But this I don't care about I just want my team's best RB and cb that's been on ir since around week 5-6 and a team I've always played since Madden 96 green bay
  • thebird533 wrote: »
    Actually it's been like this the entire year people only notice because the "key" players were taken off 2 updates ago(earl Thomas on a team that everyone plays cuz they are bad a defense or gronk the team everyone plays because of highest over) so don't say you know stuff but it's stupid and needs to me fixed because I've played very rarely since week 5 or so and I really liked this Madden up till then when I lost my best corner and rb on my favorite team since I was born

bird,

Punctuation is our friend. I had to read your post about 4 times to figure out what you meant.

But now that I know, I have to respond with - you shouldn't judge me by the habits of others. I'm not a bandwagon Madden player that uses the team with the best OVR, OFF, or DEF ratings. I use the Panthers 100% regardless of their ratings... On my team, I have a few injured players. Center Ryan Kalil being the most important. But I get by with his replacement(s).

That said, the idea that real life IR players aren't available in the virtual world was a bad idea when I first heard it in 2006, and is still a bad idea now. It's going to be a bad idea 10 years from now. What I'm saying is, it's a BAD IDEA independently of how that effects the team I use.

Later
  • love it. i was excited to see what would happen when i was forced to use my back up qb(titans), but i guess they aren't taken him out with the last update.
  • Dude. It is super sweet to use back ups. I can't wait for Madden CFL next year.
  • I'd prefer to use the best player on my roster for the task I need performed... That's not always the guy the real coach starts. Sometimes it's not even the guy that is designated at a particular position.

Later
  • Madden always does something to mess up the fans experience. I can understand not allowing ir for ranked games but a friendly match up at home with friends through the play now screen is just plain stupid. For the last several years I have vowed never to buy this game but for some reason or another a friend gifts it to me. I hate ea and there corrupt monopolistic ways. Another thing that really chaps my hide is not being able to play multi-player online with a friend that is in the same room against other people. So everyone must own the game and play at home? Screw you Ea!
  • I notice every new Madden that comes up, starts getting worse every time. Why does EA continue to pull this ****? They always find a way to ruin a fans experience. It is very upsetting that we pay $60-80 for a great experience, but we get **** like this. I’m better off buying food from Amy’s Baking Company than having to buy this game. Enough’s enough EA, start taking this into consideration.
  • Awwww boo freaking hoo.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4302 posts EA Community Manager
    merlin33 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a Patriots fan. It's pretty lame not being able to play with Gronk. If it was an online franchise I could kind of see it. Oh well. Do they take players out of MUT when they get hurt? Or do they allow you to use them? I wonder sometimes. I don't play it. I would guess that they don't take them out because players pay for them in a round about fashion a lot of times.

Any rate, good luck.

Items do not get removed from accounts in MUT due to real life injuries.