EA Forums - Banner

An Option to toggle off Target Passing

There needs to be a way to toggle off Target Passing in the game. When playing sometimes I have the habit to press the L2 button when trying to pass and of course when doing that, that triggers the target passing option. Please make an option to turn this off. It gets very frustrating when trying to do a pass play and this happens.

Replies

• I want a 3-way toggle:

Always On - your only passing method is target passing
    Always Off - you can use L2 and L1 for low/high pass and the left stick continues to control your player (basically like it was in Madden 17)
    Trigger - As it works now in Madden 18
  • The second option is the only way my Dude. Target Passing is completely Broken. Until they get it fixed, there needs to be an option to turn it off.
  • For a while there, I had to think about what in the world you were talking about... forgot all about 'target passing
  • It would stand to reason that the original poster should STOP HITTING L2... It has no function in the passing game other than to activate the Target Passing system. It may be a habit, but it's a bad one. DROP THIS BAD HABIT...

Take your finger off the button and curl it underneath the controller where there is NO CHANCE of hitting L2 which ultimately turns off Target Passing.

Later
  • It would stand to reason that the original poster should STOP HITTING L2... It has no function in the passing game other than to activate the Target Passing system. It may be a habit, but it's a bad one. DROP THIS BAD HABIT...

Take your finger off the button and curl it underneath the controller where there is NO CHANCE of hitting L2 which ultimately turns off Target Passing.

Later

Except, now when you hit L1, you cannot control movement, because the left stick is tied to whether you're doing a high or low pass. It's also less efficient to target high or low, because you have to hit 2 buttons instead of 1 to trigger the effect.

The option to make it like it was in Madden 17, where Target Passing is off, and you have L2 as low pass and L1 as high pass should be available.

Conversely, if you want to use ONLY target passing, it doesn't make sense to require you to trigger it. Hence my suggestion for 3 options: Target Passing Off, Target Passing On, and Target Passing Lock.
  • Continue to practice to make sure you aren't holding L2. I know it's hard because of past versions however I don't see them making a patch which changes the button layout.
  • Continue to practice to make sure you aren't holding L2. I know it's hard because of past versions however I don't see them making a patch which changes the button layout.

They've taken away the ability to signal that you're open as a receiver. They've also changed what the buttons do when you're blocking (in that X used to be "engage block" and is now something else or nothing at all, can't remember which).

So they have made patches that change what the controls do.

It's also a bad design for them to change the mechanics and make them "optional" in that you simply don't click that button instead of making them optional as in something you target on or off.
  • This is just stupid in general.
  • BSDShoes wrote: »
    This is just stupid in general.

Which part, that target passing exists, or that we want to turn it off, or how it was implemented?