EA Forums - Banner

Depth Chart/Formation Restrictions

jjdwyer30
164 posts Member
edited November 2017
Does it bother anyone else that you can’t edit your depth chart in anyway you want? For example:

Strong Safties can’t be KR
No defensive back can be put on offense
WR can’t be 3rd down RB

Why does it matter who I put into my lineup. I should be able to start a LT at QB If I wanted to. It is a video game.

Let me know what you think!

Post edited by jjdwyer30 on

Replies

• To any developers or anyone that knows anything this sort of thing, but this seems like something that wouldn’t be difficult to include in the next update. Let me know if I am talking crazy!
  • Honestly, when we're talking about single player offline franchises, I also agree that you should be able to do what you want. But it is more complicated when you go online. The issue of WR being a RB.... let's be honest here. The reason 99.9999999999% users want to put their WR at RB or their DB on offense is because they want to put their 99 speed guy in a key spot becuase speed continues to be all that matters (despite EA's promise that 'simulation mode' players will 'play to their ratings'
  • I see your point, but KC actually does put their WR’s in the backfield on a regular basis. And Detroit ran an end around with their CB last week. While it could give someone with a very fast player an advantage it is something that is part of the NFL!