EA Forums - Banner

Goal line formation & QB sneak.

Is it me or does the QB just seem to fall forward when running this play?

Replies

• It's really difficult to stop the qb sneak.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • It's really difficult to stop the qb sneak.

In real life... It's one of the most successful short yardage plays in the history of the game.

However, the history of the QB Sneak in Madden has a black eye. Years ago, the QB stayed upright until he was tackled, but some claimed that the sneak was too powerful a play (as it should be), so it was changed so the QB merely took the ball a few steps forward and dove. It was usually good for about 3 yards. People still complained. Later he took the ball and fell forward immediately, but was able to get about 2 yards. This year, you're doing great if you can get a full yard with the QB Sneak. It's gone from being a short yardage weapon (like it should be) to a dud.

I stopped using it about years ago because it's becoming less and less effective for no good football reason.

Later
  • Agreed completely. Instead of fixing the problem, EA's response was simply not to let it work. And you're kind of messed up either way. QB sneak is useless so instead, you call a HB dive. But what happens 9 out of 10 times, the DT simply tosses the blocker out of the way and your stuffed for a 3 yard loss.

And this is in simulation setting where "players play to their ratings"
  • I usually call the fullback dive instead of the QB sneak.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Today I called a qb sneak and the qb dove so fast I thought I was short of converting the 4th and inches.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • A-chap2
    7 posts New member
    i dont try it on anything further than an 'Inches' play. I suggested in a post on Technical Issues, that at most make the QB protect ball or put their head down as default. Basically EA, let the game play if you're confident in it. My guess is they tried it and it wasn't successful so they just did a quick patch on it.
  • kennylc wrote: »
    Agreed completely. Instead of fixing the problem, EA's response was simply not to let it work. And you're kind of messed up either way. QB sneak is useless so instead, you call a HB dive. But what happens 9 out of 10 times, the DT simply tosses the blocker out of the way and your stuffed for a 3 yard loss.

And this is in simulation setting where "players play to their ratings"

I usually call a vertical passing play out of shotgun then audible to inside zone run on 3rd and short. Usually works, but I feel like I'm cheating cause it's a cheesy way to do it. I'd rather line up in a goal line formation and have my big guys block, but as you said, it simply doesn't work that way. My average yardage for HB dive plays is negative. I never call it anymore. How's that "simulation"?
  • If you lean the right direction, he might lunge for a full yard, that's a successful sneak in madden. Never sneak, just I-form toss against goal line D, unstoppable