EA Forums - Banner

Weather variety requests, especially for those of us with a powerful gaming PC

Now that Madden is back on PC, how about showing those with a powerful PC some love ? Some weather options I will like to see:

1. Fog - light, medium, heavy options

2. Rain - light, medium, heavy options

3. Snow - light, medium, heavy options

4. the ability to actually select the temperature with the appropriate visual and game play animation effects. Like playing in 20 degree weather and seeing player breathe coming from their mouths, players on the sideline wearing cold weather coats over their pads. Or playing in 90 degree weather, seeing haze on the field as you look down the field. seeing players sweating a lot and constantly drinking during time outs.

As it stands now, we only have rain and snow. Both of those look like light rain and light snow. I want to see some blizzards and heavy down pours. I want to see mud.

Replies

• NatureBoy2323
    3704 posts Game Changer
    The PC version is the same as the console version of the game. They all have the same modes and features.
  • Yeah I know that, that is why I titled it a request. Madden haven't updated their weather system in many years. It is time for more options.
  • Something else worth noting in regards to the weather: MSAA disables it completely, so be sure to set Antialiasing to FXAA or turn it off all together, otherwise you won't see any falling rain or snow!
  • Yep, I read that on OS a few days ago. I was wondering why I never saw snow or rain falling in game. Sad thing is though, the game look way better with MSAA turned on.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey @Gotmadskillzson & @Chubzdoomer ,

We were recently made aware of the issue with MSAA disabling the weather effects, sorry about this inconvenience. I'll get back to you as soon as we have more information on this.

Roger.
  • Funny how NCAA had more weather options, and you could choose the temperature. How was this possible on an old console, yet still not brought over to the latest generation? I'd love to play in fridged temperatures with no snow, or 100° heat and humidity in Florida.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks for your feedback on this @hibbadyskibbady