EA Forums - Banner

Madden soundtrack idea

How about we start adding music from multiple genres and allowing us to create our own playlists? You know...not everyone enjoys modern rap music.

Replies

• Dear EA, Madden 19 is a good game so far, better than last years, however the one area I hope you could correct is the soundtrack. I don't like rap or hip hop at all really, and was very discouraged that there was no diversity in the playlist. You don't have to cater just to me but I'm sure there are other players out there that would agree that there is too much rap. As a result I think that in the next big update you guys do for the game, is put some Classic Rock, and Pop into the game, like Queen's "I want it all", or AC/DC's "Back in Black". You could even put the song "Your the best around", Just diversify the setlist more. Like if you agree with me!
  • I agree 100%. I'm already looking for a way to change the music - sadly there is none (until MMM - Madden Music Monday's) when the dev team decides to put something else in. You'd think with all the Apps available on the PS4, 360 and PC, there would be some way for the devs to incorporate iheart or spotify or any of the other 1000s of apps for music play lists and let the users decide what they want to listen too.
  • +1 I found out if you click down RS and than go to EATRAX you can disable what you dont like
    which for me is all except OrchestralMusic at the bottom of list
  • I've been disabling every track for years.
  • This soundtrack is awful. I used to like the EA Trax soundtracks, but this one is especially bad. I don't expect to like everything, but Madden should have a wider range of genres. It terrible to have to disable every song.
  • I like the Madden soundtrack. Last year's was better, but this one is pretty good. I just wish there was an exploit to get it to stop censoring the songs. Some of us are adults and can handle swear words.
  • No love for us that prefer rock n roll. It's a shame.
  • Agreed. I'm too old for the garbage music in the game.
  • Soundtrack could surely use some variety but what annoys me the most is that it's filled with songs that needed to be censored. With all the N-words, swearwords, gun labels and whatnot removed, we have a soundtrack that sounds like it's coming from a horribly scratched CD. What's the point in putting a song in there and then taking huge chunks off of it? Is this how people listen to music nowadays?

• Irezawa wrote: »
    What's the point in putting a song in there and then taking huge chunks off of it? Is this how people listen to music nowadays?

I guess EA is going the whole "radio edit" route.

I myself, did not like the soundtrack. It's all rap. Sorry EA, not all of us listen to that. Maybe take into consideration some other genres. Hell, madden 03 had a mixture of rap and rock, which actually had a somewhat reasonable playlist. Then again, I'd imagine licensing/costs come into play for music. Hell, for PC, we should be able to put our own music in. At least in SP.
  • Oh, yes. The music is ghastly for older folks like me. I cannot wait till someone builds a music mod for PC. Frankly, I am terribly sorry that I don't like it. I prefer to think my tastes are quite diverse, but the constant thumping and monotonous half understood words and the discordant nonsense is very distracting and severely undermines any sense of immersion. I also shut it off, but there needs to be something or the work of drafting and negotiating and etc., can become extremely tedious.

Please help us find a way to add something else to the playlist...
  • Oh, yes. The music is ghastly for older folks like me. I cannot wait till someone builds a music mod for PC. Frankly, I am terribly sorry that I don't like it. I prefer to think my tastes are quite diverse, but the constant thumping and monotonous half understood words and the discordant nonsense is very distracting and severely undermines any sense of immersion. I also shut it off, but there needs to be something or the work of drafting and negotiating and etc., can become extremely tedious.

Please help us find a way to add something else to the playlist...

Honestly, I just tune it out myself. But in other much older madden games, at least the music made you feel like you were watching/playing the game and not listening to a constant advertisement for whatever rappers are hot off the streets hoping for their album will go double-uranium. But I do agree with you, most rap to me at least, is not only discordant, but nonsensical. Not to mention,it all sounds like machines because auto-tune/pro-tools. If I wanted to listen to robots singing, I would play vocaloid tracks over the in-game music(yes, I'm a fan of vocaloid shut up). At least those songs are listenable(to me) and the lyrics make sense(most of the time), and the audio can be more relaxing, or intense depending on the track).
  • Tile Speaks for it self, Guys At Ea Have had really better Selection,

i mean Come on does Drake only listen to Rap.
  • Tile Speaks for it self, Guys At Ea Have had really better Selection,

i mean Come on does Drake only listen to Rap.

Pretty sure he doesn't. Probably listens to other genres briefly so that he can "sample" them when they are creating those oh so phat beats! Heck, IIRC, in 18' one of them sampled a Hatsune Miku song. Not sure which one, but I know her voice.
  • More genres. More selection. Or a way to pipe your own music in.
  • Again, I think the music selection is great. But, I agree, a way to link it to your own music account or even upload your own songs would be great. Or a way to turn of the censoring of the songs, I'd rather hear it the way the artist intended.
  • I can certaintly reply to this topic.For a long time I thought the rap music in this game every year is 🎃🎃🎃🎃! I turn it off year after year.The thing that's worse is that you can't add your own personal music to the game like MLB The Show.We want that option in the future EA
  • we should be careful before EA decides to charge us an addition $10 for the option to use Spotify in game