EA Forums - Banner

This game has become unplayble

Ive played madden every year and theres always something wrong with it, but i at least get enjoyment out of playing it. This year , not even close. I pretty much play offline franchise (ps4) and against the computer. This yr you cant run or pass. The oline doesnt block, the computer controlled dline and lbs dont get slowed down if at all. The lbs and secondary jump unrealistically high and backwards to intercept or knock down almost every pass. (I cant get my players to jump at passes but the cpu players will jump and intercept a ball intended for a wr 15yrds behind them. Ive even tried messing with the sliders to try and balance things, and they dont seem to have any effect. This might actually be my last yr buying it if updates dont make it somewhat balanced.

Replies

• Also whenever theres a int the intended wr just stops and freezes after its caught by the cpu
  • You have the freedom to adjust the sliders to make the game fit your skill level
  • I agree. This Madden is the worse Madden ever. I can't run. The CPU can't even run. Stupid game!!! Passing is horrible. Scores are so low its like a baseball game. What a laugh!!! I will be playing 18 and selling this game.
  • I love the guys at EA and hope they gets these bugs fixed. The turbo does nothing. The loose ball mechanics from fumble to swat pass are beyond me on how they are real. I think it’s fixing stuff for competive madden tournaments first then casual players 2nd. There are no stats for players you played online it’s just a mirror of your own stats. Maybe they released it 2 weeks early to get a jump on the issues compared to last 5 years of the madden release. I hope they get the stats fixed H2H because the only reason I play is to compare win loss to friends and top 100. They should just hire 3 party stats app to keep track of all the the registered gamers and logs wins and losses there. I would pay for phone app to search and scout other players stats.The old days you could look at anyone’s gamer tag and see W-L from the EA site but they abandoned that. The virgin gaming site you could see W-L on that as well but just for members who played for money.
  • I think it would go a long way if EA hired interns to play their game in depth throughout the development process and before the final product is complete. Assign people to each mode. This could eliminate many of these release date flaws. If they do have people doing this already, then they need to involve themselves much more.
  • You have the freedom to adjust the sliders to make the game fit your skill level

Really? "Skill level"?? Ok buddy.
  • I think it would go a long way if EA hired interns to play their game in depth throughout the development process and before the final product is complete. Assign people to each mode. This could eliminate many of these release date flaws. If they do have people doing this already, then they need to involve themselves much more.

They had beta testers giving them plenty of reports on the bugs in the game. They just ignored them for the most part. You cant get through a single game without coming across a bug or a glitch.
  • That’s unfortunate. I haven’t played any games other that one short exhibition. I mainly mess with fantasy drafts until the preseason rosters are updated for week 1 reg season. But it sounds like I’m not going to like it. I don’t know why they just don’t charge around $20 for a 2019 roster update for prior versions of the game. Actually, I do. Money.
  • bodani39
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    You have the freedom to adjust the sliders to make the game fit your skill level[/

quote that has absolutely nothing to do are you playing online this game sucks
  • bodani39
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    does anyone know if they will have a patch to fix all this crazy issues, you can't run , while running trying to cut sucks, the wide receivers are never open the defense is way too good all the stutter stepping when trying to run is crazy
  • They have many updates throughout the year.
  • The sliders dont prevent the cpu def from jumping every route and intercepting every tip ball. I had a game where i had 3 balls tipped from one on one coverage and the ball goes right into another defender not even clise to the play. It also doesnt prevent defenders from going unblocked the majorityof the time. It also doesnt prevent a dl from outrunning a rb. It also doesnt prevent on what should have been a pick 6 result in the def having 6guys (including ol that caught me past the 50yrd line when i passed them up atthe 10) catch up to my db. The game needs alot of work...
  • The sliders dont prevent the cpu def from jumping every route and intercepting every tip ball. I had a game where i had 3 balls tipped from one on one coverage and the ball goes right into another defender not even clise to the play. It also doesnt prevent defenders from going unblocked the majorityof the time. It also doesnt prevent a dl from outrunning a rb. It also doesnt prevent on what should have been a pick 6 result in the def having 6guys (including ol that caught me past the 50yrd line when i passed them up atthe 10) catch up to my db. The game needs alot of work...